PDA

View Full Version : The Girlie Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 12:04 AM
So I got this idea from a thread in Story Research: Experts and Interviewees...

We girls have our moments, be they due to hormones or something else.

Let this be the place we come when our emotions are high and we need to let loose. We can be an ear for one another, because we all know what it's like.

Let the support begin!

Kitrianna
06-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Moments? I don't have moments! I have WEEKS! I'd kill for moments.
Like this week.
Screw up ankle: check
Break glasses: check
Make sure I have no money to get new glasses for 2 weeks: check
Dread what's going to go wrong next: check, check, check

ACEnders
06-10-2008, 12:21 AM
Oh, what a GREAT idea!!!!!

I got nothing right now, but I'm so excited that you started this thread!!!

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm okay for now, too. I did have some issues last night and wondered is this hormonal, because of my cycle?*, but today my irritation is gone.

*It was due to the way my husband had been all day. My question is, do I get irritated only because my mood is affected by hormones? Or, is it that I'm seeing circumstances more clearly, making my frustrations valid, whereas those other times of the month I'm oblivious and enabling?

HeronW
06-10-2008, 12:30 AM
So, 'I'm PMSing & perimenopausal (read extends PMS by WEEKS) and I have a [insert highly messy but satisfing weapon of mayhem here]' is okay?

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 12:34 AM
So, 'I'm PMSing & perimenopausal (read extends PMS by WEEKS) and I have a [insert highly messy but satisfing weapon of mayhem here]' is okay?

Yes. Yes, it is.

:)

melaniehoo
06-10-2008, 12:37 AM
My migraine is coming back because the men in our parking lot are grinding metal.

Hillary
06-10-2008, 12:39 AM
I've never once let my hormones get the best of me... In fact, my boyfriend is the one who seems to act oddly once a month... I'm perfectly normal and level-headed, it's my MAN who gets all weird.

No, really. I'm sure of it. HE'S the one who changes, NOT me!!! *nods fervently*

Anthony Matias
06-10-2008, 12:41 AM
:popcorn: how boring will this be?

Haggis
06-10-2008, 12:42 AM

I dunno. I thought this was gonna be something like a girlie show. How disappointing.

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 12:43 AM

Imagine my suprise when I see Anthony Matias is the most recent thread poster.

:guns:

Anthony Matias
06-10-2008, 12:44 AM
I dunno. I thought this was gonna be something like a girlie show. How disappointing.

Not sure I want to see Janna with her pale white skin and all those wrinkles!

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 12:44 AM
Haggis, you too? Get OUT! All of yous guys!

Haggis
06-10-2008, 12:45 AM

Nice whiskers, though. Maybe it's a hormonal thing.

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 12:46 AM

*scoffs*

Out!

Anthony Matias
06-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Nice whiskers, though. Maybe it's a hormonal thing.

We should get her some tweezers for those. On the other hand, she could use them for floss if she needs to.

Hillary
06-10-2008, 12:48 AM
I rest my case. MEN are the problem, not hormones.

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 12:50 AM
I don't floss OR tweeze, but thanks.

Haggis
06-10-2008, 12:50 AM
Come on Anthony. Let's get out of here and go grab a beer or something. If we stay, they're gonna want to talk about relationships and crap like that.

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 12:51 AM
I rest my case. MEN are the problem, not hormones.

But will they learn? After the umpteenth time I called misterwrites a "butt" last night, he asked, "Why do you keep calling me that?" I said, "Because I figure one of these times it'll have to sink in and you'll make a change."

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Come on Anthony. Let's get out of here and go grab a beer or something. If we stay, they're gonna want to talk about relationships and crap like that.

This, my friend, is why boys weren't invited in the first place.

:wag:

Anthony Matias
06-10-2008, 12:52 AM

Sounds good. All I heard anyways was Blah, blah, blah, sandwich, blah, blah, golf, blah.

Hillary
06-10-2008, 12:55 AM
AMEN, sistah. But will they learn? After the umpteenth time I called misterwrites a "butt" last night, he asked, "Why do you keep calling me that?" I said, "Because I figure one of these times it'll have to sink in and you'll make a change."

You clearly need improvement in the name-calling department.

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 12:57 AM
You clearly need improvement in the name-calling department.

I don't think it'd make a difference.

:D

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 12:59 AM

Let this be the place we come when our emotions are high and we need to let loose. We can be an ear for one another, because we all know what it's like.

Let the support begin!

FABULOUS IDEA!!!!! I'm 9 days late.....but since I had the shingles a month ago, I'm wondering if that played a roll in this. Stress....gotta love it.

melaniehoo
06-10-2008, 01:00 AM
But will they learn? After the umpteenth time I called misterwrites a "butt" last night, he asked, "Why do you keep calling me that?" I said, "Because I figure one of these times it'll have to sink in and you'll make a change."

Did it work?

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 01:01 AM
Oh and while we're on the topic of late and bitchy..... I'm sharing this fantastic link which I've used for the past 3 years to track my cycle and moods...physically and emotionally.

www.mymonthlycycles.com

It's so worth checking out....for those of you who aren't on birth control, and still are blessed with the monthly bugger.

Marian Perera
06-10-2008, 01:02 AM
I had bad cramps today. Luckily I get Sundays and Mondays off, so I drank a lot of tea, took pills and surfed the web. Didn't get much else done.

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 01:02 AM
Did it work?

Just before bed he apologized - at which point I said, "I appreciate your apology, but it's about more than just an 'I'm sorry'." - and today he's been "better behaved."

And I'm so sorry about that cursed migraine, hooey. Should a few of us ladies yell at those workers? We'll show 'em who's boss. Or, hoo's boss, either way.

melaniehoo
06-10-2008, 01:04 AM
Just before bed he apologized - at which point I said, "I appreciate your apology, but it's about more than just an 'I'm sorry'." - and today he's been "better behaved."

And I'm so sorry about that cursed migraine, hooey. Should a few of us ladies yell at those workers? We'll show 'em who's boss. Or, hoo's boss, either way.

LOL, thanks. My husband did talk to the developers about them making loud noise well after 8pm every day. Even Sunday. I guess I shouldn't complain about him. ;)

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 01:05 AM
Jennifer, thanks for the link!

Queen, that sucks. I think there's little pain worse than cramps or a migraine. It's so hard to function with either. And how sad is it that, often times, the two accompany one another? Blasted hormones.

Marian Perera
06-10-2008, 01:25 AM
Thanks, janna. Sympathy helps. :)

I've been thinking of getting a prescription for birth control pills, just to cut down on the number of periods.

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 01:28 AM

I've been thinking of getting a prescription for birth control pills, just to cut down on the number of periods.

Yeah, this'll definitely keep the guys away. ;)

In my experience, pills lessened my cramps, too. They were so bad before they'd make me throw up, but they all but disappeared once on a prescription. Something to talk to your doctor about, anyway.

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 01:31 AM

Can I have one of yours???? Late is no fun.

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 01:33 AM
Are you on anything, Jennifer? (Not to be nosy, of course.) Besides the purpose of eliminating cramps, I was also originally put on pills to regulate my cycle. In high school I'd go months with no period. But the pills (I think it was Ortho-Tri Cyclen back then) fixed that, too.

Tink
06-10-2008, 01:35 AM
Jw, I have been away from the AW quite a bit today but managed to come back in for a min. and I just found this thread...LOVE IT BTW!!!! Girl talk, b!%cH!^&, pm'sing, griping 'bout the men...perfect thread indeed :).

...but I don't really have anything to fuss about right now but I can promise you I will be back later (if not sooner)! :D

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 01:38 AM
Hooray! I hope it proves to be a worthwhile thread. :)

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 01:38 AM
Are you on anything, Jennifer? (Not to be nosy, of course.) Besides the purpose of eliminating cramps, I was also originally put on pills to regulate my cycle. In high school I'd go months with no period. But the pills (I think it was Ortho-Tri Cyclen back then) fixed that, too.

Like meds? Or BC? Neither. And I'm always a 28-31 day cycle....but now I'm a 39 day cycle....I'm putting all bets on the shingles. My shingles came out a week after my last P - And had them, controlled with the Valtrex, during my ovulation - sorry boys...tmi? so I don't know if this threw my body out of whack.

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 01:47 AM
Yeah, I meant a BC. Cripes, shingles? I suppose they could have affected your workings. *shrugs*

Tink
06-10-2008, 01:48 AM
Hooray! I hope it proves to be a worthwhile thread. :)
We girls must keep this thread alive if for no other reason than to irriatate the men, k? :D

I will try to post here as often as I can even if nothing is bothering me.

The Girlie Thread must Survive!!!! *chanting, lighting candles and incense while pouring myself a glass of wine*

Susie
06-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Well, I really don't know what to post, since I'm even past menopause. It should be called womanopause. :) but since it's Janna's great thread, I wanted to add my two cents to it, even if it's minimal. lol. Sure hope you don't have shingles, Jenn.

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 02:07 AM
Susie, you're still welcome to post about anything concerning you; it doesn't have to be about hormones or periods. Glad you stopped by!

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 02:13 AM
We girls must keep this thread alive if for no other reason than to irriatate the men, k? :D

I will try to post here as often as I can even if nothing is bothering me.

The Girlie Thread must Survive!!!! *chanting, lighting candles and incense while pouring myself a glass of wine*

Yea, totally with ya...and with that I'll add....

I asked my Gyno once if my ovulation was normal because I cramp worse than during my P, he told me "be happy you know when you have an egg"....I felt like a hen. "Be glad" ???? That was all I got.

Jongfan
06-10-2008, 02:19 AM
First mistake, Jenn.. male gyno.. how the hell can he know your level of pain..
sheesh.. give men a kidney stone ONCE and they whine.. yet.. while you're giving birth and it feels like a buick is being driven through your abdomen.. they say "breath"

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 02:21 AM
First mistake, Jenn.. male gyno.. how the hell can he know your level of pain..
sheesh.. give men a kidney stone ONCE and they whine.. yet.. while you're giving birth and it feels like a buick is being driven through your abdomen.. they say "breath"

Oooooooooooooooh Fabulous!!!! I love it! So true! B@st@rds!!!!!

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 02:23 AM
Yea, totally with ya...and with that I'll add....

I asked my Gyno once if my ovulation was normal because I cramp worse than during my P, he told me "be happy you know when you have an egg"....I felt like a hen. "Be glad" ???? That was all I got.

Reminds me of the Kotex slogan: Have a happy period. What the flip! Obviously, a marketing team of no one but men was behind that.

Jongfan, you're so right. I can remember within hours of birthing my firstborn, my husband grunted and growled from my hospital room's bathroom. He called, "I think I just crapped an 8-lb turd!" Yeah, right. If he only knew.

Anthony Matias
06-10-2008, 02:28 AM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj17/shonymat/KidneyStone003.jpg

give men a kidney stone ONCE and they whine :D

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 02:30 AM
Oh, no. Here we go again...

ETA: I'm out, girls. Keep it goin', I'll be back later.

dolores haze
06-10-2008, 02:38 AM
Hee, hee. Maybe Anthony should be allowed in the thread. He IS a stay-at-home dad, and he DID give birth to two beautiful, bouncing kidney stones.

Let him stay. C'mon. We can send him out for tampax and midol when the going gets tough.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
06-10-2008, 02:41 AM

Not only okay but required. ;)

I don't floss OR tweeze, but thanks.

You will. Trust me, you will.

Anthony Matias
06-10-2008, 02:46 AM
Hee, hee. Maybe Anthony should be allowed in the thread. He IS a stay-at-home dad, and he DID give birth to two beautiful, bouncing kidney stones.

Let him stay. C'mon. We can send him out for tampax and midol when the going gets tough.

3 of them actually and although I can't speak to whether they are as painful as giving birth, I do know that having them stuck in my ureter tube for 2 weeks was definitely something I don't want to relive.

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 02:56 AM
3 of them actually and although I can speak to whether they are as painful as giving birth, I do know that having them stuck in my ureter tube for 2 weeks was definitely something I don't want to relive.

You're no fun.

dolores haze
06-10-2008, 02:58 AM
3 of them actually and although I can't speak to whether they are as painful as giving birth, I do know that having them stuck in my ureter tube for 2 weeks was definitely something I don't want to relive.

Did you need to get stitched up afterwards?

Anthony Matias
06-10-2008, 03:04 AM
Did you need to get stitched up afterwards?

No but if that is an argument as to how difficult it is to give birth, my wife homebirthed both our children naturally and required no stitches. :tongue:

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Don't get us vaginal-delivering-baby-machines started on stitches!!!

dolores haze
06-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Anthony - it's time for you to run out and get a huge box of tampax, a ginormous bottle of Midol, and don't forget the six pack of beer.

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 03:07 AM
Anthony - it's time for you to run out and get a huge box of tampax, a ginormous bottle of Midol, and don't forget the six pack of beer.

Don't forget the chocolate!!! 6 pack?????? 12 please!

Anthony Matias
06-10-2008, 03:08 AM

I got the hint DH. :Hug2:

dolores haze
06-10-2008, 03:17 AM
It's probably a good idea to be leaving regular offerings of cholcolate in this thread. Just to be safe.

http://www.mitoledo.com/Donaire/Fotos/Chocolate.png

rhymegirl
06-10-2008, 03:21 AM
*scoffs*

Out!

You should have added No Men Allowed in the thread title.

Susie
06-10-2008, 03:31 AM
I smell chocolate! I knew it. That chocolate is heavenly, Delores. Thanks much!

stormie
06-10-2008, 03:52 AM
Just found this thread, Janna! Right when I needed it most. I'm surrounded by guys. A husband, two sons, and many of our friends who are single guys. They have not a clue why I get stormy at times. Like for hours.

Or that I can't decide what shoe to wear with my white capris.

Or that I need chocolate at least once a day.

Or that cramps are h*ll.

Or especially when one of the guys keeps moaning about his kidney stones. Says he was told by a nurse that kidney stones hurt more than having a baby! AGGGHHH! Try having a baby when you're only 5 feet tall, 90 pounds pre-preg, small hips, and then your d*mn episiotomy is done by a resident and it rips open two days later! Surgery to repair everything down there!

Or....

Okay, rant over. Thanks. I'm calmer now. :D

Fraulein
06-10-2008, 04:03 AM
Or especially when one of the guys keeps moaning about his kidney stones. Says he was told by a nurse that kidney stones hurt more than having a baby! AGGGHHH!
They need to feel special too. Haha!

justme
06-10-2008, 04:11 AM
Pass the chocolate. It's that time of the month and I need it bad.:Headbang:

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 04:57 AM
It's probably a good idea to be leaving regular offerings of cholcolate in this thread. Just to be safe.

http://www.mitoledo.com/Donaire/Fotos/Chocolate.png

Right-o! I knew chocolate would have to play a prominent role in this thread. Kudos to you for bringing it so early!

I figured that'd appeal to their sense of morbid curiosity and bring them them peeping!

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 04:59 AM
Pass the chocolate. It's that time of the month and I need it bad.:Headbang:

Take a BIG heapin' helping. :D I see a never-ending supply in our future.

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 07:07 AM
By special request, from a Girlie who shall at this time remain nameless.

I present you with: Vin Diesel.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/jannasdamom/vin-1.jpg

AmyDoodle
06-10-2008, 07:23 AM
Can we get a picture of him holding a chocolate bar and saying, "I don't want to fix it, Baby. I'm here to listen."

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Can we get a picture of him holding a chocolate bar and saying, "I don't want to fix it, Baby. I'm here to listen."

Right there you have it. Every woman's dream man.

Susie
06-10-2008, 07:54 AM

You guyz are gettin' me all quivery kinda. First that super chocolate from Delores and now a man holding a chocolate bar. I'm in chocolate heaven. :D Many thx.

Joycecwilliams
06-10-2008, 08:35 AM

Let the support begin!

Great Idea...

I no longer get my period... and I am happy about it...

My husband would accuse me of PMSing when I wasn't. I never would say anything that I didn't think the other days of the month.. It just gave me courage to say it.. :)

Joycecwilliams
06-10-2008, 08:39 AM

LOL....

I was crying about my doggies getting whip worms... and how tired I was of picking up the poop from the house and the yard.. My husband didn't know what to do. He asked what he could do and I said nothing. I just need you to listen and be my friend... It was an utterly foreign concept to him.

Tink
06-10-2008, 05:05 PM
I have just completed another cyclone and I have a question for all you other girlie's. Do u cry at the silliest thing like some commercial on TV that u could care less about any other time of the month?

I have been having my period since I was in the fourth grade. The only girl in school (elem., the 4th grade was the highest grade in this particular school) that did...I had my first one right at school so I had to tell my teacher who just happened to be a man, who never looked me directly in the eyes afterwards or even spoke to me the same for that matter. He acted so uncomfortable around me afterwards, like he was embarressed! Shoot, what about me? I was only 9 and it wasn't cause of my weight, cuz I was always underweight as a child, hence my real nickname- Tink! Anyway, he sent me to the nurse who in turn sent the janitor (a man btw) to the store to get me some mini pads (ya'll 'member them) and while I was sittin' in the office waiting on the supplies a girl came in and asked me if I was in trouble and like a dumby I told her why I was there and she blabbed it all over all school...talk about some rough days to follow. Most of the girls trailed around after me like I some kind of rockstar and asked all kinds of crazy questions that I am sure I didn't answer correctly while some of the boys treated me like I had the plague. It was extremely confusing and humiliating!!! My Mom took me out to supper that night and celebrated it celebrated the fact that she said I had become a woman (yeah right, I was only nine after all) And you know what one of my worst problems with this vicious cycle that happens very regular (every 21 days) is I have never been able to have children. Doctors ran test, says my eggs are fine but couldn't ever pinpoint why or what was wrong w/me...periods result in procreation, right? My periods have never produced nothing but severe pain and horrible mood swings...just ain't fair. I will be 40 this month so that means I have been having my period for 31 years, when will it stop? I won't miss it... I don't think, I have heard a few horror stories about menopause so I don't know...maybe I will miss it :Shrug:

Any advice from women going through menopause or post-menopause will be appreciated.

Ok, I am done now with my :rant:...

...dang, it really feels good to get all that out in the open and to share!!!Thanks again JW for startin' this thread. :Hug2:

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 05:19 PM
First things first, Tink: :Hug2:

stormie
06-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Oh, Tink, that must have been so hard getting your period in fourth grade! Ugh. And to have the news spread through school.... I agree with Janna. You need a hug. :Hug2:

I don't have any menopause stories yet, but I can tell you--even with a partial hysterectomy (I have my ovaries) I still get stormy a lot and get horrible cramps. The good thing is no more pads or tampons. I swear before the hys. I was keeping Kotex and ob Tampons in business single-handidly.

Tink
06-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Amen on the keeping the suppliers in business, I go through and entire pack of Always Ultra Thin w/wings in three days time...and the pain, oh the pain, the first night of my 'P' i get no sleep from the cramps that settles in my ab., low back and goes down the center of both of my thighs. Sometimes my 'p' are so severe and heavy that I have to plan activities around them... and btw thank ya'll for the hugs. Much Appreciated and warmly recieved. :)

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Oh, man. That sounds horribly unpleasant, Tink. Maybe since your period was early, menopause will be the same? I suppose things will be better after "the change."

I'm noticing monthly symptoms like I've never had before. My leg aches and I get lightheaded and woozy if I bend over too abruptly. *shrugs*

Tink
06-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Hopefully menopause will come early...hope! Hope! My periods are different too, they don't last as long as they used too (thank goodness) but they are harder and yes i have experienced the wooziness too and fatigue, lots of fatigue.

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 06:17 PM
How crazy! Mine are much lighter and much shorter. I guess it goes to show how different hormones can be for different women. There's just no rhyme or reason.

Tink
06-10-2008, 06:19 PM
How crazy! Mine are much lighter and much shorter. I guess it goes to show how different hormones can be for different women. There's just no rhyme or reason.None at all...:Shrug:

stormie
06-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Yeah, for years doctors puzzled over me. "Fibroids shouldn't be causing all your problems. Here, take another pill." Didn't work. Took seven years of h*ll and heavy periods that lasted weeks before I found a dr. who gave me a partial hysterectomy. I think I was the only patient in the holding area who was smiling before surgery. I even let out a cheer when they wheeled me in to the OR.

There's no rhyme or reason, either, for any strange aches and pains we get. Of which we don't usually complain (except here! Thank you, Janna!)

Tink
06-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Stormie, I have a history of fibroids too but I opted to not have the surgery...holding out hope that I would procreate I suppose. I am pretty mush past that now but can't afford the surgery (I have insurance but my co-pays and deductibles kills me) now.

Anyway, I love this thread!!!! L&H's to Janna again for creating it...:)

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 06:39 PM
I even let out a cheer when they wheeled me in to the OR.

A funny mental picture that gives me! Stormie in a moving wheelchair, sitting erect, raised fist in the air.

There's no rhyme or reason, either, for any strange aches and pains we get. Of which we don't usually complain (except here! Thank you, Janna!)

Sometimes I think my body must surely be falling apart! How can all these unusual things be happening to me?

You're welcome. ;)

Tink
06-10-2008, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE]A funny mental picture that gives me! Stormie in a moving wheelchair, sitting erect, raised fist in the air.I am seeing it too...:D

AmyDoodle
06-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Ooooh, the dreaded back cramps. Did you mention those, Tink? I hates them forever!

melaniehoo
06-10-2008, 06:42 PM
How 'bout ovarian cysts? I had a 3cm one for a couple months this past winter.

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 06:44 PM
It all sucks!

Tink
06-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Ooooh, the dreaded back cramps. Did you mention those, Tink? I hates them forever!
yes and they are the ABSOLUTE worst...

stormie
06-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Tink, D&Cs work for awhile, and even give you a better chance of getting pregnant. And of course, not as expensive as even a partial hyster. In my case, I had my two boys and I was d-o-n-e. And I think we had already reached the point with our insurance where they'd finally pay most or all of it. Our medical bills are always phenominal. They're so high we get a tax break at tax time. Sheesh.

ETA: When I cheered, one of the nurses whispered to me, "I wish I could have one, too."

Tink
06-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Very painful!!!! Nothing to do for them besides getting cut on or taking the pill.........whats worst is the D@*^ 'wand' ultrasound you have to endure. The tech that did my ultrasound was a guy and he actually asked me if I wanted to insert or should he...no joke! I was mortified!

Tink
06-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Tink, D&Cs work for awhile, and even give you a better chance of getting pregnant. And of course, not as expensive as even a partial hyster. In my case, I had my two boys and I was d-o-n-e. And I think we had already reached the point with our insurance where they'd finally pay most or all of it. Our medical bills are always phenominal. They're so high we get a tax break at tax time. Sheesh.
Had one, didn't work for the pregnancy part but it did help out the fribroid and cyst problem...which made the procedure worth every penny.

stormie
06-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Yep. I have one on one ovary that they're watching. I like that term, "watching." Sure, they sit around a CT scan, mesmerized by my ovary.

melaniehoo
I didn't have any inserting, thank God. Multiple ultrasounds and a stronger dose of BC pills. It was preventing my period so I had to take some medicine to make me bleed for a week when we first found it. That's the problem with living here in Mexico - I'm not always certain what's going on.

Tink
ETA: When I cheered, one of the nurses whispered to me, "I wish I could have one, too.":D

melaniehoo
06-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Yep. I have one on one ovary that they're watching. I like that term, "watching." Sure, they sit around a CT scan, mesmerized by my ovary.

Mine shrank to 1cm over four months, but my girlfriend had a 5cm(!!!) one and it's GONE in one month. No fair! I had to take her to the doctor because my Spanish is better than hers, so I got to see her ultrasound as well. Talk about bonding. :D

Tink
06-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Yep. I have one on one ovary that they're watching. I like that term, "watching." Sure, they sit around a CT scan, mesmerized by my ovary.:ROFL:Funny, I understand exactly what u r saying...I have a nodule in my thyroid that they are watching...yeah right!!!

Tink
06-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Mine shrank to 1cm over four months, but my girlfriend had a 5cm(!!!) one and it's GONE in one month. No fair! I had to take her to the doctor because my Spanish is better than hers, so I got to see her ultrasound as well. Talk about bonding. :D
Nothing like seeing the true inside of your friend, huh?:D

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Okay, I have to share this story. Perhaps, TMI, but I think you'll all get a kick out of it.

I was in my early-twenties and was visiting a new (to me) female doctor for my annual check-up. We were mid-exam and she'd finished my pap when, lo and behold, she... um... checked my back door. With no warning! I'd never EVER had that done before. So I said, "No one's ever done that before," in a disbelieving tone. And then, thinking she might assume I was judging her doctoring abilities and not wanting to offend (that's me, always afraid to offend), I said, "Er, not that I minded."

:e2smack:

That's me, always saying the stupidest thing at the stupidest time.

stormie
06-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Janna, I nearly spewed my coffee over my keyboard! Too funny. (I have to say, I'm that way too. Esp. with doctors. The White Coat Syndrome, I guess.)

Tink
06-10-2008, 07:00 PM
I didn't have any inserting, thank God. Multiple ultrasounds and a stronger dose of BC pills. It was preventing my period so I had to take some medicine to make me bleed for a week when we first found it. That's the problem with living here in Mexico - I'm not always certain what's going on.I live in the States and I have a hard time understanding what my doctor is talking 'bout. After he mumbles a bunch of stuff that might as well be spoken in chinese (i do not speak chinese) to me, I am like-"Can you repeat that please but in English this time...I didn't go to med. school so the terminology is sometimes beyond my comprehension."

Tink
06-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Okay, I have to share this story. Perhaps, TMI, but I think you'll all get a kick out of it.

I was in my early-twenties and was visiting a new (to me) female doctor for my annual check-up. We were mid-exam and she'd finished my pap when, lo and behold, she... um... checked my back door. With no warning! I'd never EVER had that done before. So I said, "No one's ever done that before," in a disbelieving tone. And then, thinking she might assume I was judging her doctoring abilities and not wanting to offend (that's me, always afraid to offend), I said, "Er, not that I minded."

:e2smack:

:roll::ROFL::roll:but after all the laughter is over...poor, poor girl. :Hug2:

stormie
06-10-2008, 07:03 PM
I live in the States and I have a hard time understanding what my doctor is talking 'bout. After he mumbles a bunch of stuff that might as well be spoken in chinese (i do not speak chinese) to me, I am like-"Can you repeat that please but in English this time...I didn't go to med. school so the terminology is sometimes beyond my comprehension."
And talking on the phone to a Dr. who has a heavy accent is really difficult, too. I'll say (quite intelligently),"Um, uh, um, what'd'ya say?"

Tink
06-10-2008, 07:11 PM
And talking on the phone to a Dr. who has a heavy accent is really difficult, too. I'll say (quite intelligently),"Um, uh, um, what'd'ya say?"EXACTLY!!!! It's like trying to solve a riddle that has _____________ (blanks) in almost every sentence.

Silver King
06-10-2008, 07:12 PM
I thought of that also, but then they'd come swarming in from all directions if only to defy the warning.

Very cool thread, by the way. Love to see the support here, and some of the posts are enough to make a person cry and laugh at the same time.

Okay, okay, I'll leave now; but remember, no one said men weren't allowed to read along, right? This is a GREAT place for us to learn about women's issues. :)

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah, needless to say, I never went back to that doctor.

I love the team of OB/GYNs I go to now. And as for our primary care physician, we go to church with him, so there's that personal rapport. I'm still intimidated, but he's much easier to be around than most doctors.

Tink
06-10-2008, 07:15 PM
I thought of that also, but then they'd come swarming in from all directions if only to defy the warning.

Very cool thread, by the way. Love to see the support here, and some of the posts are enough to make a person cry and laugh at the same time.

Okay, okay, I'll leave now; but remember, no one said men weren't allowed to read along, right? This is a GREAT place for us to learn about women's issues. :)
Silver King is a pretty nice guy, Huh? :)

Tink
06-10-2008, 07:18 PM

I love the team of OB/GYNs I go to now. And as for our primary care physician, we go to church with him, so there's that personal rapport. I'm still intimidated, but he's much easier to be around than most doctors.
There is something to be said about running into your Ob/GYN at the mall (or anywhere) the very next day after he has had a more intimate look at you than your husband does...what's the words needed here? Horrified, Embarressed beyond belief, can't make eye contact....

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Yup, SK's a keeper. :)

I have my doubts, but if it'll help our cause, by all means. ;)

quickWit
06-10-2008, 07:21 PM
*Runs through thread with pants on head*

wwwwwwwwoooooooo hhhhhoooooooooooooooo

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 07:41 PM
*Runs through thread with pants on head*

wwwwwwwwoooooooo hhhhhoooooooooooooooo

Ladies, should we tell quickie about the punishment for such an infiltration? Or just show him?

Tink, get the lube!
Stormie, ready the tampon bombs!
Girlies, arm your stations!

Tink
06-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Ladies, should we tell quickie about the punishment for such an infiltration? Or just show him?

[quote]

Tink, get the lube!

Stormie, ready the tampon bombs!

Girlies, arm your stations!:guns:
Armed and ready!!!!:D

dolores haze
06-10-2008, 07:57 PM
I think quickie should get his back door checked with a wand ultrasound. That'll larn him!

dolores haze
06-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Someome please pass the eye bleach.

I googled gyno stuff without the safe search on.

Dang, there's some strange people in this world.

*pours bleach into eyes*

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Oh, you poor dear. :Hug2:

That's how I felt when I was made to watch other women poop kids during childbirth class. No, thank you. I'll just endure my own experience, not tainted by those of others.

melaniehoo
06-10-2008, 08:12 PM

I've never had that happen at an exam and my sister recently told me every doctor she's gone to has done that. Strange how the odds work out.

And don't tell me about pooping during childbirth! ;)

RLB
06-10-2008, 08:18 PM
They do that? It's never happened to me! And I'd expect a fair amount of warning.

I recently went off the pill and am reacquainting myself with the joys of cramping. My husband came home the other day to find me balled up on the couch, not willing to move. He was totally baffled (I've been on the pill most of the time he's known me) and asked what was wrong with me. I just glared.

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 08:23 PM
They do that? It's never happened to me! And I'd expect a fair amount of warning.

I recently went off the pill and am reacquainting myself with the joys of cramping. My husband came home the other day to find me balled up on the couch, not willing to move. He was totally baffled (I've been on the pill most of the time he's known me) and asked what was wrong with me. I just glared.

That's what I thought! I was hugely bothered by the fact she assumed I'd had it done before. And just... plowed away, if you will.

RLB, that's interesting. I'm not on any BC pills (though other measures are taken) because my migraines are better without the added hormones. For the first time ever, my periods are lighter, shorter, and I have little to now cramping. I used to be at the other extreme in all areas.

Tink
06-10-2008, 08:29 PM
I think quickie should get his back door checked with a wand ultrasound. That'll larn him!
:ROFL::roll:

melaniehoo
06-10-2008, 08:31 PM
RLB, that's interesting. I'm not on any BC pills (though other measures are taken) because my migraines are better without the added hormones. For the first time ever, my periods are lighter, shorter, and I have little to now cramping. I used to be at the other extreme in all areas.

Let's hope that's true for me, too!

Tink
06-10-2008, 08:33 PM
I have never had children but I was my niece's coach through her first delivery (Father ran off before birth) and there was a whole lot of that pooping thing happening...Bless her heart.

jannawrites
06-10-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm pleased to say I have no such experience. With the pooping, I mean.

ETA: I'm taking off. Lunch and then to the pool. I'll be back later this afternoon or evening, I hope.

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Guess who's not late anymore? Yup.

Guess who got to sit in her sons kindergarten class for an hour this morning before her morning cup of coffee and do math of all things all the while cramping and bloating?

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 08:44 PM

I don't know, I'm all for him fixing me.

RLB
06-10-2008, 08:46 PM
The pooping stories terrify me! Actually, a couple of my friends didn't even realize they pooped; their husbands were the ones that let them in on it.

My periods on the pill were always super-light and super-short. They're not awful now, but I'm definitely a lot crampier.

Tink
06-10-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm pleased to say I have no such experience. With the pooping, I mean.

ETA: I'm taking off. Lunch and then to the pool. I'll be back later this afternoon or evening, I hope.Enjoy and we'll read u later. :)

Tink
06-10-2008, 08:49 PM
I don't know, I'm all for him fixing me.:D

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 08:52 PM
We were mid-exam and she'd finished my pap when, lo and behold, she... um... checked my back door. With no warning!

I got to the point where I ask beforehand, "are you going to..." after the first unannounced entry. Disgusting! My last visit, also the first with this gyno-man, I asked him and his answer was "do you want me to?" I almost died.

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Well if this doesn't scare the men away...

A friend who had just had her 2nd baby warned me about going into labor and making sure to get or ask for an enema so I could go before the big show.....I didn't, I forgot. So once I started really having contractions I thought, OH NO! I HAVEN'T POOPED! The entire time I was pushing, I wasn't really giving my all for fear that well....you know. And what happened.....well...you know.

melaniehoo
06-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Speaking of birthing, I read this blog (http://captainhambone.typepad.com/not_that_you_asked/2006/10/the_great_big_h.html) and she has a great post about what to bring when you give birth. She mentions fluids a LOT!

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Read the list....personally, I didn't have time to do any of these things while in labor.

I wasn't allowed anything to suck on except ice.

If I'd had a magazine, I may have thrown it.

An iPod? Those were not around when I was in labor, or were they? And even so, I was way too distracted and annoyed to have anything sticking in my ears, music or the earphones.

The socks I'll say yes to, have a pair of socks.

stormie
06-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Yep. The only thing you want around--or on you--is a pair of socks. And I didn't hold my husband's hand. Nope. I grabbed his arm. Tight. He really, really loved that. Oh, and body fluids--don't worry. That's what Chucks are for (disposable bed pads). Labor and delivery staff are prepared for a lot of action!

Here's a good one: I had to share a bathroom with another mom-in-labor. She had her expensive designer maternity dress hung up on a hanger on the door. Stockings tucked neatly into her hundreds of dollars pair of pumps. When it was her turn to deliver, all I heard was this very dainty, proper sounding, "Oh, oh, oh!" Geez. Me--I sounded like a hyena. No, maybe it was more like a lion's roar. Didn't recognize my own voice.

AmyDoodle
06-10-2008, 09:19 PM
I said, "Er, not that I minded."

Must. Breathe. Can't. Stop. Laughing.

Melanie, that's what I always think of with you in Mexico. It's gotta be unnerving needing medical help so far from home.

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Ok, I am done now with my :rant:...

...dang, it really feels good to get all that out in the open and to share!!!Thanks again JW for startin' this thread. :Hug2:

Not sure this applies to you, but interesting still.

http://health.yahoo.com/reproductive-overview/polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos-topic-overview/healthwise--tw9104.html

melaniehoo
06-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Must. Breathe. Can't. Stop. Laughing.

Melanie, that's what I always think of with you in Mexico. It's gotta be unnerving needing medical help so far from home.

It's much better now than it was a year ago. She's learning English and my Spanish has improved, so between the two of us it works. I'm not always sure what medicine she gives me, but that's why we have the internet!

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Oh, and body fluids--don't worry. That's what Chucks are for (disposable bed pads). Labor and delivery staff are prepared for a lot of action!
Yea, the constant drip drip pour of fluids kinda keeps you in a foul mood, you don't want to do anything.

jennifer75
06-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Oh and for those of you suffering with me and my crampies....donuts just arrived. I'll eat plenty for you all.

Namatu
06-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Cramps: raspberry leaf tea. May not help everyone, but several cups a month can make a difference.

Mood swings: evening primrose oil.

Don't know much about fibroids, but, Tink, some of the pain you described sounds like endo.

AmyDoodle
06-10-2008, 10:27 PM
I don't know, I'm all for him fixing me.

LOL! Well, yeah, but that takes a different set of tools.

jannawrites
06-11-2008, 01:01 AM
...When it was her turn to deliver, all I heard was this very dainty, proper sounding, "Oh, oh, oh!" Geez. Me--I sounded like a hyena. No, maybe it was more like a lion's roar. Didn't recognize my own voice.

Can I brag? I didn't yell or scream through either delivery. I'm still kind of surprised by that.

LOL! Well, yeah, but that takes a different set of tools.

Too funny. Mm-hmm.

quickWit
06-11-2008, 01:17 AM
Can I brag? I didn't yell or scream through either delivery. I'm still kind of surprised by that.

I didn't scream through the delivery of my kids either, although I did snap a bit at my wife when she wouldn't get up to change the channel for me. :)

Eskimo1990
06-11-2008, 01:20 AM
So glad someone started this thread!

For the longest time I was lucky and I had NO cramps whatsoever. Then one time all of a sudden I had cramps. The bad kind...I was doubling over in pain because of them.
I didn't know what to do. I can't swallow pills so I couldn't even take anything to get rid of the pain
Eventually I found that a big glass of milk took care of it.

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 01:20 AM
I didn't scream through the delivery of my kids either, although I did snap a bit at my wife when she wouldn't get up to change the channel for me. :)

I didn't yell or scream either....my epidural had me feelin real good. My epidural had worn off just enough that I could control my muscles and push and feel that I was pushing, but had absolutely no pain.

jannawrites
06-11-2008, 01:22 AM
I didn't yell or scream either....my epidural had me feelin real good. My epidural had worn off just enough that I could control my muscles and push and feel that I was pushing, but had absolutely no pain.

They backed mine off, too, but too much so. I can't remember exactly with my first, but for my second it felt like my entire side was ripping away from my body. Cursed epidural. No screams. Just crying.

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Eeow, the whole thing has me crabby. Just thinking about it. I've turned from deliriously donutty to irratable and pissy. I have cramps. I'm getting a headache. My contacts are driving me nuts. I'm at work and can't pop them out. I'm extremely tired. Something is bothering me that I really don't want to talk about cause it's stupid self inflicted drama but all the same it's drama that is pissing me off and I don't know which approach to take. I want to go home, and I still have two and a half hours to go. My floor heater annoys me before it warms me...everything annoys me. I want my bed. Maybe it's the 3 donuts, 2 coffees, diet coke, and only one glass of water that's doing it to me.

jannawrites
06-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Aw, Jennifer. :Hug2: Don't beat yourself up about it. We all have discouraging days, when it feels like nothing can go right. Allow yourself to let these feelings wash over you. Wallow in them, even. Everyone needs a little self-pity once in awhile, because it makes all the good things seem that much better. Soon you can shake yourself off, because you'll be feeling better, and your emotions will line themselves out.

In the meantime, lay off the donuts...

;)

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 02:00 AM
Men/Guys/Boys, take note of how fast we turn. We go from OK to stay the f@ck away from me, in seconds. Gotta love that kind of power.

Marian Perera
06-11-2008, 02:27 AM
I had a terrible pap test recently. I'd had one in the States long ago, and while it had been uncomfortable, it hadn't been too bad - the doctor knew it was my first one and took it slowly. The one I had here was quite different. For one thing, the doctor was running late - my appointment was for 1:30 but she saw me at 2:00 - and she was in a hurry. I barely had time to get my feet on the stirrups before she bunged a speculum in like she was trying to unclog a toilet.

I jerked up from the table. She told me to relax and tried a second time, then a third. By then it hurt so much that I was in tears, and she said, "What's wrong? You said you'd been sexually active before."

I said, "Yes, but that was ten years ago. And it was oral!" (I guess she'd been too busy to look at my chart, where I'd mentioned this)

She said, "So you're a virgin?"

I felt like saying, "Not after you and your speculum, I'm not," but I was crying too hard.

She finally gave up and told me that we'd try again another day. I wanted to reply, "Yes, I'm only tight on Mondays. Tuesday you could get your whole arm up there if you liked", but I went home and tried to recover - it really was a horribly invasive experience. The doctor said she was going to refer me to a gynecologist, and that's going to be in early July. Hopefully the gyno will be more understanding and will use a smaller speculum and take it more carefully. I don't want another experience like that again.

stormie
06-11-2008, 02:29 AM
Wasn't there a song in the seventies "I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar" or something like that.

stormie
06-11-2008, 02:31 AM
Ouch, Queen! I just read your post. :Hug2: Geez! With my personality, I'd have more than roared. (Guys who are lurking, take note: THIS is what we go through but don't mention at parties.)

jannawrites
06-11-2008, 02:34 AM
Wasn't there a song in the seventies "I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar" or something like that.

Right you are! Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPDcMyPlFvw&feature=related). :D Our new theme song!

Queen, I feel awfully for you. I'm sorry it was such a bad experience for you. :Hug2:

dolores haze
06-11-2008, 02:45 AM
I'm kind of disturbed by Janna's and Queen's stories of rough, rude and unpleasant medical treatment. Especially by both you ladies being polite and/or silent when you are actually in pain, in shock or thoroughly embarassed.

I know that girl children in particular are brought up to be polite and respectful, but ladies, please, we really do have to be more assertive in expecting kind and professional medical treatment.

I'm not picking on Janna and Queen. I've done the same damn thing. Why did I allow the frickin' medical student to (unsuccessfully) practice finding a vein over and over again. Why didn't I say "Yes, it DOES frickin' hurt" when I was getting my breasts flattened in the mammo machine. Why did I keep going to the doctor who was far too busy and important to actually listen to me?

Ladies - we gotta do better!

Marian Perera
06-11-2008, 02:53 AM
Thanks for the sympathy, ladies. :) It helps a lot. And if this thread is still active after my appointment, I'll let you know how it goes.

dolores - I'd like to have ditched the doctor, but it's not easy to get a family doctor here - especially since I don't have a car and am limited to who I can reach on the public transport system. Many of them don't accept new clients - heck, this one gave me an interview before she decided to take me on. Free health care... I guess you get what you pay for.

stormie
06-11-2008, 02:58 AM
Why didn't I say "Yes, it DOES frickin' hurt" when I was getting my breasts flattened in the mammo machine. Ladies - we gotta do better!
Okay, here goes: Same thing here. Two years ago, under my sister's urging, I went for a mammo. I had gone before, but this time I think I had the tech from hell. She did okay with the left one, but she seemed annoyed and SLAMMED the machine on top of the right one. I gave a yelp.

She looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "No one ever complains like that!"

I said, "This one hurt!"

She shrugged.

A week later, I went for a check-up. The dr. noticed the right breast seemed weird. Of course it seemed weird. It got smushed! Sent for more mammos. Ten of them in a row. More smushing. Tsk,tsk. Looks strange. Needle aspiration needed for that breast. OUCH. Guess what? Nothing. It was from that stupid tech's mistake of slamming the machine on it in the first place. ARGGGH.

So yeah, I did speak up but to no avail. I was "too sensitive." Right. Try being in labor for three days then have an episiotomy tear.

Free health care... I guess you get what you pay for. I didn't have that. I had insurance through my husband. So, it doesn't matter. I still get treated like **&(*&^% .

Marian Perera
06-11-2008, 03:06 AM
OK, here's a funnier story. This happened in Dubai, when I was having medical tests to qualify me for immigration to Canada. I needed a chest X-ray, so I put on a gown and went into the X-ray room.

The technician said that I needed to have the gown off, and my bare boobs pressed to the X-ray machine-plate-thingy. I was a bit surprised, but I did as she said, and put my hands on the backs of my hips in the correct position.

Then she said, "You need to have your hair up or it'll interfere with the X-ray."

"I have a scrunchy in my jacket pocket," I said, so she retrieved it and came over, stood behind me and put my hair up. I was still a bit confused, but I got the X-ray done and went off.

Later on one of my friends pointed out to me that X-rays are perfectly capable of traveling through hair, because vets would find it very difficult to X-ray animals otherwise. Then I saw the technician's helpfulness in a somewhat different light.

stormie
06-11-2008, 03:10 AM
Male or female tech, Queen?! Or perhaps....
ETA: just reread it. Female. Hmmmm.... Ooo-kay.

dolores haze
06-11-2008, 03:15 AM
I think we all deserve some chocolate!

http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/PRO1228.jpg

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 03:17 AM
Ever been felt up by an 70 year old male free teen clinic doctor?

I didn't have health insurance, so was seeing a doc at a local teen clinic - I was in my early 20's....anywho, I'm laid out on the table in my gown, there for a pap and who knows what else, can't really remember, and he happily demonstrated the wrong way to self exam my breasts......I almost died. He then went on to show me the correct way. I wasn't sure if that was his way of feeling me up, or if it was his sense of humor. Ick.

stormie
06-11-2008, 03:29 AM
Thanks, Dolores! Yum! Better pass that quickly to Jennifer. (70 yr. old. Male. Wrong way to self exam. Ugh!)

jannawrites
06-11-2008, 03:39 AM
... And if this thread is still active after my appointment, I'll let you know how it goes....

*gasp!* If?

Dolores, I agree. If I can just make myself be more assertive...

Queen, I've heard horror stories about health care in Canada. I hope it isn't all sucky.

Marian Perera
06-11-2008, 04:02 AM
Thanks, Dolores! Yum! Better pass that quickly to Jennifer. (70 yr. old. Male. Wrong way to self exam. Ugh!)

Hey, wait till you hear about the door-to-door breast exam guy (http://wjz.com/watercooler/WFOR.TV.Miami.2.266463.html)...

Silver King
06-11-2008, 04:22 AM
I went to a proctologist the other day, and the son of a bitch shoved his--

Oops, wrong thread. :D

Which reminds of a friend who fell in love with his female proctologist. He kept going back to her for the silliest reasons, until she realized he just liked to be felt up.

She finally put her foot down and told him to never return.

The following day, he was back again, complaining of "blockage."

She told him to leave, but then became concerned by his obvious pain.

She had him bend over and reached in to find a long stemmed red rose. Then another, and another and another until a dozen roses had been retrieved.

She said, "You're sick. Now get the hell out of my office before I call security."

The man, still bent over, said, "But I love you! It's all spelled out in the card if you'll take the trouble to find it..."

stormie
06-11-2008, 04:46 AM
Okay, S.K.--you're a great mod. Now go away! :D

Queen-- I read that story from your link. Ugh! I really, really can't believe there are women who'd fall for that. Probably thought (delusionally) that he was some kindly country-type doctor who made house calls. From the last century. There's a fool born every minute.

Silver King
06-11-2008, 04:55 AM
Okay, S.K.--you're a great mod. Now go away! :D
Aw, man, now I know where I'm not wanted. You mean even my corny jokes aren't welcome? :cry:

I like the part about "great mod" though, so I'll make believe that's true. :)

stormie
06-11-2008, 05:00 AM
Silver, read your rep. ;)

Eskimo1990
06-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Ugh!!
I don't know why I'm letting this bug me so much!
I was 'involved' with this guy for a long time. A year..give or take some months.
While we were 'involved' he still had a girlfriend. Well it's complicated and I'm not getting into much details about it. Anyways.
Now he's saying he never cared about me.
I know that's not true...but it pisses me off so much. Ugh I need chocolate and a hug.

Mandy-Jane
06-11-2008, 07:53 AM
:Hug2:

Eskimo1990
06-11-2008, 08:10 AM
Thanks Mandy :) :Hug2:

Tink
06-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Um'k, I have a rant this morning...Last night hubby and I are talking about his job right and he had to be taken to the doc. the other day to get a sliver of steel out of his eye (he is ok now) and anyway the Secretary is the one who had to drive him to the eye doc. Now we have known woman for about five yrs. and I have always liked her. She is a cut up and alot of fun and she and my hubby is always cuttin' up w/each other but I think they took it too far on the drive to the eye-doc. Hubby gets in truck w/her and immediately turns to her and tells her to find a deserted gravel road out in country and she replies w/she'd have to go get a fifth of whiskey first and then all HA HA HA!!!
My husband tells me all this last night and I am greatful for his honesty but I am not grateful for the way they were joking around and when I told him my feelings 'bout it he actually got mad at me!!! Why? What did I do wrong? Was I suppose to be all "Oh, you are so sweet and wonderful for telling me you propositioned another woman even if it was all suppose to be in innocent fun...." Anybody got any advice? Did I mess up for expressing my true feelings about it 'cuz now he won't be so honest w/me or did I do the right thing?

stormie
06-11-2008, 05:44 PM
He married you; you have every right to be jealous. Tell him you love his honesty and you love him, but don't like what he did. He might be mad because he's embarrassed and realized his mistake (of what he said to her) maybe?

Tink
06-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Thnx, Stormie, I did tell him that and even wound up apologizing (how the h#&$ did that happen)to him as if I was the one in the wrong...and I hope u r right but I think he started thinking 'bout it and realized that maybe the sec. would wind up saying something to me 'bout it (all in fun of course, yeah right!) and he thought he'd tell me 1st so he wouldn't seem like he did anything wrong...but I could be wrong about that too so I don't know-maybe I am makin' too much out of it and jumping to all the wrong conclusions...

...but it feels good knowing that I can come here w/it :) Thnx again JW for startin' this thread.

StoryG27
06-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Tink, I'm glad you were able to talk it over with your husband.

On the doctor exam stories, I grew up in a tiny town and there was one doctor and I had to go to him to get my physical for my release to play school sports. Um, I almost didn't play sports the next year because I didn't want to go through that again. My mom took me to a doctor about 50 miles away and I received a real physical, and then and only then did I realize how terrible our small town doc was. Gets better, just last year, I heard he was arrested, practicing without a license, he never had one. Wasn't even a real doctor. Had all of us fooled. He practiced 22 years in that town.

Tink
06-11-2008, 06:10 PM
OMG, did he get in trouble (the fake doc) or what? That gives me the creeps and I am not even the one who had to endure him....

dolores haze
06-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Me and my hubby work through these situations by trying to put ourselves in each other's positions. Things become clearer then.

Like, for instance, the time he went to a bachelor party in Vegas and they all ended up at a strip club getting lap dances. The fact that he came home and told me about it made him think that everything was above board and quite OK. He wasn't trying to hide anything from me after all. When I asked him if it was then OK for me to deposit myself in the lap of a stange man and give him the lap dance treatment, he changed his mind on how appropriate his actions had been.

Tink
06-11-2008, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE]Me and my hubby work through these situations by trying to put ourselves in each other's positions. Things become clearer then. I ask him how he would feel if I did the same thing and at first he was like..."I don't know, wouldn't bother me if it was in fun" but then this morning he agreed that he wouldn't like it all if I did that...HUMMM, Go figure????!!!!!

Like, for instance, the time he went to a bachelor party in Vegas and they all ended up at a strip club getting lap dances. The fact that he came home and told me about it made him think that everything was above board and quite OK. He wasn't trying to hide anything from me after all. When I asked him if it was then OK for me to deposit myself in the lap of a stange man and give him the lap dance treatment, he changed his mind on how appropriate his actions had been Exactly, it as if they are honest w/us then the slate is wiped clean or something but really it doesn't work that way in my mind. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful that he was honest w/me and I don't want him to stop being honest but I wonder...What Would He Have Done if ole' gal secretary would have headed out to the country?????????????????????????????????

StoryG27
06-11-2008, 06:17 PM
OMG, did he get in trouble (the fake doc) or what? That gives me the creeps and I am not even the one who had to endure him....
Oh yeah. He's in prison now. And the really sad thing, the so-called physical I got from him, well, I was only 12 years old. Here's more unsettling news, the guy I dated my freshman year in HS, his parents made him go to that doc all the time, and he had some weird and disturbing stories from that doc too. I think the doc was a sick, sick man.

Tink
06-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Man that is a totally scary story...I went to a doc when I was 18 for a pap/pelvic exam (I was married at 18) anyway I had been having pain during intamacy and I ask the doc what could be causing it and he told me..._____________(I will pm u and tell u the rest, may be a little TMI for everyone to see.

StoryG27
06-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Man that is a totally scary story...I went to a doc when I was 18 for a pap/pelvic exam (I was married at 18) anyway I had been having pain during intamacy and I ask the doc what could be causing it and he told me..._____________(I will pm u and tell u the rest, may be a little TMI for everyone to see.
Hmm. Now I'm intrigued.

I was also married at 18 and had a real doc! Woo-hoo. He said my pain was hubby's fault. I thought so too. There's wasn't much we could do 'bout mine. :)

Tink
06-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Hmm. Now I'm intrigued. I sent u a pm too...:)

I was also married at 18 and had a real doc! Woo-hoo. He said my pain was hubby's fault. I thought so too. There's wasn't much we could do 'bout mine. :)No, guess u couldn't. I never did find out what was causing mine, may have been the same reason as yours but who knows since I had such a wonderful, caring, imforming doc...NOT!!!

StoryG27
06-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Yes, wonderful doc indeed. *she said sarcastically*

I remember when I was 7 months pregnant and started bleeding. I was terrified. Sobbing the whole way to the hospital (and I don't sob). I didn't want to lose my baby. The nurses at the hospital were wonderful as they got me and the baby hooked up to all sorts of monitors then examined me. Turned out that was hubby's fault too! You should have seen him when they said what had caused my bleeding, he was sitting in a chair in the corner of the room, shoulders hunched, slouching, eyes fixed on floor, looking very VERY guilty. The nurses kept giving him dirty looks then giggling about it with me later. We were just torturing him, just because we could, because it was funny, and because I needed to laugh, even if it was at his expense. He's such a good sport. LOL!

Tink
06-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Yes, wonderful doc indeed. *she said sarcastically*

I remember when I was 7 months pregnant and started bleeding. I was terrified. Sobbing the whole way to the hospital (and I don't sob). I didn't want to lose my baby. The nurses at the hospital were wonderful as they got me and the baby hooked up to all sorts of monitors then examined me. Turned out that was hubby's fault too! You should have seen him when they said what had caused my bleeding, he was sitting in a chair in the corner of the room, shoulders hunched, slouching, eyes fixed on floor, looking very VERY guilty. The nurses kept giving him dirty looks then giggling about it with me later. We were just torturing him, just because we could, because it was funny, and because I needed to laugh, even if it was at his expense. He's such a good sport. LOL!Poor, poor fellow...:( :)

StoryG27
06-11-2008, 06:59 PM
What Would He Have Done if ole' gal secretary would have headed out to the country?????????????????????????????????
Oh, I beg of you. . .Don't let your mind go there. It will do nothing but torture you and NO good will ever come of it.

He loves you. He has always been faithful (I'm assuming) and they didn't go to the country, so focus on what works, what is good.

melaniehoo
06-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Why didn't I say "Yes, it DOES frickin' hurt." Why did I keep going to the doctor who was far too busy and important to actually listen to me? Ladies - we gotta do better!

I had a lot of grief with my current doctor when I first started seeing her over a year ago. I had to bring my husband along because we couldn't understand each other, and any time I'd make a noise she'd tell him that American women are delicate. Mexican women don't complain and just get whatever they need over with. B!tch.

Tink
06-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Oh, I beg of you. . .Don't let your mind go there. It will do nothing but torture you and NO good will ever come of it.

He loves you. He has always been faithful (I'm assuming) and they didn't go to the country, so focus on what works, what is good.LOL thnx you actually made me laugh with this one...I understand exactly what u r saying here and u r right, if I don't put the brakes on the crazy thoughts I am going to be makin' a road trip to hubby's job and havin' a little heart to heart with the secretary...and I won't be asking her to do any filing for me:D *evil grin slowly crosses my face*

*shakes head firmly in negative manner and chants* "Must think nice thoughts, must think nice thoughts, must think nice thoughts..."

Tink
06-11-2008, 07:07 PM
I had a lot of grief with my current doctor when I first started seeing her over a year ago. I had to bring my husband along because we couldn't understand each other, and any time I'd make a noise she'd tell him that American women are delicate. Mexican women don't complain and just get whatever they need over with. B!tch.:ROFL:

ACEnders
06-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Okay, I've got something for this thread now!

I can't stand my sister-in-law! I have two actually. One I love to death and the other one is the most selfish, self-serving, thoughtless, snotty, attention grabbing, label loving, arrogant person I've ever met. Seriously.

She likes to use people. In fact, she's only nice to you if it has absolutely no affect to her or if she wants something. For some reason her parents choose to believe her lies, and my husband goes through phases where he can't stand her and where he wants to be good friends and hang out.

Right now he's in his good friends phase, and I'm irritated!

Okay. Vent done. :)

StoryG27
06-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Keep yourself busy until he re-enters the can't stand her phase. It sucks and I can empathize, but there's really nothing productive you can do. . .except come here and bitch and moan to people who care and understand, like us!

Tink
06-11-2008, 07:46 PM
I understand about the bi&c%# sis-in-law, but TG, she is out of our lives finally after 20 some-odd years, my bro. got some good sense and kicked her to the curb (Huurrraayyy!!) Now, get this and its great for me, he is w/my best girl-friend in the whole wide world....I am luvin' it!!!

And since I am done braggin' (sorry, just couldn't keep the good fortune to myself) I agree w/SG. She is right, don't waste your energy on her...I did that for way too many yrs. and all I manage to do was become estranged from my bro. for a few yrs. until (Bless his sweet heart) he got some sense and seen through all of the bulls&!% too...

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Um'k, I have a rant this morning...Last night hubby and I are talking about his job right and he had to be taken to the doc. the other day to get a sliver of steel out of his eye (he is ok now) and anyway the Secretary is the one who had to drive him to the eye doc. Now we have known woman for about five yrs. and I have always liked her. She is a cut up and alot of fun and she and my hubby is always cuttin' up w/each other but I think they took it too far on the drive to the eye-doc. Hubby gets in truck w/her and immediately turns to her and tells her to find a deserted gravel road out in country and she replies w/she'd have to go get a fifth of whiskey first and then all HA HA HA!!!
My husband tells me all this last night and I am greatful for his honesty but I am not grateful for the way they were joking around and when I told him my feelings 'bout it he actually got mad at me!!! Why? What did I do wrong? Was I suppose to be all "Oh, you are so sweet and wonderful for telling me you propositioned another woman even if it was all suppose to be in innocent fun...." Anybody got any advice? Did I mess up for expressing my true feelings about it 'cuz now he won't be so honest w/me or did I do the right thing?

I too have had to deal with the brutal honesty that comes from a close/long term relationship. Sometimes its welcome, other times it's absolute bullshizznit. Take the "at least he tells me" approach and you'll be fine. It's small potatoes. I'm not saying not to keep an eye on woman/bizznitch, in fact, if and when u see her next, mention that he mentioned....let her know u are in the loop and keeping your eyes wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open. No harm no foul.

I on the otherhand....found great comfort in beer chips dip and pizza last night. :) Feeling much better today. Right now.

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Me and my hubby work through these situations by trying to put ourselves in each other's positions. Things become clearer then.

True true. Goes back to the treat others the way.....u know the rest.

ACEnders
06-11-2008, 08:08 PM
I had a lot of grief with my current doctor when I first started seeing her over a year ago. I had to bring my husband along because we couldn't understand each other, and any time I'd make a noise she'd tell him that American women are delicate. Mexican women don't complain and just get whatever they need over with. B!tch.

I'm sorry, this made me laugh! Not because what she said was funny but because my doctor is German, and I cannot understand her! I go see her today, actually. Damnit. I hate it. I get all anxiety ridden the entire day I have to to the girlie doctor.

Anyway, she's German with a heavy accent. I like her because she very fast and efficient, not too much talking with her head between my legs. But I pray every time I go that nothing's wrong because if there is, I won't be able to understand her enough to find out what it is!

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 08:11 PM
I ask the doc what could be causing it and he told me..._____________(I will pm u and tell u the rest, may be a little TMI for everyone to see.

I'll get the popcorn!!! Tell tell tell!!!

StoryG27
06-11-2008, 08:14 PM
You really should tell 'em. It's terrible and funny all at once. If the Girlie Thread isn't the place for TMI, then where is? Right?

Tink
06-11-2008, 08:14 PM
[quote=jennifer75;2436971]I too have had to deal with the brutal honesty that comes from a close/long term relationship. Sometimes its welcome, other times it's absolute bullshizznit. Take the "at least he tells me" approach and you'll be fine. It's small potatoes. I'm not saying not to keep an eye on woman/bizznitch, in fact, if and when u see her next, mention that he mentioned....let her know u are in the loop and keeping your eyes wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open. No harm no foul.
Great Advice and I will follow it to the letter...Thank YOU :) :Hug2:

I on the otherhand....found great comfort in beer chips dip and pizza last night. :) Feeling much better today. Right now.
Oh that sounds great, let me know next time and if u don't mind I will join you...or at least I can have the same here while u have it there, K? And then we can have a real b!t#&-fest or just talk about something fun and forget all of the bullshizznit for (at least) one evening. :D

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 08:17 PM
[quote]

Oh that sounds great, let me know next time and if u don't mind I will join you...or at least I can have the same here while u have it there, K? And then we can have a real b!t#&-fest or just talk about something fun and forget all of the bullshizznit for (at least) one evening. :D

Woohooo totally for it! I do it quite often though, so if your figure is a major concern, don't follow my practices hehehe. I burp too.

Kidding. Or am I?

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 08:22 PM
you know what really pisses me off? when quotes don't work in AW. hehehe.

Tink
06-11-2008, 08:24 PM
You really should tell 'em. It's terrible and funny all at once. If the Girlie Thread isn't the place for TMI, then where is? Right?
Ok..........here goes..........The doc. said after I asked him why was I having pain during sex........."You have it way up in the air working it too hard." And then he patted my naked rump, laughed, stood-up, removed his gloves and walked out of the exam. room. I was still in the danged stirrups left totally confused, embarressed and pi$$ed off at the same time. I never went back to him again...

Tink
06-11-2008, 08:25 PM
[quote=Tink;2437031]

Woohooo totally for it! I do it quite often though, so if your figure is a major concern, don't follow my practices hehehe. I burp too.

Kidding. Or am I?I ain't kidding, I do burp---loud if I am alone or with others (depending on who the others are that is) ohhh and as far as the figure goes I am pretty good shape so I can indulge once in awhile...........

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Ok..........here goes..........he said after I asked him why was I having pain during sex........."You have it way up in the air working it too hard." And then he patted my naked rump, laughed, stood-up, removed his gloves and walked out of the exam. room. I was still in the danged stirrups left totally confused, embarressed and pi$$ed off at the same time. I never went back to him again...

Ok, maybe it's the all the beer from last night, but I totally don't get it. It? His thing? Huh?

StoryG27
06-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Tink, just don't hate me if, on other threads, we bump into each other and I accuse you of "working it too hard." :D

Tink
06-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Ok, maybe it's the all the beer from last night, but I totally don't get it. It? His thing? Huh? :oIt meaning My thing...that I was way too active in the intimacy dept.----

Tink
06-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Tink, just don't hate me if, on other threads, we bump into each other and I accuse you of "working it too hard." :D
I could never hate u sg, u r great...but if anyone should refer to it, I will just tell them that I have been at the gym alot lately, u know, gettin' in shape for bathing suit season and all....;)

ACEnders
06-11-2008, 08:35 PM
:oIt meaning My thing...that I was way too active in the intimacy dept.----

You mean someone can be too active? ;)

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 08:36 PM
LOL.

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Sex is good. Sex is your friend.

ACEnders
06-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Sex is good. Sex is your friend.

Sex is much more than my friend... :)

Tink
06-11-2008, 08:50 PM
This is in response to the above post made by Jennifer75- AMEN-SISTER-FRIEND!!!!!

Tink
06-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Sex is much more than my friend... :)...ok they made me tell- what? Do not tell us it is your enemy? LOL :)

Susie
06-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Question: If girls are called girlies, why aren't boys called boylies?

Please discuss.

:)

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Funny, you'd think the topic would have the boys runnin in to this thread....they must be in the soop up your engine thread......oh wait do I hear something.....

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Nope, it's Susie! Welcome! We're talkin sex.

Remember George Michael's "I want your sex" when that came out it was so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. And I was little, like elem. school age and was prohibited from watching the video.....what was the big deal???

And remember...
Sex is natural - sex is good
Not everybody does it
But everybody should

Kitrianna
06-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Back then, scantily clad women on television was scandalous!

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Oh the good ole days.

Tink
06-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Question: If girls are called girlies, why aren't boys called boylies?:roll::ROFL::ROFL:

Please discuss.

:)Sounds right to me, a little mean, but still right...:D

Kitrianna
06-11-2008, 09:14 PM
I'm happy today...Kthrok bought me a new T-shirt. It has a picture of Stewie and it says "Obey Me!". He even found it. Gotta love a man who knows the rules :tongue.

Tink
06-11-2008, 09:15 PM
[quote=jennifer75;2437216]Nope, it's Susie! Welcome! We're talkin sex.

Remember George Michael's "I want your sex" when that came out it was so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. And I was little, like elem. school age and was prohibited from watching the video.....what was the big deal???
I remember it and I thought he was one of the hottest men on TV 'til someone had to go and ruin it for me and tell me that he prefers other men and not girlies...:(

And remember...
Sex is natural - sex is good
Not everybody does it
But everybody should]May i please use your little poem from time to time? :)

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 09:16 PM
I feel the need for a sugar fix coming on strong.

Tink
06-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm happy today...Kthrok bought me a new T-shirt. It has a picture of Stewie and it says "Obey Me!". He even found it. Gotta love a man who knows the rules :tongue.Completely and totally agree w/that but I don't know any that understand and/or follows the rules...:(

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Of course!

Yea finding him in the restroom with another man must have been quite traumatic.

Kitrianna
06-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Completely and totally agree w/that but I don't know any that understand and/or follows the rules...:(

You don't just find them hon...they must be trained! It's takin' me 12 years to get him this good.

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Yea ..... 8 years almost and he's almost, I repeat ALMOST seeing the light.

Kitrianna
06-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Just hold out a bit longer...he'll come around or you'll kill him. Either way, your misery will be over :tongue.

Tink
06-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Ok 14 years and He is a weeeeeeee bit better than he used to...I guess I just wound up w/one stubborn cowboy who is set in his ways and won't change for nobody but me a weeeeeeee bit of the time. ;)

Tink
06-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Just hold out a bit longer...he'll come around or you'll kill him. Either way, your misery will be over :tongue.:roll::ROFL::roll:...*clearing throat and wiping smile from face* I would have never thought of that, never, really, honest, I wouldn't have....:D

Kitrianna
06-11-2008, 09:30 PM
It's not a matter of him changing Tink. It's a matter of, damn I hate to say it this way but it's true, *ahem* manipulating *ahem* him into doing things until it becomes second nature to him. God I hope Kthrok doesn't decide to read this one tomorrow morning or I'll never get another spanking for the rest of my life.

Tink
06-11-2008, 09:43 PM
It's not a matter of him changing Tink. It's a matter of, damn I hate to say it this way but it's true, *ahem* manipulating *ahem* him into doing things until it becomes second nature to him. God I hope Kthrok doesn't decide to read this one tomorrow morning or I'll never get another spanking for the rest of my life.So thats how its done, humm, interesting indeed...gettin' the spanking part is what I am referring to...:D

Kitrianna
06-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah, well I like to be spanked. There's nothing wrong with that!

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Yowsers!!!! Ladies!!!! Keep it clean!!!! The men will hear! Oh wait...

Kitrianna
06-11-2008, 09:48 PM
We'll just scare them away again. Talk about periods and stuff. That's enough to make most of them run for the hills!

Tink
06-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Yowsers!!!! Ladies!!!! Keep it clean!!!! The men will hear! Oh wait...I wasn't talkin' dirty, honest to goodness, I was just curious as to how u get a good clean spankin' :D

Tink
06-11-2008, 09:52 PM
We'll just scare them away again. Talk about periods and stuff. That's enough to make most of them run for the hills!Hmmm, well lets see, I just completed my cyclone and it was a rough one, heavy and crampy and moody and all of the PMSing symptoms u could imagine...:(

Kitrianna
I don't know how to get a good CLEAN spanking...

Kitrianna
I hate you Tink. Mine will be here just in time for my birthday....i think

Tink
06-11-2008, 09:57 PM
I hate you Tink. Mine will be here just in time for my birthday....i think:cry:Oh, gee, sorry...I hate that!!!

Hey that reminds me, my b-day (40th btw) will be here 13 days and I won't be bothered with the cursed curse that day so I am gonna' throw down (partay that is) and have a blast...
:partyguy: til the sun comes up........

Kitrianna
06-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Number 32 for me...a week from Sunday. Number 11 for my eldest daughter on Sunday.

Tink
06-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Listen ladies it has been real and fun and enlightening visit w/ya today but I have to go get some other stuff done...ya have fun and remember to keep it clean...NOT!!! :D

p.s. wander where JW's been today??? haven't seen her 'round 'tatall...

Tink
06-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Number 32 for me...a week from Sunday. Number 11 for my eldest daughter on Sunday.Well, Happy B-Day to both of ya early...enjoy.

Kitrianna
06-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Later Tink and Thanks!

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Can I ask a BC question? Those on the pill, which do you use/prefer and why? Anybody on that jasmin thing? How's that treatin ya? I have been off the pill for about oh, 4 or 5 years, I believe my son was 2 when I finally got off and started relying solely on condoms. Well, I stopped use of the pill because I hated the responsibility part of always having to pop one daily, I forgot to take them often, and was doubling up and hating life all too often because of it. I also swore it made me fatter than I was comfortable with, and moody. Now, off it for so long, I have horrible ovulations - I put on 5 pounds every month, I am extremely uncomfortable for a week before my period, then I get my period...it's not fair. I am truely comfortable and happy with my body for about one week out of the month. AND, not to mention, condoms are gross and sometimes an extreme turnoff for both of us. I'm pretty regular, I average a 29 day cycle, and usually can rely on that method, and usually am pretty aware of my feelings and why I have them in relation to my cycle.

Advice?

Kitrianna
06-11-2008, 10:12 PM
I flatout refused to take the pill after it was used to dissolve a cyst when I was younger and I'm allergic to almost everything so condoms were out of the question. So after three progressively more difficult pregnancies, I decided to take extreme measures and have a tubal. So I can't say if any of it is any good, except for the tubal..nothing to worry about taking or putting on, unfortunately it's probably extreme for what you're looking for.

StoryG27
06-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Wish I had some advice. I have terrible periods. My doc wants to put me on BC because of 'em, but I say, nope. I'll live. Hubby didn't get a vasectomy for me to start taking the pill. :D

Kitrianna
06-11-2008, 10:19 PM
I was just thinking...Jennifer you are a genius! This topic should definitely scare the guys out of here! Especially the V word that storygirl used :tongue

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 10:23 PM
I know, wait till I tell'em that Shingles is a form of Herpes. That ought to scare them away.

Kitrianna
06-11-2008, 10:26 PM
A recurring form at that! And that if a woman has a coldsore and gives them oral sex they can get genital herpes (it works both ways, but most women don't beg for it daily).

StoryG27
06-11-2008, 10:33 PM
*snert* Funny ladies.

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Ok, the H word is gonna scare me away from this thread! ;)

Joycecwilliams
06-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Yeah, well I like to be spanked. There's nothing wrong with that!

I agree with you.. there is nothing wrong with it...

jennifer75
06-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Ta Ta gals. Back for more later. Keep the boys out.

Kitrianna
06-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Later Jen!

Joycecwilliams
06-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Wish I had some advice. I have terrible periods. My doc wants to put me on BC because of 'em, but I say, nope. I'll live. Hubby didn't get a vasectomy for me to start taking the pill. :D

Story girl... I had really awful periods. I bleed 21 days a month. The bc pills helped...

However I was then put on hormones... (whore moans) but went off of them.. I was going to get an Endometrial ablation but my period stopped and never returned.. :)

Kitrianna
06-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Ok, girlies. I'm outtie for a couple of hours. This comp is starting to screw up and it's almost Kthrok's lunchtime (good thing cause I'm starving!), so I'll talk at ya later!