Week 1: Just For Fun -- Vote!

zeprosnepsid

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone want to share who their favorites were in the Join in on the theme - Just for fun thread for week 1?

It's past 2am here, so I'm going to read the last couple in the a.m. and I'll let you know who I think, outside of the main competition, nailed it.

zeprosnepsid

Registered
Reaction score
i guess i liked ddama's the best. But I also liked skylars'. (to be fair, i didn't make it through some of the more graphic entries.)

ddama, i liked your writing a lot, but i think suicide stories are very difficult. I think they often come out very forced in a short story, since oftentimes you need more pages to get enough into a character to really feel for what they do. But despite me not liking the genre of 'suicide shorts' if you can call it a genre, I liked your writing very much. Very engaging.

skylar's piece was cute. I went from thinking -- what a dick! to huh, this guy is more complex than that. I mean I could write a psychoanalysis of that guy based on just a couple hundred words.

TashaGoddard

Away with the fairies
Registered
Reaction score
I would vote for SueB's Linda (on page 1 of the thread). Not that there aren't plenty of other good pieces there, but this one particularly caught me.

Melina

Getting better all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atozwordsmith.com
My favorite "Just for Fun" entry was "Big Girl" by zeprosnepsid. You really captured the tension of the little girl as she was struggling with her decision. Very entertaining piece of work!

Melina