Firefox 3! Get it while it's hot! Avoid the crowds!

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
Here ya go, Windows, Mac OS X and Linux in U. S. of A. English! Hover over 'em and see that they're the real thing!

If you need a different language, you'll have to wait for the web page servers at Mozilla.com to recover from Mozilla's "Let's Set a World's Record!" event. Great idea, too much promotion, not enough bandwidth.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Firefox sucks angry goat's ass.

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
IE sucks anything too gross for Firefox or any other browser, so what's to complain about. I use K-Meleon most of the time, Opera when I have a problem with assininic site design and need a quick fix so I can read the content, and I try to make other people use Firefox because it's the next best. LOL

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Here ya go, Windows, Mac OS X and Linux in U. S. of A. English! Hover over 'em and see that they're the real thing!

If you need a different language, you'll have to wait for the web page servers at Mozilla.com to recover from Mozilla's "Let's Set a World's Record!" event. Great idea, too much promotion, not enough bandwidth.
Hey, you linked directly to the .exe file! That's Ba-a-a-ad! Where's Fahim, I'm sure he would have already said something... I'd never DL or run an exe from a direct link, even if I knew you. There's lots of good reasons not to do that. Even presuming it's the Real Thing, the Official, Real, Non-Beta Release of FF 3, which I have no (okay, very little) doubt it is, it's not appropriate for everyone's computer. For example, my other computer still runs Windows 98 which won't run it. With that in mind, I unlinked the links in the text in my quote of your post.
Here's a short release announcement with some notes on what FF 3 will NOT run on (older Mac OS versions as well as Windows 95, 98, ME and NT4, though it didn't list Win 3.1 ... ahem):
http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=23974
And here's the blurb and the big download button:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

"...more than 15,000 improvements..." not sure I believe that. I have no doubt there were more than 15,000 code changes, but it remains to be seen whether they are all improvements.

Ben
</cynic mode>

I guess I'll DL it in a few weeks, presuming I don't see too many "Firefox 3 Ate My Manuscript!" posts...