Where should I go on vacation tomorrow?

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hawaii, and take me w. you, pleaaaaaaassssssseeeeee! :) Well, that's more than you wanted to go and more than you wanted to spend, but what the heck. :D

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing.

Go elsewhere.

Joe's right. Go elsewhere. You could go to Texas...there's umpteen million dude ranches, there's Houston and well...ballgames...nice hotels...the ship channel...Dow Chemical....well, maybe you shouldn't go to Houston.

Fraulein

Spooks? Where are you?...
Registered
Reaction score
If I were to tell you, then that would be cheating
Hawaii, and take me w. you, pleaaaaaaassssssseeeeee! :) Well, that's more than you wanted to go and more than you wanted to spend, but what the heck. :D
We'll have to go one day. Can you wait a couple of years? :poke: Is August of 2010 good for you? It's completely acceptable to spend a wad of cash after graduation, which won't happen until May, 2010.

I would love, love, love to go!!!

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
There is the space camp attraction on the way to Mobile. That might be cool.

If you want to go to a nice, white sandy beach, try Ft. Walton beach. Nice. When there you must have some Apalachicola oysters, absolutely wonderful.

Fraulein

Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
300 miles makes it a little limiting.

I'd invite you to come to Nashville . . . but it's too far. Ditto, the Great Smokey Mountains.

Buy a gun, visit Memphis? ;-) (j/k!)

Fraulein

Registered
Reaction score
300 miles makes it a little limiting.

I'd invite you to come to Nashville . . . but it's too far. Ditto, the Great Smokey Mountains.

Buy a gun, visit Memphis? ;-) (j/k!)
I know. I'm trying to do a day or day and a half trip. I could always stay home and get intimate with New Orleans. Although, that's just as limiting in a different kind of way.

I'm very curious about the Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia area. I don't know what to expect out of that part of the country. It's mysterious... :Huh:

The idea of Mobile is getting better and better. The Space301 museum is open tomorrow too. :) http://www.space301.com/gen_info.php

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Huntsville, Alabama has the Space Museum. That's almost within your range. A little over, I think.

BTW, if you ever get to Tennessee, parts of the Cumberland Plateau and the Great Smokeys are absolutely gorgeous. Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are a bit touristy, but they're okay for a family. Nashville, of course, has lots of music related stuff. The CMA Music Festival was a couple of weeks ago; 90,000 people from all over the world showed up.

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Nashville is fun. They've got the Parthenon replica, which is well worth seeing.