PDA

View Full Version : Want someone to read and critique your work?

Foozle
06-21-2008, 11:49 AM
I will be of service!

I confess that i am not perfect when it comes to grammar myself, but i am able to analyze and give feedback to those who wish it. I read novels as well as short stories, so there is no need to worry about length.

WARNING: I'm blunt. If you don't like having someone say "this part is not good" even if you think it's a gem, i will not say that i won't have room for discussion, but there will be that initial conversation starter that you might or might not want to hear.

Anyways, if there are interested parties out there either PM me or look at my profile for my email.

No thanks are needed. I'm sure I'll be the one that will end up loving all the new stories i get to read and enjoy (while giving my honest $0.02, of course).

Love ya' all,

~Foozle

Foozle
06-25-2008, 09:30 AM
I haven't gotten a whole lot of replies yet, so please, if need someone, don't be afraid to ask. I have a lot of time on my hands.

Captshady
06-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Awesome! I'm not done editing my current short, but I'll DEFINITELY take you up on this!

Sargentodiaz
06-25-2008, 07:38 PM
You are more than welcome to read the short stories I'm working on for a collection. I'll get your email address and sent them in one packer - if you want to read them.

marie2
07-02-2008, 11:12 PM
I'll definitely have you in mind :)

Maryn
07-03-2008, 12:59 AM
[COLOR=Red]WARNING: I'm blunt. If you don't like having someone say "this part is not good" even if you think it's a gem, i will not say that i won't have room for discussion, but there will be that initial conversation starter that you might or might not want to hear.[COLOR=Black]I dunno, I usually need more than "This part sucks." I need to know a reader's specific reasons for forming that opinion.

If a beta reader says, "This part is not good" that's not much help to me. I don't know how to improve it.

But I can totally get behind a beta who says, "This part is not good because you overemphasized the rope on pages 97 and again on 156, so it's obvious Ben's going to hang himself rather than use his dad's gun. Also, I really need to know what's going on in Ben's head while he prepares. Since he truly does love Jerry, why doesn't he leave a note? Doesn't he think it'll be awful for Jerry to find him? Put me in Ben's head." That tells me exactly what the beta thinks make it not good.

Maryn, who is thinking about ice cream now

blackpen
07-09-2008, 03:26 AM
I could use a beta for the first few chapters of my novel, but I'm still polishing and rewriting. I know what you mean by your comment, I hate it when I crit something and people get all defensive and argue back. Will you still be around in a couple of weeks? What type of genre do you prefer? mine is paranormal historical.

Nashelle
08-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Hi Foozle, want to be blunt with my work?

Kalthandrix
08-08-2008, 04:55 AM
I too am looking for blunt. I have posted some of my material and gotten some good feedback, but that was a while ago and I would like my first three chapters to get a review as one piece.

It is 7,769 words long and I would appreciate the read.

Let me know if you are interested.

Foozle
02-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Alright, after switching multiple computers and losing a lot of contacts, i'm reopened for business. Same rules apply.

To anyone who PM'd me during this whole thing i'm sorry for missing you, and i hope you got someone else to read your writings!

~Foozle

P.S. ~ and to answer those extremely old questions:

- yes, i am more specific and try to pin-point things that don't work.

- Sci-Fi, Epic Fantasy (or fantasy in general, just keeps the elves to a minimum) is what i prefer to read, though i am open to most anything except romance novels... no offense, just not my thing.

Quentin Nokov
02-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi, Foozle, I've written a 21,000 word "book" for my sister's b-day. I'm thinking of getting it published, though I need some critiques to bring it up to publishing quality, and an honest opinion on whether or not it's worth being published. I'm pretty open to criticism, I try not to explain why I put something in there that I did. My story is a mixture of fantasy and sci-fi. I don't expect you to look through the whole book, though if you do many many appreciations and thank yous ^.^

Umbra Penumbra Island -- Synopsis: The Demons have escaped hell and are now in search for their gatekeeper Bonnie who will lock them away once again. Allying themselves with pirates and a Hitler-Like General, they seek out Bonnie in hopes of killing her once and for all.

Thomas, an executioner at a prison camp, finds Bonnie. But when their prison camp is bombed she uses her teleportation powers and takes them to Umbra Penumbra Island, where Molly, a proclaimed sea-witch and cannibals live.

IF you're interested, my e-mail is quillshavez@yahoo.com. Once we correspond, I can send you an excerpt to see if it's a story you'd feel worth going through.

Foozle
02-11-2009, 09:47 PM
i have responded to a few people but they have not responded back. If any others are interested please let me know via PM or email

Leaf
02-19-2009, 04:20 AM
I have a short flash fiction piece I've been working on, and I was hoping you could give me some feedback. I should have a rough draft by tomorrow, if not Friday. I think the main thing that's been irking me about my own work is the imagery, and blunt criticism would be helpful.

Thanks!

Foozle
02-25-2009, 03:47 AM
I have a couple people lined up as of now, so please give me a little time to get all this work put through the door back to their owners! :D

Thanks to all for keeping me busy