• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader - slipstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seif

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Prospective Beta Reader,

I have completed the first draft of my novel/romance, 'Black & White', and am currently undergoing a rewrite.

It is written in three parts: first person past/third-person neutral/first-person present.

The genre of the working title is (according to some) psychological suspense, horror AND/OR slipstream. I'll allow you to decide which is appropriate.

The subject matter relates to dreams, premonition, relationship between a friend, wife and a mother. And, for the more analytical and knowledgeable, a connection with Islamic mythology.

My previous writing experience includes writing and editing articles for university magazines on subjects such as the political implications of economic reform in China or the Middle East Peace Process compared to the culmination of the Good Friday Agreement. As you may have guessed I am interested in foreign affairs. I have a BA Hons in Politics and an MA in International Relations. Currently I am working as a freelance researcher for an internet marketing firm to finance my teacher training in September.

Required viz-a-viz Beta reader:

I desperately need an individual(s) with a very CRITICAL and PATIENT mind. This includes editing, looking at credibility of the story, critique on character development and everything and anything else you can think of. What is the pacing like? Is the writing appropriate? Is the voice in synch with the atmosphere created? And would can be improved?

Of course, the criticism needs to make sense and be fruitful therefore I would appreciate someone with:

1) Previous writing experience/published work
2) Interest in or knowledge of the genre as previously outlined
3) Interest in or knowledge of Islamic mythology

Further notes:

I have posted this early so as to generate interest and comments from potential readers. The re-write edit as complete may not be available until mid-July.

However, I will be taking time to look specifically at certain weak areas I have identified, which I shall submit at the beta reader(s) convenience. This may consist of a prologue or starting chapters.

I consider this method best so as to go through the process one chapter/section at a time without overwhelming oneself.

Thank you for taking the opportunity to read this and I anxiously await your replies. If there is anything in this post that requires clarification then please ask away.

Take care friend,

Seif....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.