Sun worshiping hypocrite

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
i just came back from about 3-4 hours out in the sun. once i was out there i just couldnt control myself, just swam, and read*, and relaxed.

this is despite the fact that i have been telling everyone for years about the dangers of tanning and especially the danger of getting premature wrinkles.

avoiding wrinkles is probably the number one concern in my life.

but i have a really nice healthy glow so i dunno about this.

maybe it's better to look good now even if it means i end up looking like an alligator purse in 10 years.

i've never been more confused in my life.

*please note that i was not reading novels or autobiographies or anything like that.

just comic books.

dont want people to get confused there.

Last edited:

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
if you saw me right now, you'd think:

that's a really nice healthy glow you got there, bravo. let's skip the exchanging numbers thing and just hop into bed.

trust me.

it's that good.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
There are self-tanners out there that will give you the glow without the risk. Your skin will thank you.

Cthulhu

Prince of Slumberland
Registered
Reaction score
Well, a healthy glow and a little bit of hypocrisy should be absolutely great for your personal life!

Most people have an unhealthy fondness for hypocrites. Something about "character flaws". I guess those must be nice to have.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
HA! All you sun bathers out there, enjoy the wrinkles and send me your address. I'd like to sell your skin to Gucci when it's one big pucker.

ToT is vain and avoids wrinkles at all costs

Little Earthquake

I'm melting!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
smoochagator.com
Here's my thing, as I contemplate visiting the tanning bed again: I, too, am vain and would like to avoid wrinkles. But I am ALSO vain and would like to disguise cellulite and spider-veins on my legs as much as possible. Gosh durn it!

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
There are self-tanners out there that will give you the glow without the risk. Your skin will thank you.

yeah i hear girls dont really want to be reminded about oranges while making out with you.

and part of the thing about sun tanning is that it just feels good.

really good.

Cthulhu

Prince of Slumberland
Registered
Reaction score
yeah i hear girls dont really want to be reminded about oranges while making out with you.

and part of the thing about sun tanning is that it just feels good.

really good.
The worst things in life always feel the best.

ETA: One of my friends tans like an orange naturally. It's kind of really bizarre.

Smiling Ted

Ah-HA!
Registered
Reaction score
avoiding wrinkles is probably the number one concern in my life.

but i have a really nice healthy glow so i dunno about this.

maybe it's better to look good now even if it means i end up looking like an alligator purse in 10 years.

i've never been more confused in my life.

Life is hard for you.

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
...and part of the thing about sun tanning is that it just feels good.
really good.

So slap on a light slathering of sunscreen and enjoy! You'll still get a little glow and lessen the chance of wrinkles. Plus, ain't there Vitamin D or something in sunshine?

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
So slap on a light slathering of sunscreen and enjoy! You'll still get a little glow and lessen the chance of wrinkles. Plus, ain't there Vitamin D or something in sunshine?

Yes a lot of Vitamin D from the sun..

I don't like sunbathing, but I love swimming and being outdoors. Last summer I was REALLY tan. Tanner than I ever was in my life. However I did notice that some wrinkles deepened. UgH..

The good news is because I hate sunbathing... my skin is less wrinkled than most people my age.. I always get taken for being much younger... However this summer I am getting a higher number sunscreen...

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whether or not your skin has any exposure to the sun, the skin loses elasticity with age. Not much can be done outside of modern medical treatments that will make you look like Joan Rivers (I'd rather look like Sam Elliott). Each new wrinkle represents additional time above the soil--something to celebrate. And being wrinkled or wrinkle-less isn't the deal breaker in getting into the sack y'all think it is. In fact, all those wrinkles in the cerebral cortex (sulci and gyri) may be a more powerful tool in that regard.

Me? I plan on having that glow (internal as well as external) until my time is up, and maybe as I get more wrinkles, they'll add in a little irridescence to the luminescence. That'll hold until the cataracts kick in...

I forgot the most important part. Each new external wrinkle hones one of the internal ones that specialize in rationalization.

Last edited:

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
I just don't like the feeling of coming out of general anesthetic after having major skin cancers removed. It's happened three times now. I also have them cut out at regular intervals. You see, I've got cheap pommie skin which might be fine in a city of constant rain like Manchester, but has suffered from living thirteen years just two degrees from the equator. I'm also allergic to pain and wouldn't wish my half-cut-away nose on anyone else (the cancer had to be scraped off the bone). So please be careful, all of you.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
OldTan.jpg

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
Back in the days of old... only peasants had tans, since they were the ones working out in the fields. Royalty was always pale white.

I had to tell my daughter this, because she is so white.. I am fair and so is my husband my daughter is like a whiter shade of pale. Five minutes in the sun with a high number sun screen and she burns.

She was feeling bad about being so white...

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
The sun is great to sit out in...if you want to feel like a baked potato! Gah! I don't know how you people do it. Yes I've tried it, see aformentioned vegetable reference. I go out in the sun and do stuff, with SPF 70 sunscreen. No, I don't care about wrinkles. Sunburn hurts like a b**ch!