PDA

View Full Version : Confabulation!

writin52
06-05-2008, 03:24 PM
I will be doing book signings tomorrow and Saturday at two different local venues as one of the authors in a short story anthology called "Confabulation". We were not paid in cash for our work, but purchasers of the books got voting slips in the book and depending on these votes prizes varying from a weekend at a Muskoka resort to dinners for two at various local eateries. Six of my stories were chosen to be included. My first book event!!!!Only I would choose to sew a dress for the occasion, as if excitement wasn't stress enough.:snoopy::Sun:

KTC
06-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Ooh! Muskoka. That would be a nice win... one of my favourite places. Good luck with the voting and have a great signing!

Saundra Julian
06-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Sound like a fun time, congratulations!

JJ Cooper
06-06-2008, 02:12 AM
Enjoy the event.

JJ

Little Red Barn
06-06-2008, 02:15 AM
Congrats and that is so cool you would sew a dress, a wonderful lost art, almost. :)

Susie
06-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Way2go and hope you win!

darby
06-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Congratulations and good luck, but most of all, have fun!

writin52
06-06-2008, 11:24 PM
What a pain!!!!:poke: the signings got cancelled because the books never made it from the publishers in time. There I was dressed to the nines in my new dress and no place to go!:cry: and no advance warning of the cancellation either! Tentatively rescheduled for next Friday and Saturday, same times, same places. This next time I'm calling Grand and Toy FIRST before I go all the way down there.One good thing, now have time to make the nice short purple jacket I'd planned to go with the dress!:Sun: