Your new moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ella

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sumptuosity.blogspot.com
Hello! Just wanted to introduce myself as the new moderator to the three people using this topic. :)

I'm very surprised at the lack of traffic here, as marketing and promotion is a huge hurdle for a lot of writers. It can be very essential to not only the success of your publication, but for the relationship between a writer and a publisher. A publisher likes to see some effort on the author's part with the promo end.

I'll do my best to plug this end of the Cooler and get some ideas bouncing around.

Ella.

(WHUPS. As you can see by the avatar, fairly lax on the discipline here. May have to change that. :eek:

Last edited:

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Glad to have you here, Ella!

I've always been surprised that this hasn't become a hotter topic, too. Maybe that'll change now. :)

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Ella,

I've never written a book...but I am interested in promoting my writing services, so I'll be hanging around here some.

And, no offense to book_maven, I love your avatar! Anyone willing to post that image is either a total loser or a writer with a a whacky sense of humor. Hmmm, which one will you turn out to be....

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats, Ella, on your advancement to moderator!

(I like your avatar! ;) )

celeste

Ella

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sumptuosity.blogspot.com
Wow. Raised a kerfuffle by sticking my head in the door. ;)

A loser... oh my. I was taking a stab at myself, cuz I've been trying to quit smoking. I made the avatar for my blog - those knowing me found it funny, but I guess it's not suitable for here. Will go cold-turkey-avatar!

Btw, I made it at http://abi-station.com. It takes a while, but you get a nice finished product.

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
Ella said:
I made the avatar for my blog - those knowing me found it funny, but I guess it's not suitable for here.
Not suitable? It's a great avatar, imho!

It'd be fun if we all had to use an avatar depicting our vices. Mine would show a woman with Flashdance hair sucking down a giant latte and a microbrew, chewing her nails, and exclaiming how cute her hound is when he drools!

Ella said:
A loser... oh my.
Or a writer with a whacky sense of humor, don't forget the "or"!

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Ella said:
Wow. Raised a kerfuffle by sticking my head in the door. ;)

A loser... oh my. I was taking a stab at myself, cuz I've been trying to quit smoking. I made the avatar for my blog - those knowing me found it funny, but I guess it's not suitable for here. Will go cold-turkey-avatar!

Btw, I made it at http://abi-station.com. It takes a while, but you get a nice finished product.

Thanks for that link! I'm going to go see what kind of avatar I can come up with. Lol...

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
jdkiggins said:
Ella, I'll come in this thread just to sniff your avatar. I've been smoke free for...12 days now. sniff, sniff.

I feel good! Congrats! on the modship. :)
Joanne

Wow! Congrats on your 12 days of no smoking! Very difficult thing to do. I've been trying for years.

Got any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.