Status
Not open for further replies.

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi everyone. Just thought I'd offer one or two suggestions for those wishing to make use of this shiny new tool...!

FOR THOSE REQUESTING INFORMATION

There are two ways to find what you're looking for here:

1: Search For An Expert!

(For the less experienced searchers among us)

Click the 'Search' button on the toolbar at the top of this thread, and select the 'Advanced Search' option from the drop-down box.

Enter your keywords top-left, and click on the 'Show Results As Posts' button at the bottom of the 'Search Options' section.

On the right hand side, scroll through the forums until you find this one. It's in the second section, just above 'Coffee Break'. Make sure there's a tick in the box at the bottom where it says 'Also search in child forums'.

Hit the 'Search Now' button, and you'll find every posted mention of the subject you're looking for.

Once you've found an expert in your chosen field, get in touch and ask away! (and of course please respect their chosen methods of contact!)

2: Post Your Question And Wait!

Start a new thread.

Make sure your title clearly states the area in which you need an expert.

Ask away, sit back, and wait for the answer! (Or you might want to go away and come back later, thinking about it!)

FOR THOSE OFFERING INFORMATION

Remember to list your areas of expertise using obvious keywords, or no one will ever find you!

Please make sure you state clearly that you don't want to receive PMs, if that's the case.

And if you're a compulsive teacher, keep this section bookmarked!

AND ABOVE ALL...

Make sure you say Please and Thank You!

Hermit

Registered
Reaction score
:Clap:
Thank you 'three seven' for pushing for this forum and also for the 'how to search' advice (mega-helpful!).

Not to mention the congratulations as the esteemed moderator :Hail: !!

I, like you, hope this forum will provide lots of topical advice for writers and as a result, the information will turn up in someone's published writing!

Let the research begin!

emeriis

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solutionsbystewart.com
My request keeps getting buried

Is there a method for refreshing a posted message (request for interviewees) so that those who login in will see it on the first few pages instead of it getting buried?

I realize that if someone posts a reply it moves to the front again but my message is not really one where people would reply on the board. The only way I've found thus far is to copy my original posting as a reply to my own message but this means people read the same posting several times in a row.

Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
emeriis said:
Is there a method for refreshing a posted message (request for interviewees) so that those who login in will see it on the first few pages instead of it getting buried?
You could just type "Still looking" or simply "Bump" if you don't have an answer to your original question.

Status
Not open for further replies.