How are your feet surviving their torture?

Upbeat

Banned
Reaction score
Walking on concrete floors, as in a home or business built on a slab, is only one of many tortures our feet endure. while the wrong kind of shoes is another.
One seldom mentioned benefit of writing-it takes you off your feet.
Still, when not at computer, most of us have plenty to do - on foot This thought came to mind today after the bi-monthly foot care treatment to deal with a bunch of annoying problems.
For years, I took my poor feet for granted...no more!
Feet need as much TLC as one's hair-do!

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my other foot to wash on shore in Canada.

Anthony Matias

Registered
Reaction score
There are two things you shouldn't be cheap with when it comes to everyday living. One is your matress considering you spend an average of 1/3 of your day on it and the other is your shoes.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet, and I said to him, "From Canada, eh?"

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I love flip flops. I bought one pair in black and another in baby blue last week at Old Navy.

I have to wear something on my feet in this house since it's a construction zone. The floors are simply never clean. I also wear flip flops to work. About half the office does. It's not unusual to see one of us in a pretty dress or nice outfit with flip flops on our feet. Haha. Looks funny, but it's what we do. We sit at our desks barefoot most days and when we need to walk down the hall we slip on the old flip flops.

Also, my biggest concern with my feet is scrunching up my toes rather than arch support. My mother wore all the pretty shoes with narrow toe boxes when she was younger and her feet are deformed because of it. But I do loves me some Doc Martens combat boots, and mine have awesome arch support. Those are for winter, though. ;)

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
I've had five knee operations - I don't care too much for the whinging my feet may do.

JJ

Last edited:

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Good luck with that.
...so many choices.
Not here there ain't. And not ones that are good for feet especially. I'll probably have to wait until our next trip to another country somewhere before it's possible to get actually decent shoes, especially considering I have huge feet for the region.