Is it true about Dick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I heard our vice president is being impeached, is this true? If so, how will this affect our govt.? I know if a president is impeached the vp takes over, who takes over if the vp is? And if the vp is impeached, why shouldn't the president be? After all, he is his boss.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
no, it's not true.

there's this site; it's called google.com.

if you go there, you can click the "news" tab to get all kinds of interesting links about current events.

there's even a field in which you may type keywords... something like, i don't know... "cheney impeached"...

when you do this, any number of publications who've covered the story (assuming it exists) will be linked for your convenience and enlightenment.

let's try it, shall we?

first link:

At Congressional Hearing, Conyers Talks About ‘Impeachable Offense’
[SIZE=-1]The Public Record, California - 20 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Last year, a resolution introduced by Kucinich to impeach Cheney died in Conyers' committee. Talk of impeachment, however, was not limited to Conyers’ ...[/SIZE]

if we scroll down a bit, we see lots of rants and raves for impeachment of cheney... what's noticeably absent is any link stating that cheney is being impeached.

i hope this has helped you a bit on your journey towards self-sufficiency in gaining knowledge in current events.

TwentyFour

Registered
Reaction score
***Rolls her eyes at Haskins***

Anyway, I asked because they claim it is a tactic being used by in house Republicans in order to shut Democrats up.

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/28/AR2007062800567.html

This is a further shift by the Bush administration into Nixonian stonewalling and more evidence of their disdain for our system of checks and balances," said Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.), chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee. "Increasingly, the president and vice president feel they are above the law."

I know W owns a lot of shit-kickers, but it's getting pretty deep out there. And I won't even make a dick joke.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
I heard our vice president is being impeached, is this true? If so, how will this affect our govt.? I know if a president is impeached the vp takes over, who takes over if the vp is? And if the vp is impeached, why shouldn't the president be? After all, he is his boss.

Not necessarily. Impeachment technically means federal charges against an elected official - the official must be found guilty to be removed from office.

Clinton was impeached for the Lewinsky scandal but Gore never "took over". Of course, Clinton's impeacment was overturned a few months later. Nixon was also impeached but he resigned before he could be impeached (and almost certainly would have been). The only other President ever impeached was Andrew Johnson who was also not convicted.

TwentyFour

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Johnniesannie, you always give great info. BTW I like your avatar, I remember those great times of Sunday drives and driving for fun.

TwentyFour

Registered
Reaction score
with a proper internet connection, one can do the requisite research in the amount of time it takes one to roll one's eyes.
I'm ignoring your comment now simply because you did not properly capitalize your "W".:tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.