I got a job!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:e2woo:

I have a part time job with a great boss renting bikes to people. It's near the boardwalk but he gets a lot of regular folks in. Everyone was really nice, and I'll be working mornings so I have all afternoon and evening to work on my novel.
:e2writer:

Pay's good too :)

Cheers,
Christina

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Anis!

I'm hoping enough wacky tourists stop by to give me some material for a short. :)

Cheers,
Christina

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
That's great! A good boss makes a job much more enjoyable.

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you! Make mental notes of the 'interesting' characters who come by--fodder for those works!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone :)

My health has improved so this should be the exact amount of activity and stress I can manage... but I do have to get up early, urgh.

Speaking of stress, my MC is not helping me set up this next scene. Can someone please have a talk with her? She's cooperating once the action starts, but it's do or die at that point, hehe :e2teeth:

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Christina! Bet you will get lots of fodder for characters. :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm gonna slide a mini-notebook in my pocket so I can take notes :)

Beyondian

musker vyusher
Registered
Reaction score
I used to scribble notes on the pads we were given for noting PLU changes/requests for dismissal/complaints/ and/or bomb threats.
Since the last three never actually happen in a tiny island supermarket, I had plenty of spare paper to note weird customers down on.

On an off-topic note - have you ever been caught out without your notebook? I usually carry one everywhere now, and I am teased frequently about my huge collection.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations.

Sounds like that could be a fun job, at least for the short-term.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I used to scribble notes on the pads we were given for noting PLU changes/requests for dismissal/complaints/ and/or bomb threats.
Since the last three never actually happen in a tiny island supermarket, I had plenty of spare paper to note weird customers down on.
Just for the fun of it, you should have turned one in.

11:36 p.m. Bomb threat received. Caller said bomb was hidden in produce aisle. I had Stupid Bob, the stock boy look for it. He found nothing. Caller said bomb was set to go off at 6:10.

Then left it for your boss, who just happens to come in at, oh, 6:00 o'clock.

I'm evil, ain't I?

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
Congratulations on the new job!

Just for the fun of it, you should have turned one in.

11:36 p.m. Bomb threat received. Caller said bomb was hidden in produce aisle. I had Stupid Bob, the stock boy look for it. He found nothing. Caller said bomb was set to go off at 6:10.

Then left it for your boss, who just happens to come in at, oh, 6:00 o'clock.

I'm evil, ain't I?

Evil until someone takes it seriously. Ask my ex-boyfriend about the fun time he and one of his coworkers had talking to the cops and the FBI after they tried a practical joke on the other store managers one morning (after they worked the nightshift) and put a small travel alarm clock in the office safe... AND TOLD NO ONE THEY DID IT AS A PRACTICAL JOKE.

He got fired and had to do community service.

Just sayin'... (yeah, I know some of y'all hate that phrase :D) if you're gonna do it, make sure SOMEBODY knows its a joke so it can actually be funny.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
On an off-topic note - have you ever been caught out without your notebook?

I'm pretty good about taking notes in my head, although sometimes I get something that I just have to write down, stat.

pssst....Do they need anybody else? :D

Hehe, maybe in the afternoons. You can't have my morning shift- I got a bonus today for it being so hectic :)

Thanks again everyone

Cheers,
Christina

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1722.jpg

By the way- did anyone hear about the wild fires in north carolina? The smoke went right up the coast and swept into Rehoboth. We thought the town was on fire!

Cheers,
Christina

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: Hooray for the part-time job! Sounds just about right.

And send your MC my way. I'll knock some sense into her! She did manage to get herself separated from the group and kidnapped didn't she?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My MC and I are doing pretty well, so you can't have her now :tongue: She showed me what she was made of (again) as I put her against 3 nasty badies.
But yeah, she got separated thanks to some rain, at night, and a chaotic attack by monsters that sent her mare bolting through the woods. Lucky for me, my MC hasn't earned her forest trails badge and she was lost for the whole night :)

Cheers!
Christina