PDA

View Full Version : The party's over and now I'm pooped

rhymegirl
06-16-2008, 04:53 AM
So today we had a big party at my house to celebrate my son's graduation.

My house is cleaner than it has been in a very, very long time. It looks wonderful. If only it would stay this way!

The guests have all gone home. They all talked and laughed and ate food and seemed to have a great time. That makes me very happy. I like it when my guests have a good time.

But now I am exhausted.

Anybody else have a party today for Father's Day or anything else?

Mandy-Jane
06-16-2008, 05:41 AM
How can your house be clean after all the guests have gone?

CACTUSWENDY
06-16-2008, 05:45 AM
She gives them a mop and trash bags when they first get there. Is part of the payment for the food and fun......right?

;)

Am glad you had success.

Siddow
06-16-2008, 05:45 AM
Yeah, I was thinking, your parties are totally backwards from mine.

But we had a showing today (trying to sell the current house), so ours got all spiffed up and we spent the afternoon at O'Charley's. It's still clean, cause we were too stuffed to move much.

rhymegirl
06-16-2008, 05:50 AM
How can your house be clean after all the guests have gone?

Well, I guess the guests did not make a mess. They were neat guests.

Soccer Mom
06-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Congrats on the graduation! :hooray:

Yeah, we celebrated my sister's birthday, my mother's birthday, and father's day (X4 dads present). I'm all sunned and funned out. :D But the party's weren't at my house so I didn't have to prepare.

My house is still trashed. Wonder how that happened.

SPMiller
06-16-2008, 07:52 AM
I'm probably young enough to be your son. That's weird. Is that weird to you too? But I'm somewhat drunk. Fortunately I still have the presence of mind to go over what I've typed and correct all my typos. It makes me seem civilized. And sober. Even when it isn't remotely true.

rhymegirl
06-16-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm probably young enough to be your son.

Sigh.

Thanks so much. Excuse me, I have to go find my walker.

writin52
06-16-2008, 03:32 PM
No party at my place except for a solo Snoopy happy dance that I finally finished dress and jacket I set out to make for last week. :snoopy: Actually some of my best non-writing work. I took the time to go at a steady pace(no racing my sewing machine, besides it never wins) and to do finishing as I went along. Tore out what little hair I have over the armhole facings, but I fixed that by leaving them off and using bias binding instead. Anyway, enough of the seamstress in me. The sibs are gathering this weekend to clean out my mom's condo and do some estate business, not too happy a party but we'll be together.

alleycat
06-16-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm probably young enough to be your son.
Now rhymegirl is depressed as well as exhausted.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
06-16-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm probably young enough to be your son. That's weird. Is that weird to you too? But I'm somewhat drunk. Fortunately I still have the presence of mind to go over what I've typed and correct all my typos. It makes me seem civilized. And sober. Even when it isn't remotely true.

And I'm old enough to be your granny, sonny.

SPMiller
06-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Whoops. Sorry. Way too late to delete that one. Don't have a good defense for it, save that I didn't mean to insult. I'm consistently surprised by the wide representation of demographics on AW relative to many online communities, and I don't mean that pejoratively. I usually appreciate exposure to these differing perspectives, and it's invaluable for my writing. However, I chose a poor and seemingly insensitive way to express my excitement.