Working Parents...

cookiehead

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rachelcericola.com
What are some tech items that help get you through the workday? I am looking for items that make you more productive, help you stay in touch with the kids -- or both.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
For me, it's honestly the boring old cell phone. That's how I stay in touch with my kids, the baby sitter, and many of my clients at work. It's where I store/schedule appointment (work and personal) reminders, soccer practices, sleepovers, executive lunches, it just holds most my info in one convenient place.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Cell phone, although she doesn't listen to messages, and doesn't usually answer the phone. It's all about the text messaging.

Then there is Facebook and Twitter.

Several of my schools have in class web cameras, and the teachers, for the most part, HATE them.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
As far as planning, I use my Outlook calendar. Of all the gadgets out there, cell phones, black berry's, day planners, I use my outlook calendar. I'm at work, in front of my computer all day - it's the thing that is always open. It's right there, in my face. The problem is that EVERYTHING is in outlook - totally unavailable when I'm at home. I'm trying to fix that by familiarizing myself more and more with google calendar, but darn it, Outlook is just so much more convenient and user friendly. I use outlook notes to log my monthly payments, and my calendar to schedule my personal life.

As far as keeping in touch with my family - it's the cell phone. It's where I am, at all times. My son is only 6, so it's not like we talk often on the phone, but it sure is a life saver having it.

cookiehead

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rachelcericola.com
That is a really cute idea, Mark! Thanks... and thanks to everyone for their input. I am still looking for suggestions... until the end of this week.