We're OFF - to the ends of the earth!

nancy sv

30 months on a bicycle...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.familyonbikes.com
This is it - we're off!! We actually fly out on Sunday, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get back here tomorrow with all the last minute preparations, so I thought I'd say goodbye tonight.

For those of you who don't know - we are taking off to ride our bikes from Alaska to Argentina. It's just the four of us - me, my husband, and our 10-year-old twin boys. You can read about our journey at www.familyonbikes.org

I'm really, really, really nervous about getting on the plane - that tandem box is so big! I've spent hours and hours on the phone talking with travel agents and the airline customer service reps and they assure me the bike can go on - but I won't believe it until it's actually on there. And we've also got a whole bucketful of flights to get up there, so I hope nothing gets lost or damaged in transit.

Anyway, if you would send up prayers and good thoughts on Sunday and Monday while we're in transit, I'd really appreciate it!

Once we leave here, we will be totally out of contact with the world until we arrive in Fairbanks around the last week in June. We'll post to our blog to let people know we've arrived as soon as we arrive. You can follow along with us at www.familyonbikes.org/blog

Happy Trails!!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
May blessings flow each mile of your trip, health be your best buddy, and angels be all about you for security. May your encounters be only of the best kind.
You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love to you all.

Susan Lanigan

Registered
Reaction score
Wow! The very best of luck to you and your family Nancy.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Trails, Nancy! I'll certainly be following your blog!

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! We leave home in 27 hours - not to return again for 2 1/2 years!!

Wow! Who gets to cut the grass when you get back?

Seriously, sounds like a wonderful adventure. I'll follow your journey from the air-conditioned comfort of my office. All the best. You and your family will be in my prayers - I don't know about the whole 2 1/2 years, but from time to time.

Tim

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Soooo cool. 2.5 years is a long time!!! I wish you well on the start of your trip and I'll be checking in to read your blog as well!

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
What an amazing adventure for you and your family. Stay safe, learn a lot, have much fun, and check in with us whenever you can.

And don't forget to turn off the iron when you leave the house.