Walking the Wicklow Way for a good cause

Susan Lanigan

Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]Greetings fellow writers:

If it is inappropriate to post this here, moderators please feel free to delete.

I am putting out a fundraising appeal by email, the boards etc This will be of more interest to people in Ireland, particularly in the east, but if you are interested please feel free to have a look and spread good thoughts :)

During the first week of August (starting July 31st) I will be walking the entire length of the Wicklow Way (www.wicklowway.com for more info) in order to raise funds for Pieta House (www.pieta.ie). This is from Marlay Park in the north (in Dublin suburbs) to Clonegal, Co Carlow in the south, a distance of 110km over 6-7 days.

Link to my fundraising webpage here:
http://www.mycharity.ie/event/susan_lanigans_event/

Pieta House is a charitable organisation which provides emergency counselling for those in danger of self-harm, suicide, or mental health problems. It is based in Lucan, Co Dublin, and counselling is free. You can drop in if you need to as well, directions on the website. I'm fine now, but there were times in my life when I would have been grateful for such an organisation - particularly as we deal very inadequately with mental health in this country. I was particularly inspired by this programme about a taxi driver, John Quinn, who tragically lost his son to suicide and now acts as an informal counsellor to people in that situation and does work for Pieta House.

It is possible to make donations via the webpage, anonymously too if preferred. I just want to spread the good word so please forward or link if you think anyone might be interested.

Thanks for reading - I'm getting excited about this walk as it's the longest one I've ever done. I'm in training now!

Thanks to all of you and have a nice day

Susan
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
I ADORE the Wicklow Way. Some of the most gorgeous scenery anywhere. And weirdness of weirds, one of my very best friends lives in Lucan.

I wish I could be there for such fantastic event. Here's hoping you don't get rained on...too much!

Susan Lanigan

Registered
Reaction score
Weather's been very fine recently, actually, though god knows what it will be like by August - back to status as usual I suppose :)