PDA

View Full Version : I declare the second draft FINISHED! Drinks are on me.

underthecity
06-11-2008, 03:30 AM
I've been revising The Ghost Machine for a year and a half, and today I declared the second draft to be complete. Finished. NO MORE WORK!

Except for the Prologue. I was having trouble with it, but have decided to just let it go. (Posted in SYW (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105324) if you want to see it.) If I decide to use the first version later, fine. If not, I'll either rewrite it THEN, or just delete it. I tired of fussing with it.

520 pages TNR.

132,000 words.

As of right now, it's in the hands of one beta reader, awaiting okay from the second. Anyone else want to read it? It's lots of fun, I'll tell ya.

I've worked on this thing almost every day, during all my breaks at work, right after work, during the evenings, as much on the weekends as I could. I'm practically a part of the story myself.

But, flipping through it, it reads well! I just hope the readers think so.

AND THAT'S IT! No more freakin' revising. God, I'm tired of it.

Unfortunately . . .

I'm about to print out all 520 pages. My wife and I are going out of town to Portland Oregon and Washington State for a week. I'm reading my book when I can--as a reader. Not as the author.

But I guess I'll be marking corrections along the way anyway.

And guess what: I've proven that with electricity, ghosts really do exist. They can be captured. . . . Well, in fiction, anything's possible.

allen

TheIT
06-11-2008, 03:33 AM
Congratulations!!!!

:partyguy:

I'd suggest taking a break before diving into the next read. Enjoy your current achievement!

astonwest
06-11-2008, 05:03 AM
Congratulations!

(I think I'm on about the tenth draft of my next novel...only took me nearly four years. Hee hee.)

Perks
06-11-2008, 05:06 AM
Weehoo! Congratulations!

Williebee
06-11-2008, 05:23 AM
Congrats! Here's mud in your eye!

oh, sorry about that.

C.bronco
06-11-2008, 05:32 AM
Way to go Mr. Not-a-sewing-machine!

MumblingSage
06-11-2008, 06:03 AM
Yay! Drinks! :e2drunk:

Good luck with your 3rd draft! And your rereading. I find I often read a lot better on dead trees than onscreen, even if it does kill my printer...not to mention the trees...

Susie
06-16-2008, 02:08 AM
Way2go & congrats, Allen. May I have a chocolate milk drink? :)