Your Craziest "Top This" Story...

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
C'mon, let's gather round the AW bar and play a little bit of "top this." I'm going first, so I'll buy the first round.

See, I've never had a good, "tell a stranger at a bar" worthy story before. Not until last night. And it's really not even my story in a way. But I'm going to tell it... I am absolutely compelled to tell it...

Last night I go to my usual Wednesday night spot where everybody knows my name because I used to host the open mic there. Now I just go to show love, though I haven't been for the last few weeks.

The doorman--who everybody calls "Bear"--is relatively new; he's only been working at this club for a little over a month. He remembers me from the last time I was there. He sees me coming, checks my ID to confirm my name again and starts chuckling. He says something to the effect of "I can't believe I'm looking at the real Johnny Compton."

Baffled, but amused, I just say, "What?"

And then he tells me the story. About a year or so ago, Bear and his buddy--who apparently bears a resemblance to me--are arriving at Bear's apartments after a night out. As they step out of the car some guys with obvious ill-intentions basically come out of the shadows and start toward them. Bear and his buddy are wearing their jewelry and nice watches and they're driving a nice car, and they're both recognizing the signs of an impending robbery attempt.

Just before it goes down though, one of the would be robbers steps forth, looks at Bear's buddy and then tells his accomplices, "Wait, this is my boy Johnny Compton! We can't rob these guys! I know this fool!"

Bear's buddy wisely goes along with it, he and the robber briefly catch up on old times and promise to stay in touch, and presto, robbery averted.

Now... you have to understand, I am by no means a gangster. Not at all. I don't typically befriend gangsters either. I'm friends with a few knuckleheads, sure, and I've known a few legitimate thugs, but I've never been pals with one. But it would seem that this would-be-mugger at least thought we were good enough friends for him to spare me from being robbed (though we must not have been close enough for him to remember what I really look like).

I'm sitting here this morning still laughing about it, trying to figure out who the hell this cat could be.

But seriously... how cool is that? As if I needed an ego boost. I am now "Johnny Compton -He Who Shall Not Be Robbed." I'm going to start telling people that if you're ever being robbed you should drop my name. It might save your life. Or at least your wallet.

This is easily the craziest thing that never happened to me...

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Once, I had sex in a glass elevator.

I just wish I hadn't been alone...

You're not alone so long as you have a witness...

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
That is a crazy story Jcomp. I'm not sure if this tops it or not.

I was 7 months pregnant with my first child, my husband worked graveyards so I was home alone in this crappy neighborhood in a tiny studio home.

I woke up from a dead sleep and I hear male voices outside, at least three or four distinguishable voices. They rattle on my door. Then one says "Let's try the window."

I can hear them crunching the weeds down as they walk around the house and then they stop outside the window.

I slide off the bed, grab the rifle, it's a .247 and call 911, then my husband.

I'm in the furthest corner, scared to death, when the window starts to slide open and a man's head starts coming through the window.

I fired a bullet at the wall near his head to try and scare them off.

They all run away before my husband arrives, and then the police arrive twenty minutes later, this cop was on the next street over, how rediculous is that?

There was some blood outside and our next door neighbor shows up with a bandage on his arm, I had apparently shot him in the arm.

I stayed with my sister's the next night and he stayed home, they were stupid enough to try again. (Morons!) But he had an attack dog with us that went through the screen door after them.

The cop came back and asked why I wasn't there. My husband said I was spending the night at my sister's. He said "You know they're less likely to break in if she's here."

My husband responded "They could break in and rape her."

The cop replied "We could arrest them for that."

....yeah we moved three days later.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
"We could arrest them for that." ?!?!?!?!?!?! Are you friggin' kidding me! Wow, the compassion. I had a stalker once, he'd only come around when Hubby wasn't home. The one night I called the police 'cuz Stalker Man was on my porch, walking around my house, it took them an hour and twenty-seven minutes to get there, I believe.

Okay Johnny, let's hope I can drop your name if I'm ever mugged.

Rob. . .no.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
This wasn't me, but I know the guy it happened to. He was incredibly embarrassed by it, for obvious reasons. (SERIOUSLY, it was NOT me!)

My buddy meets a girl in class at college, they go out on their first date. They go to a great Mexican food restaurant. Then they go to a club, get fairly drunk, and start necking and they are getting along 'very well' and decide to take it back to her apartment to have some fun in bed. he lives in a dorm room with other guys, so she didn't want to go back there.
she tells him it's okay, because her roommate, Brenda, is out of town and not due back until the next day. So they can have fun without being interrupted.

about 3 a m., his stomach is bothering him (It's the Mexican food)and he gets up to go to the bathroom, because he needs to 'get rid' of some gas. His stomach is bubbling and he realizes it would be rude to let fly on their first date, and the first time they've been intimate.
He gets up to tiptoe into the bathroom, and she wakes up, asks where he's going. He tells her, 'to the bathroom'. She says O K, but to hurry because she needs to go too.

Now, he's worried, because he can't wait, but he doesn't want her to have to go in there after him and have to deal with 'his stinky hell', so he tells her that he'll wait. While she's in there, his stomach is cramping up horribly and he needs to let loose or he's gonna really be in trouble. He has an idea, and he walks down the hallway.

He makes sure she's not watching, and he opens the door to the roommates room, closes it quickly, leans over the desk braces himself with one hand on the desk and one hand on his stomach, and forces out a long, loud, blubbery, blustery unbelieveably foul and stinky one.

He finishes and hears a voice "Who the F*** are you and what the HELL are you doing in my room?' and then, 'Did you have to do that in here?'

Apparently Brenda the roommate had come home a day early.

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
Deja vous all over again. Didn't you tell this story in another thread?

Richard

soleary

Registered
Reaction score
I almost ran over Liza Minelli with a golf cart at Madison Square Garden. Confused the brake with the gas pedal. Even with two newly replaced hips, she dove out of the way just in the nick of time.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I almost ran over Liza Minelli with a golf cart at Madison Square Garden. Confused the brake with the gas pedal. Even with two newly replaced hips, she dove out of the way just in the nick of time.

wow! Did you zag (with a 'z') to get out of the way? LOL

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score

Were you on the way to a cabaret?

Richard

soleary

Registered
Reaction score
It was a private event for an insurance company, New York Life. I was in charge of getting 5 African elephants, a dog show and 4 brown bears up the back ramp and onto the stage on time. I was late and flying around the corner. She was smoking a Marlboro red pack. Until, that is, it flew out of her mouth during the leap.

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
It was a private event for an insurance company, New York Life. I was in charge of getting 5 African elephants, a dog show and 4 brown bears up the back ramp and onto the stage on time. I was late and flying around the corner. She was smoking a Marlboro red pack. Until, that is, it flew out of her mouth during the leap.

An elephant, dog and brown bear show. I think I saw one of those in Tiajuana once.

Richard

soleary

Registered
Reaction score
It was truly fascinating. The elephants were trained to go to the bathroom on command. Oh, and elephants can't see the bears or they stampede.

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
. The elephants were trained to go to the bathroom on command.

I once had a boss who owned a convertable car. I sure could have used one of those trained elephants then.

Richard

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
He finishes and hears a voice "Who the F*** are you and what the HELL are you doing in my room?' and then, 'Did you have to do that in here?'

Apparently Brenda the roommate had come home a day early.

And thus endeth the warning lesson: Do not eat Mexican food on a first date.