Animation station

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
What's your favourite animated film of all time, and why? If you can't narrow it down to one, just list your top three.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, top three, because I can't narrow it down:

1. Finding Nemo -- I just love the message in this one, and it's fun, too.

2. Beauty and the Beast -- Belle just rocks because she likes to read.

3. Shrek -- The very first one. You can't beat it.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
1) The Incredibles -- Simply Brilliant. Gets better everytime I see it

2) Lion King -- One of the groundbreaking firsts in terms of being a hit across all age groups and showing that you could tell a powerful story and still be a cartoon.

3) Ninja Scroll -- Incredible Japanese Anime (No animation list is complete without at least 1 anime)

4) Shrek -- Love the modern take on old ideas. Fresh, fun, and groundbreaking in it's own right.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Sword and the Stone - my favorite as a child and still my favorite
Shrek II - saw this movie before I saw Shrek. Even after seeing the original, still prefer this one.
Wizards - haven't seen it since it was released, but lots of good memories. Maybe it was the pot.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ninja Scroll - It's just awesome. It is the best ninja movie ever, easy.

Monsters Inc. - Hilarious and heartwarming without coming off as sappy.

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - It's Batman! Plus the story is great, even if the animation is lacking.

The Incredibles - Great action and overall entertainment.

Princess Mononoke - A beautiful movie, and my favorite from Hayao Miyazaki (who is a genius), just ahead of Spirited Away and Nausicaä.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I suppose I should tell you mine. I love The Incredibles, The Iron Giant, and Finding Nemo (cuz Ellen and Albert are geniuses of comedy).

I also liked all the Shreks a lot. So much fun.

ETA: Anyone who loves animation and a great story but hasn't seen The Iron Giant should definitely check it out. It's a fabulous movie.

Last edited:

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
Miyazaki is fantastic. I think my three anime movies would be Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
The Secret of NIHM - Beautifully animated, a moving story. The music was amazing. Don Bluth rocks.

The Land Before Time - See reasons above.

Peter Pan (Disney's) - I love Peter Pan, and I could watch this movie over and over and over....

Last edited:

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Yahoo users were asked to pick the top 30. All three of mine are on the list, but it reminded me of others I love a lot, too. I used to love The Little Mermaid, until I had to watch it one million times with my daughter. It didn't quite hold up like Monsters, Inc., and Nemo did, even though we watched both of those a lot, too. Anyway, here's the list. Oh, and when I made my list, I forgot Toy Story. I honestly do think it's one of the best.

http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movies/Kung-Fu-Panda/1809826133/photos/358/9268/#info

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
That Yahoo list, I forgot about Aladdin. I wonder if they should differentiate that some of those are chick flick cartoons? I'd never include Mulan, Little Mermaid, or whatnot on my list.
The Land Before Time - See reasons above.
Yes, the first LBT was great. Then my oldest son want to watch LBT2, LBT3, LBT4, LBT5, LBT6 ... please stop!

I think he outgrew it before we reached LTB9.

Last edited:

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Yes, the first LBT was great. Then my oldest son want to watch LBT2, LBT3, LBT4, LBT5, LBT6 ... please stop!

I think he outgrew it before we reached LTB9.

All of eight years old when it first came out, I was so overwhelmed with joy that Littlefoot finally found his grandparents that I crawled into my mom's lap and started sobbing.

:eek:

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Spirited Away

Mononoke

Grave of the Fireflies

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
*thinks hard*

I think Spirited Away is my top pick. I watch it all the time and don't get tired of it. No, wait--Ratatouille is my favorite animated movie of all time, but just by a whisker. Spirited Away is second. Both those movies are pretty much perfect to my mind--gorgeous, artistic animation and backgrounds, great writing, great story, appealing main characters, excellent voicework and music, and a fascinating exploration of strange worlds.

As for third, I absolutely can't choose. I guess I'll pick Gundam Wing just because I'm such a fangirl, not because it's inherently any better than all the other favorites on my list.

Hollan

Stage name = Chainsaw Sally
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dreambyday-hollan.blogspot.com
Great thread ^_^

Mononoke Hime. One of the best movies of all time. Miyazaki at his best, IMO.

Beauty and the Beast. An awesome Disney movie. I still cry at the end.

Gundam Wing Endless Waltz. Um, giant fighting robots? A movie with the G-boys? I'm there!

The Nightmare Before Christmas. For the goth in me. I love Jack.

Teen Titans Trouble in Tokyo. I love TT. It's so much fun. Plus we finally get to see Robin in something besides his bodysuit.

Vampire Hunter D. I love him so much it's kind of embarrassing. His hand is hilarious.

Unico, both movies. This introduced me to anime, and I still love them.

WannabeWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Finding Nemo and Monsters, Inc. are two that come to mind.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
The Secret of NIHM - Beautifully animated, a moving story. The music was amazing. Don Bluth rocks.

I feel soooo ashamed.

HOw in god's green earth could i have forgotten to add The Secret of NIHM to the list.

That movie is pure magic. way ahead of its time. Especially for a Western animation.

I feel so ashamed. Can you ever forgive me?

Mel...

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I feel soooo ashamed.

HOw in god's green earth could i have forgotten to add The Secret of NIHM to the list.

That movie is pure magic. way ahead of its time. Especially for a Western animation.

Mel...
I am also ashamed to have left out The Secret of NIMH. Wonderful story and beautiful animation. In that same vein, ahead of its time and all that, remember The Rescuers? That one had it all, and Bob Newhart!

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
I am also ashamed to have left out The Secret of NIMH. Wonderful story and beautiful animation. In that same vein, ahead of its time and all that, remember The Rescuers? That one had it all, and Bob Newhart!

I loved The Rescuers. It was a great story. We also loved to watch Robin Hood by Disney over and over again when we were little.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I feel soooo ashamed.

Mel...

I'm feeling generous today. You're forgiven. :D

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
A lot of you picked anime. I've never in my life watched a full-length anime movie. Am I missing something?