Writer, or Thinker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicoleMD

Onomatopotamus
Registered
Reaction score
I try to be a writer who writes, but am often a writer who absolute writes more than she should.

Nicole

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I'm a writer who thinks. And a thinker who often gets confused by her own thoughts, so I try not to think too much.

catethegreat

Lurker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm definitely a thinker who writes. I write when my head gets too full--it's kind of like popping a zit that is large, red, and inflamed. Wait, that was gross. Ewww. It's more like a pitcher of water that is too full and overflows onto the page. That's better.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Absolutely a thinker who writes. Writing fiction just happens to be the best way I've found to express my thoughts.

I think about EVERYTHING. Let's just say that as a kid, I put myself to sleep at night with dialectics.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Thinker who writes. If I'd started playing violin a few years earlier, maybe when I was eight or nine instead of eleven, I probably would have channeled my creative energies more towards music than towards writing, but around age twelve, when I started writing "seriously", I was more literate in English than in music, since I had eleven years more experience with it.

I think and think til it makes me sick. Luckily, I can let some of it out in writing.

TPCSWR

Unashamed Play School Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Thinker who writes.

The Scip

...walks this way.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thescip.blogspot.com
Thinker who writes, when I sit down to write I know pretty much exactly what I'm going to write because I've been thinking about it for a few hours.

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely a thinker who writes. Writing fiction just happens to be the best way I've found to express my thoughts.

I think about EVERYTHING. Let's just say that as a kid, I put myself to sleep at night with dialectics.

Me too! Definately a thinker who writes. And I developed a bit of a sleep disorder because when I'd go to bed I'd make up stories to entertain myself. Later, that translated into rehashing my day; only "rewriting" it so that I was so much smarter and wittier that in real time.

EM,
who DEFINATELY thinks too much!

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
a thinker who thinks, and then thinks some more, before finally putting down a few words, which need editing.

writin52

Registered
Reaction score
I am so much a Writer Who Thinks, that I almost always have to write my thoughts down to organize them, even if I am just trying to make a decision about something.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, I thought about this question for a long time before answering it- so I guess that makes me a thinker who writes- and one who should be editing right now instead of being here (Gad! I hate editing!)

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a writer who free-writes when thinking is necessary. My mystical Parker Jotter pen (burgundy shaft, black ink) then does the cogitating for me.

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
a thinker who thinks, and then thinks some more, before finally putting down a few words, which need editing.

Ditto.
I think so much that I forget what the thoughts I was supposed to be writing about were by the time I sit down to write them out.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
definitely a thinker who writes. It's going to sound really nerdy but sometimes I actually keep myself at night thinking to myself...
"If the big bang theory (and the universe was once the size of a tennis ball) is true and the universe really is constantly expanding, then how can it be infinite? After all, infinity cannot expand. Infinity by definition goes on forever. Therefore, an actual, real, finite number can never become infinite. The tennis ball can swell to twice, a hundred, a thousand, a million times its original size. But it will always have something outside of it. So then, if the universe has an end, what is outside of it..."

Status
Not open for further replies.