PDA

View Full Version : I'm sitting here waiting for my unusual thoughts

Perks
06-17-2008, 06:47 AM
I took a pill. It was so tiny, I can't imagine that it can do all the horrible things the label claimed.

Although, I do quite like to imagine me once the label warnings kick in. They say I might have 'unusual thoughts'. People who know me are, as we speak, stocking up on wooden stakes and silver bullets.

It's not serious. It was just an antihistamine grenade designed to counter hives. Funny thing is, I don't have hives. The doctor said it was the closest thing he could think of. It's not surprising that I've resisted. But I have to give it a try. The not-hives are quite unpleasant.

Stand by for more unusual thoughts...

Feel free to add your own.

NeuroFizz
06-17-2008, 06:54 AM
Take the first two paragraphs of your post and use them to start a story. Quite a hook, Perks. I'd want to read more.

cray
06-17-2008, 06:55 AM
what's wrong with david caruso?
how come he's not looking at the person he's talking to?
and why is he standing sideways?
why is he talking so slow?
are the other actors thinking the same thing i'm thinking?

oh wait, you said 'unusual' thoughts,....my bad.

poetinahat
06-17-2008, 06:58 AM
what's wrong with david caruso?
how come he's not looking at the person he's talking to?
and why is he standing sideways?
why is he talking so slow?
are the other actors thinking the same thing i'm thinking?

oh wait, you said 'unusual' thoughts,....my bad.
I wonder the same thing about Stephen Colbert, and I suspect asymmetrical ears.

jannawrites
06-17-2008, 06:59 AM
Oh, you poor dear. The Not-Hives suck.

Williebee
06-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Oh look, raspberries!

Fizz had it right in one. Take the title and the first couple of lines and go for it.

And if you aren't? May I? It just looks like fun.

StoryG27
06-17-2008, 07:01 AM
I don't have hives either.

I wonder why the doctor hasn't given me a pill?

Perks
06-17-2008, 07:12 AM
And then there was that gold mosquito I was telling you about...

Joycecwilliams
06-17-2008, 07:18 AM
I took a pill. It was so tiny, I can't imagine that it can do all the horrible things the label claimed.

Although, I do quite like to imagine me once the label warnings kick in. They say I might have 'unusual thoughts'. People who know me are, as we speak, stocking up on wooden stakes and silver bullets.

It's not serious. It was just an antihistamine grenade designed to counter hives. Funny thing is, I don't have hives. The doctor said it was the closest thing he could think of. It's not surprising that I've resisted. But I have to give it a try. The not-hives are quite unpleasant.

Be glad that it doesn't make you into a compulsive gambler.. :)

Appalachian Writer
06-17-2008, 07:57 AM
Now and again, I take not-hives pills. I like them. They make me sleep...ah, sleep, perchance to dream...They don't make me have unusual thoughts...the cat...she's looking a me funny...is she an alien sent to observe?...In fact, I don't think they make me think at all.

NeuroFizz
06-17-2008, 08:01 AM
I just took a non-pill, in case I get the non-hives. Of course, the main side-effect is the possibility of non-thoughts. Excuse me, I have to take a non-piss, but not now.

Alan Yee
06-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Although I used to take more pills than I do now, I still take enough of them that I wouldn't care to have any others (unless they would definitely help and not have any of those pesky, unpleasant side-effects). If this weren't the case, I would want some non-dream pills to stop having all these truly bizarre dreams I almost never remember very well, except for the "that was bizarre" part. At some point in most of these dreams, I suddenly become aware of or at least suspect that I'm dreaming, then keep trying to find a way to wake up. Only problem is, once I-in-dream manage to wake up, I'm either some place I logically shouldn't be or something equally as bizarre happens once I "wake up" and go see if my house is the way it should be. Then I make another unsuccessful attempt to wake up for realz, only to end up in another obviously-dream situation...

Lather, rinse, repeat. Neverending dream-onion layers are no fun, especially when you can't even remember the good parts after you wake up.

Matera the Mad
06-17-2008, 08:59 AM
I used to take pills that . . . erm, never mind. My thoughts come in more flavors than Bertie Bott's Beans anyway.

P.H.Delarran
06-17-2008, 10:06 AM
my kids are pills. they cause unusual thoughts. I can't take them anymore.
I'm kidding.
well, sorta.
good luck with your non-hives.

Fraulein
06-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Wow. I get disappointed when doctors start talking about drugs like know-it-alls. One semester of pharmacology isn't enough, but that's all they have to take.

Antihistamines can be used for several things, and it just so happens that you can use them for hives. I hate to be a bummer, but the same histamines that make you have hives also make you itch, sneeze, have watery eyes, etc. The way histamines work is by binding to the H1 receptor, and the kind of antihistamine that you're taking will inhibit the histamines from binding to the H1 receptor (until you're body deactivates the antihistamine during metabolism).

Cromolyn Sodium is a neat drug that works by preventing histamines from being formed (released).

:sleepy:

Bravo
06-17-2008, 10:56 AM
i took this blue pill and now when i pee it sprays all over.

HeronW
06-17-2008, 11:55 AM
The pills are screaming to get out...that's what happens when I eat them and they're still alive and twtiching...

Unique
06-17-2008, 04:01 PM

microdots aren't large either - but they work.
it's not the size of the wand but the majic in it.

Jeez, perks. Don't ya remember nothin'?
You're gonna get recycled then you won't have access
to any not hives medicine.

paleface.