How Long Does It Take?

Smiling Ted

Ah-HA!
Registered
Reaction score
When you meet someone for the first time, how long does it take you to know that you'd like to see more of that person romantically?

Is it immediate? Does he/she grow on you over time? Do you ever change your mind?

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it would be a second, but I'm married and Mr. Susie frowns on me meeting anyone for a romantic rendevouz. :D

Last edited:

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
When you meet someone for the first time, how long does it take you to know that you'd like to see more of that person romantically?

Is it immediate? Does he/she grow on you over time? Do you ever change your mind?

I am a believer in love at first sight... I think when you meet someone you know if you're interested in them.

I'll use my two husbands for an example.

#1 husband - I knew him when we were young, his aunt lived next door to me, however he lived in Ohio and I lived in NJ.. When I 18 I went to visit his aunt who had moved back to Ohio. (she was like a second mother to me). He was there all grown up, and I liked him... but not romantically. We dated and eventually I thought I loved him, but I didn't... I wanted a divorce shortly after we were married...

#2.. husband... I was working as a waitress and he was a chef... I took one look at him and said to myself "Stay away from this man, he is trouble." He of course lived up to prophecy. :)

Now I can't say I loved him at first sight... but I knew.... he was for me..

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
Funnily for me, the ones I want to see again are the ones that don't work out. It's like there's this physical attraction, but not really much else. When I met my husband, yeah I liked him, but there was none of this having to see him again straight away. I must admit though, it only took a couple of dates before I was fairly well hooked. And then it was like there was no-one else in the world.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
When I first met my husband, I tried to fix him up with someone else.

But yeah, in my heart of hearts, I was attracted to him. I just couldn't admit it. :)

soleary

Registered
Reaction score
I reserve love at first sight for the dogs in my life. I have found two great ones from the shelter, and I knew the second I laid eyes on them we were meant to be together. :)

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
I used to fall in lust at first sight but it took a lot longer for any lasting emotion. And it has lasted thirty-seven years.

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
I swear this is true...

The first time I layed eyes on my husband, I heard a voice in my head that said, "This is the man you will marry."

I was so freaked out by the voice, and I was sooo not interested in a serious relationship, and the fact I felt (and still do after 25 years of marriage) that John was(is) out of my league (the man is drop dead gorgeous AND the model of integrity!). I spent the next three years nervously avoiding him--He'd come over to my friend's house and I'd fly out the door tripping over my own feet in my haste to escape his notice. And when he did start to "court" me, I refused to take him seriously at first.

I tease him and say the reason he was interested in me was because I was the only woman who ever ran away from him. Everyone else, he had to beat off with a stick.

I still can't believe my good fortune. He really is the best thing to ever happen to me.

EM