PDA

View Full Version : My Book Synopsis- Is it OK?

PatrickMoran2008
06-24-2008, 02:50 AM
Good afternoon.

I finished my synopsis for my first book I'm about to start writing. Not being experienced yet on this board, I wondered if would be smart, or at least acceptable to share my synopsis with the board? (It's not long)

I was thinking a few things that would be really helpful.

* It would be great to get some feedback and opinion on the subject of my book. I always appreciate that (who doesn't?)

* For the more accomplished writers in here and/or the people that've been there before, it would be helpful to me to maybe get some critiques, including but not limited too what is right, and maybe wrong about it.

* After having an idea of what the book is going to be about, perhaps the direction I should go in terms of pursuing an agent in that type of market when it's the proper time.

Now having said that.. I don't know if sharing a synopsis is something that is acceptable or a no-no on this board. I"m not really worried about anyone stealing the book idea, because truthfully, I have access to the subject and some of the key components of the book that nobody else would be able to get.

But in some ways, maybe not so much in the story telling way, but the business and putting things together side of it; I'm wet behind the ears.

So by showing some of my stuff for more accomplished people to see, I hope that I'm able to do some learning on here about what does and doesn't work; and then someday down the road being able to "pay it forward" with others in my position right now.

aka eraser
06-24-2008, 04:21 AM
Patrick, your best bet is to post it in the query letter section of our Share Your Work board. Then you could post a link to it in this forum if you wish.

PatrickMoran2008
06-24-2008, 05:24 AM
THank you for the tip, Eraser.

Here is the link to my book synopsis.
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2477716#post2477716
password is: vista

Thanks again.

PatrickMoran2008
06-24-2008, 05:31 AM
I should probably call this a summary of what my book is going to be about. It's not really a "synopsis" at all. Bad choice of wording.

At any rate, I'd still appreciate feedback and/or advice.