PDA

View Full Version : Would love a beta for an urban fantasy

ink wench
06-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Warning: the MC is a vampire.

Ok, now that most people have run away screaming "not another one".... Basically, my MC, a biology teacher with no patience for people who believe in magic or superstition, is attacked by a vampire and turned. As she tries to wrap her head around the idea that vampires even exist, she gets sucked into a helping a student at her school who's being preyed upon and ends up way over her head.

It's 97,000 words, mostly lighthearted. Small amount of violence, some sex, probably too much profanity. Pacing is my biggest concern and so is tone (varies between lighthearted and, um, not so lighthearted) and I want to make sure I've struck a good balance). Openings are the bane of my existence, so I'd be happy even for someone who only has time to check out the first three chapters.

I'm happy to return the favor. :) Thanks!

Kryianna
06-23-2008, 05:24 PM
I've sent you a PM.

Boy_Wonder
06-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Sounds like my kind of thing.

If you would like me to take a look at some or all I would be happy to. Shoot us a PM if you want :)

KikiteNeko
06-23-2008, 11:02 PM
The world is a vampire *headbobs*

Ahem, sorry.

I just wanted to say your story sounds pretty interesting, even though vampirism isn't my thing and I have 0 time to beta. Just wanted to say nice idea :)