PDA

View Full Version : Being Interrupted

Write4U2
06-19-2008, 01:29 AM
Hmmm...maybe a title for a book...but I digress...

Does it just frost you to be interrupted? I mean, when you're talking, and the person you're talking to interrupts you to say something to somebody else.

I always think either, "I must be so frikkin' boring. Why don't I just shut up?" or "Oh, pardon me."

And I hate it when I'm interrupted while I'm writing. I get so deep into my character's head, or I'm really on a roll, I lose my momentum to be interrupted for something like, "Did you know, blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah?"

How do you feel when you're interrupted?

Kitrianna
06-19-2008, 02:06 AM
It just doesn't happen, yeah right then I woke up. It doesn't generally bother me. If I was in the middle of saying something important and I forget what it was (yes it sometimes does happen) while the other person is speaking, well then they just don't get to find out what it was. It's as simple as that. No point stressing about it, just let it be...

JimmyB27
06-19-2008, 02:10 AM
I just say "Quiet, you simpleton!" and then I cuff the offender about the head and carry on.

Kitrianna
06-19-2008, 02:12 AM
I just say "Quiet, you simpleton!" and then I cuff the offender about the head and carry on.

What if they were interrupting you to keep you from putting your foot in your mouth? Hmmm, ever think about that?

JimmyB27
06-19-2008, 02:36 AM
What if they were interrupting you to keep you from putting your foot in your mouth? Hmmm, ever think about that?

I never put my foot in my mouth. It's unsanitary.

Kitrianna
06-19-2008, 02:37 AM
LOL Jimmy. Just soak it in some Bailley's it'll be fine.

kristie911
06-19-2008, 04:02 AM
My ex-husband used to interrupt me nearly every time I spoke.

Just one more reason he's now in the ex catagory. :D

Write4U2
06-19-2008, 04:42 AM
My ex-husband used to interrupt me nearly every time I spoke.

Just one more reason he's now in the ex catagory. :D

OMG!!! I forgot about that. My EX did that too (on purpose because he knew it annoyed me).

Fraulein
06-19-2008, 05:05 AM
I hate interruptions at work. They're really irritating when they happen while I'm in the middle of counting 180 tablets from a stock bottle of 500 or 1000 tablets. Since I refuse to start over, the customer has to wait until I'm finished or at least until I get to an even number like 50 or 100 tablets.

lisake
06-19-2008, 05:18 AM
Unfortunately, I realize that I'm sometimes the one offending. I often interrupt my husband when he's telling me a long-winded story about some boring business contract, but I would listen more intently--honest I would--if I could be sure my two pre-schoolers weren't taking advantage of the opportunity to burn down the house.

Social graces are just one more adult part of me that died during childbirth. :-)

Jean Marie
06-19-2008, 05:27 AM
I get annoyed when my dreams are interrupted. Sometimes, it's by an overlapping dream, or I wake up, then I go back to sleep and try and p/u where I left off. Now and then it works. When it doesn't, they're lost forever.

Mandy-Jane
06-19-2008, 05:48 AM
I sat next to another Mum once when our kids were having tennis lessons together. She talked constantly about her kids and then asked me about mine. Every time I answered, she interrupted with some statement about her own kids. In the end she totally took over the conversation, even though she'd asked me a question.

I just gave up after that.