• Other - who

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Krispy Kreme is totally overrated. Ick.

I've had Dunkin Donuts once...they were good.

I've never been to a Tim Hortons so I can't comment.

My local grocery store makes some kick ass doughnuts...I'll take theirs any day. :)

Jo

Travelling the re-write road
Registered
Reaction score
Balfours chocolate doughnuts when in South Australia--melt in your mouth yumminess, topped with rich chocolate.

Fantasy Donuts at Big Top, Maroochydore, Queensland--soft, light and moreish doughnuts filled with fresh whipped cream. Extra points for their cake-sized doughnuts.

or Donut King Australia wide--when extended travelling is out of the question (even though DK is not in my town...).

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think Krispy Kreme has changed since when I was a kid, and now that they've become something of a national chain. They used to be really good; now they're just "alright".

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't eat donuts. Or doughnuts either.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Mine

I spent seven years where my first job of the day was to make, fry, sugar and jam them, or put custard in or... Two thousand every day. They were the mutt's nutts. But I got sick of them after about a month.

I never want to see a doughnut ever again.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
Never had Tim Horton's (don't even know where I'd get any), but I'd like to second Southern Maid. Of course, my opinion might change upon exposure to more donuts--I'm not exactly a connoisseur.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like Dunkin' Donuts doughnuts, but Tim Horton's makes the best fritters. Can't stand Krispy Kreme, though. Every time I've eaten a Krispy Kreme, warm or cold, it's just made me sick (literally).

Tim Horton's, for those who don't know, is a Canadian chain which is slowly coming to the US. They also make really good deli sandwiches and soup with extra strong coffee.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
As someone else said, Krispy Kreme used to be good, but you had to eat them while still warm.
Only warm. A cold Krispy Kreme is horrible. As I said, it's like eating air. There's no substance to it. Where's the dough? A doughnut should be like a round cake. Filling and satisfying.

Krispy Kreme's are like eating cotton candy. The more you eat, the more you crave because you can't ever get full. So you eat 2, 3, 4 of those things, finally feel full and guess what? You've just downed something like 10,000 calories.

And you can't dunk a Krispy Kreme!

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I thought it would be Guiness-flavour donuts now, Spooky. How's life over there?
I haven't had a Guiness yet and probably won't anytime soon. Too thick for my tastes.

Life over here is good as it gets so far. I move into my apartment tomorrow, started my new job yesterday, and am off to the pub in an hour or so for a pint and a nice dinner.

The weather is wonderful and I've met some nice people. Hope to get out this weekend and visit the city center.

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
My Mom's 2nd husband made the best homemade donuts ever...Man, I miss those donuts!