OUR Story

Brooklyn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
finnfactory.blogspot.com
Since we are writers, how about we all do a bit of writing together. One person writes a few lines about the story, and someone else jumps in. The only rule is that your contribution can only be up to 8 sentences, and you can contribute more than once but not until at least 2 more people have contributed? cool? who's first....

Alice.S

just ate all your candy
Registered
Reaction score
or since it's called OUR story maybe something like...

Once upon a time at AW...

Last edited:

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
Still, even a fancy mutt can have aspirations, and Huck was determined to become a Writer. He immediately dove into the Share Your Work forum and posted a short story -- in the wrong genre! A kindly Mod moved it, but Huck got lost and couldn't find it for three days. By that time, seven crits had been posted.

Disa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
disawylde.wordpress.com
Huck was surprised at how much writing knowledge these people had, and took each crit to heart. As he got to the last one, he began to get upset.

Brooklyn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
finnfactory.blogspot.com
going well so far, this is what we have. KEEP ADDING:

Once upon a time at AW there was someone named Huck that logged on, as he always wanted to write. He knew there wasn't a way for others to believe that he actually could write, as he was a Cock-A-Poo. Still, even a fancy mutt can have aspirations, and Huck was determined to become a Writer. He immediately dove into the Share Your Work forum and posted a short story -- in the wrong genre! A kindly Mod moved it, but Huck got lost and couldn't find it for three days. By that time, seven crits had been posted. Huck was surprised at how much writing knowledge these people had, and took each crit to heart. As he got to the last one, he began to get upset. "Who is this guy Will Haskins? And why is he being so kind compared to the rest of the crits?" he asked the folks around AW.
It seems everyone else had pretty much ripped poor Huck's work apart, but Will had been sensitive to Huck's feelings and given him a heartfelt pep talk instead. So Huck screwed up his nerve and sent Will Haskins a PM. A few minutes later, he rocked back in his chair in shock.

My new addition to the story:

He wasn't in shock because of Will, but because he didn't realize he was sitting in a chair that could rock. He leaned over to grab an iced cold miller lite, and whispered to himself, "this is the life."

Disa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
disawylde.wordpress.com
About that time he heard the cat squeal. He had rocked backward onto the cat's tail. The cat jumped up, knocked the Miller Lite out of Huck's hand, and beer poured all over Huck's keyboard. "Damned, cat!" he yelled.

smoothseas

Life sucks... Then ya die...
Registered
Reaction score
yawn... in da land of the terminally bored.
Damn cat deserved to be deep-sixed.

Huck grabbed the cat by the scruff of its neck, and made a mad dash for the head.

“That’ll show you, you feline fiend!” Huck crammed his arch-nemesis into the commode, banged down the lid, and flushed.

Needless to say, the CAT was pissed.

Last edited:

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
That night, as Huck lay alone in his clammy bed with no nice warm kitteh to snuggle his feet, he began to hear strange noises. "WTF is that," he muttered, rolling over for the 369th time. "Oh, to hell with it."

He got up and stumbled to the bathroom, since by now he had to pee again. When he turned on the light, he thought he must be dreaming. Something huge and pink was sitting on his toilet.

Beyondian

musker vyusher
Registered
Reaction score
The large pink thing blinked at him with yellow watery eyes. "I beg your pardon?"
Huck - confused by the crispness of the things tone - backed away mumbling apologies. He closed the door, and collapsed against it. What was a naked Santa Claus doing in his bathroom?

Just.Jase

Registered
Reaction score
"Yes, what ARE you doing in my bathroom, Santa Claus?" Huck stammered, clutching at the doorknob after downing a Miller Lite for courage.
"I'm not Santa. I'm Will Haskins. You sent me a PM. So here I am, to help!"