Do you know any real American cops?

ALLWritety

One Step closer, I hope!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone out there know of any real live American cops?

I have written some stuff and i would like to get their take on it.

If you know them we would need to work out a way to contact each other.

I am open to suggestions.

Kev

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a 911 dispatcher, was married for 9 years to a cop and am currently dating a cop.

Yeah, I know a few. :)

PM me...I'm glad to help.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
My brother in law was a Sargent on the chicago force, but will not talk about his experiance,,,,bitter old guy, sorry...

RJK

Sheriff Bullwinkle the Poet says:
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a retired cop. Small city. Spent most of my time in uniform. Patrol and as a supervisor. I retired a while ago but I've tried to keep current with procedures.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Off-topic comment on something that's driving me crazy: I think you mean that you were "formerly" KCpotatohead, not "formally".

The Queen of England, formerly "Princess Elizabeth" before her accession to the throne, is formally "Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom, Canada and Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith."

Alvah

Life is what you make of it.
Registered
Reaction score
I had a relative (he passed away a few years ago) who was a Boston police officer for 30 years, ten of those years as a homicide dective.

He told me something that surprised me. He said that in 30 years
he had to draw his gun only a few times, and he never had to shoot anyone. Quite different than what one sees on T.V.

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
I guess the time has come to admit it. I was married to a cop for five years, f-i-v-e long years. Unfortunately, I think I know his phone number. Let me know if you want to speak to him and I'll try to make arrangements. (He's still a cop. Started as a patrol officer and now he's a sargeant.)

WriterX316

Registered
Reaction score
forensics

I'm studying criminal forensics with AIU and have most of the books for the field. Got a question let me know. I'll look it up. Otherwise I can email my instructors.

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
I had a relative (he passed away a few years ago) who was a Boston police officer for 30 years, ten of those years as a homicide dective.

He told me something that surprised me. He said that in 30 years
he had to draw his gun only a few times, and he never had to shoot anyone. Quite different than what one sees on T.V.

I have a close relative still in law enforcement and he has said much the same.

Smiling Ted

Ah-HA!
Registered
Reaction score
Many police departments in major American cities have PIOs - Public Information Officers - basically, press secretaries in uniform. If you contact them, they're usually happy to give you the info themselves or help you find an officer.

LAPD also has "lead officers" who do this.

You might start with Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), New York Police Department (NYPD), Los Angeles Sheriffs Department (LASD), and Chicago Police Department (CPD).

(By the way, Los Angeles Sheriffs are cops who work for the county of LA, as opposed to the city of LA. If you were wondering.)

Anthony Matias

Registered
Reaction score
I was a reserve police officer. Couldn't be arrogant enough to make as a full-time one though.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I've met a few cops, ranging from the very nice to the...kinda annoying. Like the guy who gave me a ticket for walking my bike without a helmet on.