PDA

View Full Version : A huge THANK YOU!

Steve_N_Lee
06-06-2008, 07:03 PM
What feels like an age ago, many of you were kind enough to help with research for my suspense thriller. Well, not only is ‘What if...?’ now published, but there’s a European production company interested in the movie rights.

I'm hoping to thank most of you by posting this in all the forums I sought help, but I know I'll miss some people as my original drive got fried so I lost everything I’d copied and pasted. Luckily, I found a hard copy of a file just the other day to be able to post these names now. My apologies to those I miss out.

So, without further ado, I’d like to thank –

(Drum roll, please...)

ColoradoGuy
Liam Jackson
Jenan Mac
Alleycat
Katiemac
Valkyrie
The Grift
JanDarby
Parkinsonsd
ideagirl
Jamesaritchie
Markesq
Callalily61
Nancy Mehl
James Buchanan
Jclarkdawe
Rabe
Tsu Dho Nimh
RobD7
Sean D. Schafer
Stace001
Fern
Shweta
Carol
Richard White
johnnysannie
Jake
Pomegranite
Scribhneoir
LeslieB
Spookywriter
Histry Nerd
Ned
Roger J. Carlson
III
Farfromfearless
AZBobby
Atthebeach
Plot Device
Nuoddo
Medievalits
Judg
Nateskate
Midnightmuse
Veinglory
BruceJ
Skylarburris
Tiger
Perks
Tallymark
TheIT
Insulinboy
Elodie-Caroline
Awatkins
Inkwench
Cattywampus
gp101
civilian chic

I’ve also got the definitive answer to an age-old question that keeps popping up on these boards – using other people’s song lyrics.

I wanted to use some Pink Floyd lyrics, so approached Roger Waters (the lyricist of the track in question) and described my book, including telling him of the themes running throughout that explored ecological and humanitarian issues, subjects I knew he was passionate about, too. Lo and behold he said yes! You can imagine how thrilled I was.

Thanks, you guys. I wouldn’t have come so far without you.
Good luck with your own projects,

Steve
P.S. There’s a post about the possible movie adaptation on my blog, if anyone’s interested - http://www.lionsledbysheep.com/2008/03/24/environmental-suspense-thriller-%e2%80%98what-if%e2%80%99-to-become-movie/ (http://www.lionsledbysheep.com/2008/03/24/environmental-suspense-thriller-%e2%80%98what-if%e2%80%99-to-become-movie/)

P.P.S. In case you're curious, here’s ‘What if...?’ in a nutshell - During the U.S. Presidential election, a disillusioned journalist and a charismatic healer embark on a crusade to bring equality and prosperity to the whole world. This thrusts them into a life or death struggle with corporate America, organized crime, and even the White House which all fear losing their power.
“Deftly and intriguingly written, ‘What if…?’ is a thriller that fans of other novels such as ‘The DaVinci Code’ will relish. Highly recommended to thriller fans everywhere and should enjoy a spot on every fiction thrillers shelf.” Midwest Book Review.