So I bought...

Gynn

Wandering worlds
Registered
Reaction score
So I bought the complete collection of "The Twilight Zone" on DVD. I can't wait for it to come in the mail!

Did anyone else like that show? I love how many of the stories had lessons to them. It blows the you-know-what that we see on TV these days out of the water. :D

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
"All the Time In the World" -- :: shudder ::

For an avid reader, that was one of the saddest stories I'd ever seen. Made me very glad I didn't need reading glasses. ;)

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
*dies in fit of jealous rage*

Oh, wait, I can has it too?

(You know what's really sad? I have the first season of The Muppet Show on DVD, and no Twilight Zone. Must. Fix. Now.)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you bought the DVD collection I'm thinking of, there's also a nice PBS American Masters bio of Rod Serling on the last DVD. It has one of the best openings I've ever seen.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
"In Praise of Pip." Makes me blubber like an idiot every time.

Fever (something) or (something Fever): Guy and wife go to Vegas and he gets obsessed with a slot machine that haunts him till he leaps out of window. Not particularly scary--but my folks had a portable TV on a rolling cart that looked EXACTLY like that machine to my 10YO mind. For months I unplugged it at night because I had nightmares of it coming after me like in the show.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
The Twilight Zone is why I love Sci-Fi.

Pure magic. Great writing. Even now, the storylines stand the test of time which is a testiment to the genuis of the work

Mel...

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Great show.

If you love it, your next purchase should be the X-Files dvd set (if you don't have it already).

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't the Twilight Zone the show that has the episode called Living Doll about the talking doll that terrorizes Telly Savalas? That was one creepy unforgettable episode and my favourite from the show!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
So I bought the complete collection of "The Twilight Zone" on DVD. I can't wait for it to come in the mail!

Did anyone else like that show? I love how many of the stories had lessons to them. It blows the you-know-what that we see on TV these days out of the water. :D

I was soooooo ready to marry you until I found out you were a guy.

Can I be an uncle to your DVD? :D

Rod Serling was a huge influence on me, and probably the main reason I'm into spec fic now. I have DVDs of some of the shows, but it's not enough. Enjoy.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I adore The Twilight Zone - everyone in my house knows that on New Year's Day and Fourth of July (roughly) the TV is MINE. I watch the marathons until I can't see straight. I've been dropping hints to Jersey Guy about the box set, but he isn't biting just yet... grr...

My favorite episodes are:
Midnight Sun - two women trying to stay alive as the earth breaks free from its orbit and is moving closer to the sun.

Time Enough at Last - heartbreaking.

Masks - a dying millionaire gathers his family at Mardi Gras, and makes them wear masks that reveal their true selves - otherwise they won't inherit his $$

Terror at 20,000 Feet - William Shatner and the gremlin only he can see. The gremlin's trying to pull the wires out of an airplane wing in mid-flight, and no one believes Shatner (who's just gotten out of an institution after having a nervous breakdown.)

There are others, but I can't remember the exact titles. :D