FRAK!!! (And other missed episodes)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Came home tonight from a weekend away. Turned on the VCR (yup, don't have Tivo) and...nada. Nothing. Weird humming noises but no acknowledgement of tape. Best as I can tell, the tape snapped or something else similar went wrong.

However, while I'm miffed bcs it also means I'm missing part 2 of the Discovery Channel's "When we left earth" I'm MOST put out about what was *on* the tape... the mid-season finale of BSG. :(

Which got me thinking... what other "must see" events did you, for whatever reason, *not* get to see?

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
Well,I just got a phone call from my sister wanting to know what i thought of the first episode of the canadian version of "how do you solve a problem like maria" which is a talent show of sorts where the winner will star as maria in The Sound Of Music produced by Andrew Lloyd Webber. The reason we were so excited and squeeling about it for weeks is that John Barrowman is a judge.

I totally forgot. I worked today and didn't realize it was a sunday. Duh me.

Also, BSG. I missed half the episodes of season three for this very stupid reason. Space, the Canadian sci fi channel ran all the episodes of BSG from the beginning, while waiting for season 4 to start. I had never seen it so i watched it faithfully every sunday. At some point they started running two episodes back to back. I did not know this. Episode one ended at 9 pm. I turn off the tv promptly. As a result, I'm watching season 3 thinking "I don't remember this. When the hell did that happen?" Yeah. Exactly.

Bittorrent is my friend.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I love TIVO for this very reason. For the last two years, I've missed the season finales of LOST. Last year I was in Paris, and this past month I got caught up at dinner. I didn't get to see any of season 4 of LOST air in regular time because I had a class. I relied on downloads or next-day online streamings in those cases. I also had to catch up on The Office this way.

I can't remember the specific show, but I once missed a series for two or three weeks because I didn't realize the network changed the time slot. Occasionally I just plain forget what day it is, although that's more likely if it's not one of my must-see shows.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I missed the series finale of "The X-Files" because the settings were wrong on my VCR. It didn't seem to matter much, though, because I saw the feature film without any real confusion.

Most other "can't miss" episodes I've managed to not miss. Phew. *knocks on wood*

gabbleandhiss

1% Irish, 99% blarney
Registered
Reaction score
Well, you should've been confused seeing as how the movie happened in between seasons 5 and 6 whereas the series finale was a few years later during season 9. And season 9 had a completely different cast. :poke: