Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Yep - it went from spring to mid-August!! :rant:

It was 95 yesterday. 96 today. It's supposed to be 98 tomorrow and all chock-full o' humidity.

The pool will be open tomorrow - does anyone know how long after an opening I can go swimming without frying the skin off my body?

And, how's YOUR weather!

**is that A/C on???**

Cthulhu

Prince of Slumberland
Registered
Reaction score
The weather's been the same here. Although it can't quite make its mind up - either unbearably hot and humid (in the 90s) or dumping rain on everything and still just as hot. I'm not sure which I prefer.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
It's hot. Very hot. Our pool has been open for a few weeks...have only gone during the last week when temps finally rose above 80, and now it's HOT. My therm showed 100 this afternoon.

Just SPF the friggin' heck out of your skin. I, apparently, missed that delicate area between shoulder and boobage, and now have a rim-of-the-armpit sunburn. :(

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
It's been in the upper 90s here for about a month, with 70-80% humidity. Today it's in the lower 90s and cloudy (it's almost rainy season) and I'm so excited! We only have AC in the bedroom so right now I have a fan one foot from me. I feel your pain.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Steamy here, too. I worked outside both today and Saturday and have to work outside tomorrow yet. Then I'm off until Monday.

Except I have to catch up on yard work. :cry:

jhtatroe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennifertatroe.com
It's chilly and wet here, with a high just over 60. It's looking to stay that way, if not a little bit colder, as far out as the weather report predicts. I probably wouldn't swap with you, but I do envy the start of summertime.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I knew it was going to be bad when, at 9AM yesterday morning, my husband looks at me, sweat beading his forehead, and says, "I'm putting the air on."

He holds out as looooong as possible to put on the AC. Even yesterday, he programmed the thermostat, and then his finger just kind of hovered above the system run button. It was like watching someone try to pull off a Band-Aid. Finally, he took a deep breath and hit the switch...

Thank <insert preferred supreme being here> for AC...

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Nope, you don't want to swap with J.C. and me. The heat's oppressive right now. You can't go outside without having trouble breathing after twenty minutes. (My fingers are crossed that the electricity doesn't kick out on us. I'm too used to air conditioning. Forget the beach on days like this. There isn't a breeze there, either.)
Passing the margaritas around to those who are over 21:

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
It's chilly and wet here, with a high just over 60. It's looking to stay that way, if not a little bit colder, as far out as the weather report predicts. I probably wouldn't swap with you, but I do envy the start of summertime.

I loved the mild Seattle weather. . .for about three months. Then I got over it. :D
I'll take heat over drizzle any day.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
I knew it was going to be bad when, at 9AM yesterday morning, my husband looks at me, sweat beading his forehead, and says, "I'm putting the air on."

He holds out as looooong as possible to put on the AC. Even yesterday, he programmed the thermostat, and then his finger just kind of hovered above the system run button. It was like watching someone try to pull off a Band-Aid. Finally, he took a deep breath and hit the switch...

Thank <insert preferred supreme being here> for AC...

We held out as long as possible but between the heat and menopause I broke down. I'm going to be crying when the bill comes because I know having the AC on will make my bill go up at least a hundred dollars. Now that it's on, it will probably be cranking at least through October. We didn't even really have a winter here.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're so cute, Jersey. My AC has been on for months.

My kids enjoyed the pool this weekend.

:D Texas is a little warmish this time of year.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
You're so cute, Jersey. My AC has been on for months.

My kids enjoyed the pool this weekend.

:D Texas is a little warmish this time of year.

Yep, so hot here in Florida. Today it rained a bit and thundered. We sure needed it. Soccer, when can Mr. Susie and I come over and all of us go swimming? :)

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
It's been skirting 100 F for the last few days here in the mountains. No one's moving much, but it's hay-cutting time and the poor farmers are withering in the fields. Me? I'm at home, locked inside, trying desperately to get my on-again/off-again AC to work. I did venture out last night around 7PM and mow the lawn. It was only 80 then! I was a sweat-muffin when I got back inside. Cold shower. Cold meals. Dying impatients in the flower beds. BUT...it's supposed to move back down to the high eighties next week.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
Yep, so hot here in Florida. Today it rained a bit and thundered. We sure needed it. Soccer, when can Mr. Susie and I come over and all of us go swimming? :)

You got rain.....I'm so jealous. The weather man says we might get some tomorrow, if you can trust him. We are so dry here. We had all those fires a couple of weeks ago and I thought they'd never get them put out. Of course it didn't help that there was someone running around restarting them.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Sending good rain vibes to you, Joyce. Hope the fires didn't do any damage. That's scary. We had rain for about a half hour and that was it... Every little bit helps, that's for sure. Wishing you rain and only good things. Everyone who needs it, also!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes it's hot! It's sticky, steamy, stick to your chair hot. I got like 4 hours of sleep last night.

Cthulhu

Prince of Slumberland
Registered
Reaction score
Of course it didn't help that there was someone running around restarting them.
Oh...you mean that wasn't helpful? I'll have to reevaluate next time I try to help out the firemen. ;) (Just kidding of course. Glad the fires got put out.)

I think I'm going to become nocturnal if the weather keeps on being what it has been. It feels so wonderful outside now that the sun has been done for an hour or so.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
AZ Dawn and I are in the heat.

Arizona tends to be that way.
Yes, the A/C is on.