My theory on Tequila - Add your story.

orderandlaw

Registered
Reaction score
I have a theory that everyone either HAS or knows of a "tequila story".

Here's my contribution:

College - doing the tequila shot ritual with a few friends. We're licking the salt, taking the shot and biting the lime as usual, when two of the guys start trying to out-clown each other, licking the lime, snorting the tequila, etc.

*not long after*

One of these young geniuses retires to the bathroom for the remainder of the evening. Not long after, Chris, the other one, leaves, setting out on foot, tacking in broad zigzags up the hill towards our dorm.

Fifteen minutes later, I'm driving up the hill, and few blocks along I find him standing in the middle of the street, swaying.
"Dude, get in the car" I say. He gets in, and instantly vomits all over my back seat.

We go upstairs to the hall we both live on. He is showing signs of vomiting again, so I walk him to the big, communal bathroom. He's got vomit on his shirt, so he strips it off. He reels right, then left and starts to take his shoes and pants off. He takes his underwear off, and on top of the little pile of clothes, he sets his glasses. He staggers a couple of steps and dives for the toilet, roaring vomit, skinny with ribs heaving; ass and junk all out.

I pick up his things and steer him towards his room, once he's done, put him on his bed and toss a couple of towels at him.

He doesn't recall these events...

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Tequila is how I met my bf. On and off, and on and off again, but together again, we met at the bar while I was claiming my free shot of tequila that I earned from showing the DJ at the nightclub we were both at, MY THONG! That's right. I did. Hey, I'd already had a couple in me, otherwise who knows where'd I be today.

I snagged him with "did you show your thong, too?" :p

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
My tequila story is that I love tequila, it tastes great, and I've never had a bad experience with it yet.

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
When I was in college, my sister gave me a bottle of Cuervo Gold for Christmas.

During a post-Christmas party at a friend's house (could have been New Years Eve), I drank at least half the bottle, most of it by myself, but sharing with anyone who walked by.

I had to be taken outside at least three times to puke my brains out.

Most of us knew each other from McDonalds. If I have the date right, that it was New Years Eve, almost all of us had to go into work the next day around 11.

So, yeah, we all worked that day, on the grill, with major hangovers.

I don't think I was 21 yet, now that I recall.

Ever since then, it's been very difficult to drink Tequila shots. Although I can do it with better tequila than Cuervo (which is nasty and turns my stomach) it still makes me gag. And I can't drink Cuervo at all.

Pardon me while I get sick again.

allen

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My tequila story is that tequila does horrible, horrible things to me physically. It's the only drink that I've come across that I will turn down even if offered free. I just can't do it. It gives me a bad buzz and a worse hangover and makes the inside of my eyes itchy...

... but it did lead to me kissing a pretty woman I had no business kissing one night. So it's not ALL bad...

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
tequila is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad news.

pconsidine

Too Adorkable for Words
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pjcopy.com
I have no bad tequila stories of my own, but I'm the source of more than few other people's bad tequila stories. For example...

I used to work at an art store in Harvard Square and one night, one of my coworkers threw a standard-issue raging artists' party and invited us all to come by. Someone had brought the makings for tequila sunrises, but no one knew how to make them, so I volunteered. Now one of our other coworkers was this older, street-savvy ex-New Yorker who had never had tequila before, so I made her up a drink, taking special care not to put too much alcohol in it.

A little while later, she comes back and says, "That was really good. Make me another one, but make it a little stronger this time. I can't taste the tequila."

So I did. (Can you see where this is going?)

Three or four more times, she comes back for another, always telling me to "make it a little stronger this time." By the time I left, I didn't even realize that I hadn't seen her in hours.

When she finally staggered into work the next morning, she was such a special brand of hungover that she couldn't even see straight enough to stare daggers at me.

This is over ten years ago now and she hasn't touched tequila since.

Yeah, I'm a little bit proud of myself. ;)

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
The moral of all of these stories is: don't drink so much goddamn tequila all at one time you dummies! :D

I wasn't kidding. The reason I still like tequila is because I'm not stupid. I don't get puking drunk on it.

That's what beer is for.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I love me some tequila, in a margarita. Anyday. Bring'em. I'll drink'em. On the rocks. Salt. And I'll keep drinking them till I'm silly.

But for some unknown reason, straight shots of tequila are much worse for me than a shot mixed with some margie mix.

Different results completely.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
back when I was a teen there was a story about how a guy in the nabe had eaten the worm in the bottle and gotten stewed. I think I shared a bottle, myself, with some friends once. Our usual beverage of choice was Barcadi 151 or Tango. Now there was a tasty drink :)

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my God, Jose Cuervo, my best friend's sweet sixteen...

I actually fell over trying to get my pants off. I had girls offering to take me to the bathroom and hold my hand so I wouldn't run into anything.

Aaaaaand that's why I no longer drink.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I blacked out and fell face first into a bathtub. Tell me how I could put a lump on my forehead, a knot on my chin, and a little purple hole in my lip where my left lower canine went clear through and still not break my nose?

Don't drink tequila after not eating for two days. Just sayin'.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, the tequila stories I could tell...but I'll keep it brief and just give you the end of all of them:

"And then I was NAKED and dancing."

:D