My Wife is Going to the Footy - I'm not Invited

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
So I'm upset.

My wife's girlfriend rang to say she had some footy tickets. Expecting to be invited (as a true fan) I said great I'd be there. She went a bit quiet and asked for my wife. Giggle, giggle, smile, look at me, giggle, giggle, smile etc. Wasn't to be. It seems like my wife has become a big fan of a game she knows nothing about. True. I asked who's playing. She said the wrong team. I asked who her favourite player was - she said Smith tThere is no player named Smith).

So, tomorrow night my wife is going to a game she is not interested in and has no idea what the rules are ,or even who is in either team. I get to look after the kids and watch the delayed telecast.

I love it when my wife ventures out with her girlfriends, but to the footy.... I mean...it's may domain. I'm the footy fan.

JJ

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I don't know what a footy is, but be careful... footys have been washing up on shore here in Canada.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wha...? And it's Our Tigers up there tonight. I just saw the score; won't tell you.

Must be something in the water. I went to see the Socceroos play Ghana a couple weeks ago - I was the only male in the group. I'm going to see them play China tomorrow, and I could be headed for the same fate.

What's going on? All the boys gone to watch union or Aussie Rules?

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
I assume she's going to an Aussie Rules match? Gotta' tell you, I LOVE Aussie Rules but also have no idea about the rules. I know the difference between a goal and a behind, but seriously, that's it. Still love it though.

Went last week to see my team (who won, incidentally). Hey I just clapped and cheered when everyone else who wore red and white did. Works for me!

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I went to an Aussie Rules match once. It was an oddly appealing mixture of casual violence and ill-fitting shorts, as I remember.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
It's Aussie Rules (like she would know).

Man, I love the ground they are going to (Gabba) and the atmosphere.

I'm resigned to not going and my wife knows how dissapointed I am. So, what should I ask her to bring back for me?

JJ

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I went to an Aussie Rules match once. It was an oddly appealing mixture of casual violence and ill-fitting shorts, as I remember.
Who are you, and what have you done with P.G. Wodehouse? That's pretty much spot-on!

soleary

Registered
Reaction score
Skip the footys and hold out for the handys. You can do a lot more with the handys.

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
That was near! The Tigers nearly roared. But what do you think of the St Kilda game being shown at 11.30. I'm sure the players don't want to wait up that late to play the game. No, just joking. But surely they could get rid of a lot of the earlier trash to put the Aussie Rulesw game on earlier!