How do you find happiness?

twnkltoz

Registered
Reaction score
What is your favorite way to make yourself happy?

Mine is to spend time with animals...my horse, my puppy, my cat.

FTJoshua

What's a narrative engine?!
Registered
Reaction score
Watching terrible movies or old standbys. Just checking out for a couple of hours with them as a backdrop. PS-1 video games sometimes, like Worms or Metal Gear.

My problem is if I'm not happy, I generally don't *try* to cheer myself up; I just ride it. Should prolly re-examine that... :)

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Happiness is wierd. How does one feel when he/she's happy? Are they relaxed? Are they well fed? Are they financially stable? Have they just been l@yed? How does happy feel? Is it a hug? A kiss? A paycheck? A promise? A vacation? What equals HAPPY?

I feel relaxed, I feel full, I feel loved, I feel excited, I feel relieved, I feel satisfied, are those the same as feeling HAPPY? When do you know that what you are feeling, is HAPPY?

And what causes you to feel happy? I think that HAPPY isn't the right way to describe an persons emotion. Personally.

Does HAPPY just sum up all of the other things? And do you have to feel all the other things, in order to feel happy?

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
If I'm feeling down, watching some old B/W Classic movie and eating something I shouldn't makes me feel better. I find happiness knowing my family is ok, sharing time with my animals & friends and spending time in the wilderness.:)

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It is so incredibly context-dependent there is no way to answer outside of a discussion of specific instances, which are too numerous and varied to list here.

dianeP

Registered
Reaction score
Usually, any peaceful, quiet moment I'll feel happy. More specifically, when I go out camping and hiking. I love the smell, sounds and feel of being in the mountains.

Then again, there are these odd little moments of total contentment that seem to come from nowhere. Like when I find myself alone in my messy kitchen making myself a toast and I just suddenly feel the urge to smile for no particular reason.

Mike Martyn

Registered
Reaction score
How do you find happiness?

Turn left at end of the frozen food isle.

RJK

Sheriff Bullwinkle the Poet says:
Registered
Reaction score
do something for a stranger that makes him happy.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
I just look around me, and it's usually right there.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
To quote "Michael" -- "I am a grass roller."

Go outside, kick off the sandals and feel the grass. Look up and feel the sun. Close my eyes and wait for the tinkling sounds of the ice cream man to appear from around the corner.

Now, to fix a funk? Or a "nothing's going right" day? -- RJK is right on. Do something nice for a stranger. By lunch for the guy behind you in line. Hand the check out girl 20 bucks to cover the couple of things the old lady in line behind you at the grocery store is buying. Don't say anything about it, just do it.

It may seem to make no sense at all, but it can straighten out your day.

Disa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
disawylde.wordpress.com
When I need to "find" happiness, I go to a rock concert. To me happiness means being joyful. A lot of life is so monotonous and there are times when it takes the sound of a double bass drum to shake the monotony out of me and to make me to feel alive again. After that, I'm real happy- for a long time. Come to think of it I might need one right now :)

If I'm just feeling down or I am in need of peace, I like to watch uplifting movies.

P.S. Jennifer...happiness is that dancing snoopy in your signature :)