Hindu-friendly poetry market?

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
So this is a total off-chance, specially since nobody seems to post in here, but... uh.

I have a poem that isn't exactly speculative; it's a Raadha/Krishna poem. I tried Desi Lit with it but they never replied. It's not really sitting well with speculative markets, including ones open to mythic fiction, because the background story's not familiar to readers.

Any suggestions from anyone? I've searched but I haven't found places I can tell are good.

Keyan

ubiquitous
Registered
Reaction score
Is the poem amenable to some kind of cluing in?

With Google capability, I think that might open more markets. (Like SH.)
All an enlightened reader needs is a search term.

I presume you tried Goblin Fruit and all the usual places?

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
I've tried SH, Goblin Fruit, and Lone Star Stories. Getting the distinct sense (from comments) that it relies on subtext that isn't real clear. I think one needs to grow up with Raadha/Krishna for it to be... meaningful?

I've inclued as best I can, but... no. I can't do more without killing it; I tried and had to delete.

Deleted member 42

I've tried SH, Goblin Fruit, and Lone Star Stories. Getting the distinct sense (from comments) that it relies on subtext that isn't real clear. I think one needs to grow up with Raadha/Krishna for it to be... meaningful?

I've inclued as best I can, but... no. I can't do more without killing it; I tried and had to delete.

Submit it with a short prose myth as a prologue? A retelling?

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
Hinduism Today, maybe??? I don't know if they have poetry, but they are a fine magazine.