PDA

View Full Version : How do you find happiness?

twnkltoz
06-09-2008, 03:31 AM
What is your favorite way to make yourself happy?

Mine is to spend time with animals...my horse, my puppy, my cat.

FTJoshua
06-09-2008, 04:53 AM
Watching terrible movies or old standbys. Just checking out for a couple of hours with them as a backdrop. PS-1 video games sometimes, like Worms or Metal Gear.

My problem is if I'm not happy, I generally don't *try* to cheer myself up; I just ride it. Should prolly re-examine that... :)

jennifer75
06-09-2008, 05:10 AM
Happiness is wierd. How does one feel when he/she's happy? Are they relaxed? Are they well fed? Are they financially stable? Have they just been l@yed? How does happy feel? Is it a hug? A kiss? A paycheck? A promise? A vacation? What equals HAPPY?

I feel relaxed, I feel full, I feel loved, I feel excited, I feel relieved, I feel satisfied, are those the same as feeling HAPPY? When do you know that what you are feeling, is HAPPY?

And what causes you to feel happy? I think that HAPPY isn't the right way to describe an persons emotion. Personally.

Does HAPPY just sum up all of the other things? And do you have to feel all the other things, in order to feel happy?

HeronW
06-10-2008, 04:57 AM
Cooking, cuddling with partner or cats, reading, dancing...

joyce
06-10-2008, 05:04 AM
If I'm feeling down, watching some old B/W Classic movie and eating something I shouldn't makes me feel better. I find happiness knowing my family is ok, sharing time with my animals & friends and spending time in the wilderness.:)

NeuroFizz
06-10-2008, 10:10 AM
It is so incredibly context-dependent there is no way to answer outside of a discussion of specific instances, which are too numerous and varied to list here.

dianeP
06-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Usually, any peaceful, quiet moment I'll feel happy. More specifically, when I go out camping and hiking. I love the smell, sounds and feel of being in the mountains.

Then again, there are these odd little moments of total contentment that seem to come from nowhere. Like when I find myself alone in my messy kitchen making myself a toast and I just suddenly feel the urge to smile for no particular reason.

Mike Martyn
06-10-2008, 05:49 PM
How do you find happiness?

Turn left at end of the frozen food isle.

RJK
06-10-2008, 07:11 PM
do something for a stranger that makes him happy.

JimmyB27
06-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Have you tried down the back of the sofa?

Kathie Freeman
06-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Read a good book.

twnkltoz
06-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Great responses!

IceCreamEmpress
06-10-2008, 09:07 PM
I just look around me, and it's usually right there.

Williebee
06-10-2008, 09:07 PM
To quote "Michael" -- "I am a grass roller."

Go outside, kick off the sandals and feel the grass. Look up and feel the sun. Close my eyes and wait for the tinkling sounds of the ice cream man to appear from around the corner.

Now, to fix a funk? Or a "nothing's going right" day? -- RJK is right on. Do something nice for a stranger. By lunch for the guy behind you in line. Hand the check out girl 20 bucks to cover the couple of things the old lady in line behind you at the grocery store is buying. Don't say anything about it, just do it.

It may seem to make no sense at all, but it can straighten out your day.

stormie
06-10-2008, 10:02 PM
I had this long list I posted here, then deleted. I can't pinpoint what helps me find happiness. So many things do. I do know that while I'm writing, I keep AW open so that I can read posts. And that helps a lot in the happiness department.

Disa
06-11-2008, 04:05 AM
When I need to "find" happiness, I go to a rock concert. To me happiness means being joyful. A lot of life is so monotonous and there are times when it takes the sound of a double bass drum to shake the monotony out of me and to make me to feel alive again. After that, I'm real happy- for a long time. Come to think of it I might need one right now :)

If I'm just feeling down or I am in need of peace, I like to watch uplifting movies.

P.S. Jennifer...happiness is that dancing snoopy in your signature :)