PDA

View Full Version : Need some betas

Mr. Anonymous
06-11-2008, 03:59 AM
Ok. Here are the specs.

Genre: YA alternate reality with some light fantasy elements (think low fantasy) in a medieval setting.

Length: 67,000 words

Now, I'll take whatever input I can get, but the faster you guys could get it to me the better. I'm in the middle of querying, and two of my fulls have been rejected. The first said "well done but not quite right for me," while the second said "promising but needs some work." Another agent seems interested though, having requested a full synopsis after a 60 page partial....

So anyway, I'm basically looking for some honest, down to earth opinions from readers. If you feel it is horrible, then tell me, but most importantly, tell me why.

If you're willing to do it, I'd be incredibly grateful. I'd be willing to do my best to respond in kind.

catethegreat
06-11-2008, 04:10 AM
I'd love to have a go at it. I'm not reading anything else at the moment and I read fast. :) Just PM or email me.

Mr. Anonymous
06-11-2008, 04:49 AM
Thanks very much. PM sent.

HeidiHole
06-11-2008, 06:24 AM
Why didn't you look for beta readers BEFORE you sent out the queries, and partials?

Mr. Anonymous
06-12-2008, 01:15 AM
To be perfectly honest, I didn't think I needed them. However, two full MS rejections have convinced me to get another objective opinion. One that will speak not in circles, and tell me everything there is to say, good and bad, from the perspective of a reader.

CandlestickJay
06-23-2008, 11:07 PM
PM me and I'll take a look at it if you are still interested. :-)

lakotagirl
06-24-2008, 12:23 AM
PM me if you are still looking.

I should have time to finish it this week.

Boy_Wonder
06-24-2008, 03:02 AM
What they said ^

Shoot me a PM if you want :)