William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
NEW YORK - Presidential candidates John McCain and Barack Obama rejected an offer by Mayor Michael Bloomberg and ABC News to host the first general election town hall meeting because they do not want it limited to one network, their campaigns said Sunday.

McCain, the presumptive Republican nominee, had asked his Democratic counterpart last week to join him in 10 meetings with voters in the coming months, and campaign managers for both sides had agreed in spirit to schedule some type of joint appearances.

But the campaigns said no to a formal offer outlined in a letter from Bloomberg and ABC on Sunday envisioning a 90-minute primetime broadcast moderated by Diane Sawyer to kick off the town hall series in New York City. The campaigns said the candidates intend to make the town hall meetings open for broadcast on all television networks or on the internet, rather than sponsored by a single network or news organization.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/2008/view.bg?articleid=1099476

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
and kudos to the boston herald for needing nothing more than their headline to prove that the media is both incapable and unworthy of being an effective filter between the people and the campaigns:

Obama, McCain say no to Bloomberg, ABC town hall meetibg

By Associated Press
Sunday, June 8, 2008 - Added 2h ago

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
and kudos to the boston herald for needing nothing more than their headline to prove that the media is both incapable and unworthy of being an effective filter between the people and the campaigns:

Obama, McCain say no to Bloomberg, ABC town hall meetibg

By Associated Press
Sunday, June 8, 2008 - Added 2h ago

That's AP for you. I call it All Propaganda. It's the worst yellow journalistic, no substance news outlet out there, making the National Enquirer look positively honorable.

Takvah

Not a D list ego massager...
Registered
Reaction score
In a rush to "get it out there", spelling and grammar have gone to hell.

6 hours and still no correction.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
My understanding is that for all of these Town Hall meetings, Obama's answers will be carried only on MSNBC, McCain's answers will be carried only on FOX, and the other networks will have Hillary and Nader swapping war stories.

Last edited:

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
My understanding is that for all of these Town Hall meetings, Obama's answers will be carried only on MSNBC, McCain's answers will be carried only on FOX, and the other networks will have Hillary and Nader swapping war stories.

Update::::: Nader is still going door to door an Hawaii looking for signatures to get him on the ballot, Ollie North will co-host war stories with Mrs.Clinton in Naders place......

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
I know there are people here that absolutely won't agree with this,BUT, it is my very humble opinion that we have two of the most decent people in politics competing for this office, and you'd be hard pressed to say that about both presidential candidates going back for sometime.
I wouldn't mind at all to see the loser offered a position of prominence in either administration. Though reality tells me that their opposing views on the war would pre-empt that discussion..

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I know there are people here that absolutely won't agree with this,BUT, it is my very humble opinion that we have two of the most decent people in politics competing for this office, and you'd be hard pressed to say that about both presidential candidates going back for sometime.

I agree completely, and I've said as much, on several occasions (including before it was clear that Hillary Clinton would not be the Dem nominee). We'll see and here lots of crap about (and from) both of these candidates and their campaign people over the next five months, because that's the way the electoral game is played. But the standard of judgment is higher this year than it has been in the last several elections. My god, after all, we only expected GWB to be able to walk and smile at the same time, and we were happy with that.

caw

Status
Not open for further replies.