Why?

Kev

SpookyWriter
06-10-2008, 01:27 PM
I like my donuts without zits.

kristie911
06-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Krispy Kreme is totally overrated. Ick.

I've had Dunkin Donuts once...they were good.

I've never been to a Tim Hortons so I can't comment.

My local grocery store makes some kick ass doughnuts...I'll take theirs any day. :)

Jo
06-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Balfours chocolate doughnuts when in South Australia--melt in your mouth yumminess, topped with rich chocolate.

Fantasy Donuts at Big Top, Maroochydore, Queensland--soft, light and moreish doughnuts filled with fresh whipped cream. Extra points for their cake-sized doughnuts.

or Donut King (http://www.donutking.com.au/) Australia wide--when extended travelling is out of the question (even though DK is not in my town...).

Ol' Fashioned Girl
06-10-2008, 03:31 PM
When I can't get Donut Palace goodies from the place up the street, a Krispy Kreme dipped in chocolate will do the trick.

johnnysannie
06-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Southern Maid donuts are the absolute best.

Gold N Glaze from a tiny hole in the wall shop in my home city are almost as good.

Krispy Kremes are way overrated and overpried.

alleycat
06-10-2008, 03:36 PM
I think Krispy Kreme has changed since when I was a kid, and now that they've become something of a national chain. They used to be really good; now they're just "alright".

rhymegirl
06-10-2008, 03:58 PM
I don't eat donuts. Or doughnuts either.

Mr Flibble
06-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Mine

I spent seven years where my first job of the day was to make, fry, sugar and jam them, or put custard in or... Two thousand every day. They were the mutt's nutts. But I got sick of them after about a month.

I never want to see a doughnut ever again.

robeiae
06-10-2008, 04:44 PM
You must share your donuts with the world, Idiots...or at least with me.

Fraulein
06-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Y'all have to see this video! (maybe you've seen it before) I love it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbs64GvGgPU

Shadow_Ferret
06-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Krispy Kreme? Is there even any dough in there? It's all air? Air, sugar, and fat.

Dunkin Donuts aren't bad.

Don't know who Tim Horton is.

Our Pick'n'Save makes really good donuts.

SPMiller
06-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Never had Tim Horton's (don't even know where I'd get any), but I'd like to second Southern Maid. Of course, my opinion might change upon exposure to more donuts--I'm not exactly a connoisseur.

Mumut
06-10-2008, 05:49 PM
I like my donuts without zits.
I thought it would be Guiness-flavour donuts now, Spooky. How's life over there?

DeleyanLee
06-10-2008, 05:50 PM
I like Dunkin' Donuts doughnuts, but Tim Horton's makes the best fritters. Can't stand Krispy Kreme, though. Every time I've eaten a Krispy Kreme, warm or cold, it's just made me sick (literally).

Tim Horton's, for those who don't know, is a Canadian chain which is slowly coming to the US. They also make really good deli sandwiches and soup with extra strong coffee.

Mumut
06-10-2008, 05:59 PM
They also make soup with extra strong coffee.
I've never had soups with even weak coffee. I don't like anything in my soup except croutons.

stormie
06-10-2008, 06:05 PM
As someone else said, Krispy Kreme used to be good, but you had to eat them while still warm. For me it's Dunkin' Donuts Boston Creme.

Shadow_Ferret
06-10-2008, 06:21 PM
As someone else said, Krispy Kreme used to be good, but you had to eat them while still warm.
Only warm. A cold Krispy Kreme is horrible. As I said, it's like eating air. There's no substance to it. Where's the dough? A doughnut should be like a round cake. Filling and satisfying.

Krispy Kreme's are like eating cotton candy. The more you eat, the more you crave because you can't ever get full. So you eat 2, 3, 4 of those things, finally feel full and guess what? You've just downed something like 10,000 calories.

And you can't dunk a Krispy Kreme!

SpookyWriter
06-10-2008, 06:24 PM
I thought it would be Guiness-flavour donuts now, Spooky. How's life over there?I haven't had a Guiness yet and probably won't anytime soon. Too thick for my tastes.

Life over here is good as it gets so far. I move into my apartment tomorrow, started my new job yesterday, and am off to the pub in an hour or so for a pint and a nice dinner.

The weather is wonderful and I've met some nice people. Hope to get out this weekend and visit the city center.

C.bronco
06-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Dunkin Donuts blueberry cake doughnuts are tasty.

stormie
06-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Blueberry cake donuts? YUM! Where've I been? (Oh, yeah, I send the hubby out on Sunday mornings to get the donuts. I should tag along the next time, although I don't think the people would appreciate a woman with bed-head and morning breath.)

C.bronco
06-10-2008, 06:33 PM
A good old Nascar hat fixes bed hair stat!

stormie
06-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Yeah, and I could chew gum--and pop bubbles! Great idea! (But in this family, it's Yankee caps. That's all we own. Tons of them.)

Tink
06-10-2008, 06:44 PM
My Mom's 2nd husband made the best homemade donuts ever...Man, I miss those donuts!

SpookyWriter
06-10-2008, 06:48 PM
My Mom's 2nd husband made the best homemade donuts ever...Man, I miss those donuts!But do you miss the man more?

Joycecwilliams
06-10-2008, 06:49 PM
I like that bakeries make. We do not have a Krispie Kreme here or a Tim Hortons. So to vote for Dunkin wouldn't be fair.

My very favorite doughnut are the jelly donuts my mom used to make. Wish I had her recipe.

MattW
06-10-2008, 06:57 PM
I can eat a full dozen DD

I can almost eat a dozen KK (not enough variety)

I've never even had one TH (I think -- those Toronto trips are kinda hazy...)

Fraulein
06-10-2008, 07:02 PM
I can almost eat a dozen KK (not enough variety)What? Their sour cream donut is my fav!

http://www.krispykreme.co.uk/krispy/assets/images/3_2_varieties/varieties.jpg

stormie
06-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Oh, alittlenerdy, did ya haveta do that?!

Mr Flibble
06-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Not doughnuts!

My eyes, my eyes!

*arggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh * *reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttch*

Fraulein
06-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Oh, alittlenerdy, did ya haveta do that?!That's the calorie-free kind. I was just helpin' you out. Now all we need is a little virtual coffee... :e2coffee:

BenPanced
06-10-2008, 07:15 PM
We...don't have Dunkin Donuts in my neck of the woods. :e2cry: Had them all the time when I was growing up in Indiana :e2cry: and discovered the joy of staying up all night :e2cry: and going to Dunkin Donuts when I lived in Milwaukee. :e2cry: We had an independent donut shop that was killer and rivaled anything :e2cry: next to my coffee house in Minneapolis...but...they went bankrupt and had to close. :cry: So now...I'm left with...nothing...:cry:...please don't look at me...

Southern_girl29
06-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Krispy Kreme are my favorites, except for a cake donut that you can only get around here once a year. We have the National Tennessee Walking Horse Celebration here in August, and one of the local service clubs makes homemade donuts. They are wonderful.

When I was pregnant with my daughter, my cousin was selling Krispy Kreme's to raise funds for his soccer team. I bought two dozen and ate nearly one whole dozen by myself.

WarGlaive
06-10-2008, 10:48 PM
My vote goes for KK.

Canīt go wrong with a warm, glazed Krispy Kreme.

Jcomp
06-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Krispy Kreme is totally overrated. Ick.

Word.

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 10:56 PM
KK is only good at midnight, with a big bottle of water, in your car, sobbing over love gone wrong. And even then, only one whipped cream filled will do the trick. Anything else, or more, is a mistake.

I'll take Tom's Donuts over KK any day.

althrasher
06-10-2008, 10:58 PM
I live in the birthplace of Krispy Kreme. Do I require some kind of loyalty?

Either way, I know enough about their business practices to despise them but have a weakness for their raspberry doughnuts. Mmmmm...

I think DD is really gross, though. I'm not a big fan of (essentially) cold lumps of crunchy cake.

Inky
06-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Yum-Yums from Gregg's Bakery in Scotland.

Divine. Period.

Gravity
06-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Krispy Kremes aren't donuts; they're bathtub float toys. Yarghh. Pass.

On the other hand my grandmother, God rest her, made the finest donuts imaginable. They were kind of like donut holes, no two alike, and she called them "golden puffs." Next to hers I like Tim Hortons.

BardSkye
06-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Tim Horton's, for those who don't know, is a Canadian chain which is slowly coming to the US. They also make really good deli sandwiches and soup with extra strong coffee.

And for the tea lovers amongst us, Timmy's also is about the only fast-food place that makes a good steeped tea, not this teabag-and-a-cup-of-warm-water nonsense.

I don't know about the chain as a whole, but the one I go to sells almost as much steeped tea as they do coffee.

Shadow_Ferret
06-10-2008, 11:30 PM
... not this teabag-and-a-cup-of-warm-water nonsense.
Isn't that what "steeped" means?

BardSkye
06-10-2008, 11:33 PM
No. Ask for tea in most fast-food places and they'll hand you a cup of warm water and a teabag in a little paper package.

Steeped means letting the teabag actually touch boiling water before it gets given to the customer.

Shadow_Ferret
06-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Well, here in America, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find tea at ANY fast food restaurant.

Usually the teabag and cup of hot water comes from the finer restaurants.

Fraulein
06-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Well, here in America, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find tea at ANY fast food restaurant.

Usually the teabag and cup of hot water comes from the finer restaurants.
Oww buuttt whut about in Gourgya whair thay haaave sweet tee?
Sorry, but that's my best Georgia accent.

There's a lot of sweet or iced tea in the Southern states, although it's not the fancy stuff. McDonald's and Taco Bell serve it.

Angelinity
06-10-2008, 11:59 PM
i hates doughnuts. wouldn't touch 'em with a ten-foot pole. or any Pole for that matter.

Jcomp
06-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Oww buuttt whut about in Gourgya whair thay haaave sweet tee?
Sorry, but that's my best Georgia accent.

There's a lot of sweet or iced tea in the Southern states, although it's not the fancy stuff. McDonald's and Taco Bell serve it.

Yep. Down here we have sweet tea all over the place. You can buy it by the gallon at Bill Miller's, which is a fast food barbecue place that doesn't know what a real po'boy is, but I digress...

Mr Flibble
06-11-2008, 12:05 AM

When I went to the States last year, I could get tea at every restaurant we went to. I had to make sure I asked for hot tea though :) Everyone seemed to find it most amusing, but at least no one had to suffer me in tea withdrawal mode. It's not pretty.

BardSkye
06-11-2008, 04:03 AM
Yep. Down here we have sweet tea all over the place. You can buy it by the gallon at Bill Miller's, which is a fast food barbecue place that doesn't know what a real po'boy is, but I digress...

You have sweet tea and barbecue places and temperatures above freezing... I may have to move there. Sounds like heaven to me.