• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader needed for "Chasing Lord Hare"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi
Hi folks,
I'm looking for an honest reader who will pat me on the back when necessary but, more importantly, give constructive, objective, and if necessary tough criticism.
I posted my proposed query at SYW, here is the "blurb" part to give you a flavor of the book:

When Hartley Hare shoots an employee in a hunting accident (again), his father banishes his “idiot son” to America with a contrived mission: locate the perfect pheasant-shooting ranch. But Hartley’s knack for disaster puts his manservant Miles in the hospital just minutes after they arrive in Texas. Alone, and with his odd mix of exceptional intelligence and a complete inability to read people, Hartley is soon tricked by two Mexican gangsters into hotwiring a car and driving them to Austin.
All three wind up in jail, but an Anglophile judge releases Hartley and takes him to a strip club. There he falls for Jessie, an exotic dancer who feels an intuitive bond with this strange Englishman. He is forced to abandon her, and his father’s mission, when the judge keels over in a back room, leaving Hartley with a bill he can’t pay and a psychotic brothel owner determined to get his pound of flesh. Literally.
With both Miles and the police on his trail, Hartley escapes with a bomb-happy hermit to the man’s west Texas ranch. The rancher learns of Hartley’s talent for things scientific and recruits him for his all-out, ready-to-go-nuclear war against the gophers infesting his property. The resulting explosions lead to an FBI raid, a near-death desert encounter with border-smugglers, and an eventual reunion at the Alamo with Miles and Jessie. There, they agree to forgo the old mission and embark on a new one of their own.

Let me know if you have the time and interest, I'd be most grateful!
Mark

HeidiHole

Tom Sanders
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Chasing Lord Hare

What's the ms word count?

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: (I.e. I will read your manuscript.)

Last edited:

Sunshine13

Mom by day, writer by night!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
christacarol.com
MarkEsq, if you're still looking for a Beta reader, PM me. This sounds like a great story!

Status
Not open for further replies.