PDA

View Full Version : Markets Moderator Post

TemlynWriting
04-14-2005, 01:32 AM
It seems a few of the other mods are doing it, so I thought perhaps it would be a good idea if I did, too. Not that I'd go jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge if they did, but hey -- this idea is a good idea.

I just wanted to introduce myself! I'm Julia! Jenna and the other moderators recently saw fit to bring me on as a moderator of the Writers Wanted: Paying and Non-Paying Markets.

So, if you're wondering why I'm hanging out more in these two forums, and trying to keep a close eye on the markets that get posted, well, it's because I'm just trying to do my new job. :) I'm not on-line 24 hours a day, though, so I'm sure there will be times when the forums get spammed, and another moderator comes in to take care of it before me, but for the most part, I hope to be able to keep things running smoothly here.

If you need anything, or you need to report a spam post, feel free to PM me, and I'll take care of whatever it is as soon as I can!

I've also got a few ideas for compiling reputable markets, too, so I'll post more about that when I've got a basic plan.

So, as Sara said in her forum: Let's have fun! :)

nickyswriting
04-14-2005, 02:35 AM
Hi Julia! Thanks for the intro! :hi:

awatkins
04-14-2005, 02:42 AM
Woohoo! Congrats, Julia. You're gonna do grrrrreat! :snoopy:

TemlynWriting
04-14-2005, 02:52 AM
Thanks gals! :)

Ella
04-14-2005, 03:21 AM
Woohoo! You go, girl!

TemlynWriting
04-14-2005, 03:27 AM
:) Thanks Ella!

Still Seaking
04-14-2005, 04:22 AM
Thanks Julia! You've been a big help and seem very pleasant and fair!

TemlynWriting
04-14-2005, 04:34 AM
Thanks Julia! You've been a big help and seem very pleasant and fair!

Awww, thanks Still Seaking! That means a lot to me! I try to be as pleasant and fair as possible -- the opposite isn't much fun, after all. ;) :)

Please do let me know if I can be of help anytime! :)

ShadowGuide
04-14-2005, 05:02 AM
ahhh! Now I know why you seem to be everywhere I'm looking tonight. Make sense. Thought I was stalking you without knowing it. Kinda creeped me out for a second.

You ARE kind and fair.

I, on the other hand, have an attitude problem most days. I'm trying to learn class and patience. It may be a while. (I'm on the downhill side of thirtysomething and still have issues.) If I act up, please yell at me, as needed. I really like this board and don't wanna get booted.

Thanks, and glad to have you watching us/out for us. :hi:

aka eraser
04-14-2005, 07:49 AM
I'm glad you're on the job Julia. I have no doubt you'll do a fine one. And with you and the other new mods doing their moddish things - I can go to bed earlier and rest easy. :)

BlakeOvard
04-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Congrats Julia! You'll do great! :hooray:

Kudra
04-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Way to go, Julia. You're already doing a fantastic job! :Clap:

TemlynWriting
04-14-2005, 10:57 PM
ahhh! Now I know why you seem to be everywhere I'm looking tonight. Make sense. Thought I was stalking you without knowing it. Kinda creeped me out for a second.

You ARE kind and fair.

I, on the other hand, have an attitude problem most days. I'm trying to learn class and patience. It may be a while. (I'm on the downhill side of thirtysomething and still have issues.) If I act up, please yell at me, as needed. I really like this board and don't wanna get booted.

Thanks, and glad to have you watching us/out for us. :hi:

LOL ShadowGuide! How funny! Nah, I know you're not stalking me. Ha!

Thanks so much -- I aim to be a decent person! :) Let me know if I get out of line, 'k?

Can I yell at you for fun? ;) It would take a lot to get you booted from here. :)

You seem like a lot of fun. Looking forward to stalking -- I mean, getting to know you -- on the boards! :)

TemlynWriting
04-14-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm glad you're on the job Julia. I have no doubt you'll do a fine one. And with you and the other new mods doing their moddish things - I can go to bed earlier and rest easy. :)

Awww, thanks Eraser! I'm just glad to be of assistance, although I think I get to bed earlier than some of y'all do. lol!

TemlynWriting
04-14-2005, 11:00 PM
KitKat - thanks so much, girl! :) It's fun getting to know ya!

Thanks to you, too, Blake! It's great to be here! :)

ShadowGuide
04-14-2005, 11:22 PM
LOL ShadowGuide! How funny! Nah, I know you're not stalking me. Ha!

Thanks so much -- I aim to be a decent person! :) Let me know if I get out of line, 'k?

Can I yell at you for fun? ;) It would take a lot to get you booted from here. :)

You seem like a lot of fun. Looking forward to stalking -- I mean, getting to know you -- on the boards! :)

Sure, Julia, you can yell at me all you want. Goes in one ear and out the other. I teach teenagers -- high school English, no less. I bet there is nothing you can say that I haven't been called yet.

The funniest put-down I ever saw in class, which wasn't directed at me, was when one child tried to write something nasty about someone else who shares the same desk another period in the day. The dork who wrote it couldn't spell his put-down properly. However, since he is male and the putdown had to do with a feminine cleanliness product, I guess I should give him a break. I mean, no boy I know even knows what Summer's Eve is a brand name for, let alone able to understand what it does or how to spell it! LOL! :crazy:

Celeste
04-14-2005, 11:26 PM
Congrats, Julia, on your promotion to Mod!

I'm sure you'll do a great job! :Thumbs:
celeste

Celeste
04-14-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by ShadowGuide

...The funniest put-down I ever saw in class, which wasn't directed at me, was when one child tried to write something nasty about someone else who shares the same desk another period in the day. The dork who wrote it couldn't spell his put-down properly. However, since he is male and the putdown had to do with a feminine cleanliness product, I guess I should give him a break. I mean, no boy I know even knows what Summer's Eve is a brand name for, let alone able to understand what it does or how to spell it! LOL! :crazy:

Now that is funny! Lol...:ROFL:

mudflat_marsh_hawk
04-15-2005, 03:41 AM
Congratulations Julia!

Starwryder
04-26-2005, 03:39 AM
I know that I am knew here but I just want you to know that I think you will do wonderful, congrats Julia.

TemlynWriting
04-26-2005, 05:35 AM
Thanks y'all!!! :) And welcome Starwryder!

Susie
06-06-2005, 04:59 AM
Hi, Julia,

Sorry I'm late with my congrats! but better late than never, right.:)

Here's a poem for you:

Roses R red
Violets are green.
Your always nice
And never mean!

Hugs, Susie:)

Vipersniper
11-04-2005, 06:37 AM
:) I don't think that there is a person here that could not use advice on where to go to make some money. Even if it is a small amount at first. We all like to see things in print with our name on it and do well at it. I will be looking to you for more advice.

new2freelancewriting
03-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Good luck Julia - I'm new here but I'm sure you'll do a fine job!!

authorgirl1485
02-26-2011, 03:51 AM
Good luck!!!