Grrrr!

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
I am so sick of getting stupid, time-wasting, emails about things that no-one really cares about, with notes on the end about how you have to send them onto 10 people to show them you care and how much you really love them and all that crap, which of course you delete, and THEN, not 20 minutes later, you get the exact same stupid, time-wasting email from someone else who got it the same time you originally did!

Why don't they just look at the distribution list and see that you've already got it?

Or even better, why don't they just NOT SEND THEM!

Have people got nothing better to do?

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
a local newspaper in my area runs something similar, each week.
It's a paragraph-length prayer.
If you recite it and your prayer comes true you have to have the ad reprinted, at a cost of $25.
So consider yourself lucky, Mandy.
At least you don't have to pay for those emails you're getting ;-)

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
I was checking my spam folder last night for a message I was missing and saw the subject line
Turn Your Sausage Into a Bratwurst

Funniest spam subject line I've ever seen.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I'm hatin' those plus the ones that threaten dire circumstance if you don't send them on to everyone in your address list... add the ones trying to sway your vote in the presidential election... sheesh! People! Check your facts before you forward that crap! Snopes isn't difficult to use!

And if my sister-in-law sends me one more 'Come to the Catholic side... let me save you!' email...

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I always delete 'cute' emails. I don't care who sends them. I tell them too. I hate forwards. I never once responded to them. I find people get the message eventually.

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
Anything forwarded (unless it's from my hubby) gets deleted unread. I told my friend I won't read anything forwarded, so she deletes the FW from the subject line and sends them anyway. :p

I loves my "Delete" key. In fact, I want a "delete key" for all the other things that annoy the crap out of me.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I tell everyone I know that I'm happy to get any of those chain mail things if they contain something they think I'd enjoy or should see, but to please not expect that I'll 'pass it on'. If I forward any of those ever, I always delete the pass-it-on imperative.

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
I think my firewall must get rid of such things. I don't get them. Or is it that I don't have any friends? (But if that's what happens when you have friends, perhaps I don't want any).

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I loathe those kinds of emails. It doesn't matter how many times I have told my MIL that I do not open FW: emails, she still sends them! Over and over and over. But I have a preview pane and even if I don't "open" them, I do see them as I am deleting them. The angels, the puppies, the kittens, the angels with puppies and kittens, the dire warnings of some horrific outcome if you do (or don't do) something, I hate all of it. Especially the ones that insist that you MUST pass it on. Even worse: The ones that say you have to pass it on AND send it back to the person who sent it to you! What? So they can check to see if I forwarded their forwarded email? Yeah - not gonna happen any time soon.

B-O-R-E-D-O-M

That's the only thing I can imagine that could be behind all that garbage.

Last edited:

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Heh, my mom once got offended when I told her I deleted all her e-mails unread, because she sends me 20+ chain letters every time she opens her mail (which isn't that often, but still). She was all offended at me, but after I said it, about 3 other people came forward and confessed they didn't read her chain letters either.

She still hasn't gotten the hint.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, I hate those two, and what's even worse are the forwarded text messages. I usually just delete them without sending them on. I told my mom she could quit sending them, and she said, "Well, it said to send it to everyone you know."

I told her to take a walk on the wild side and not do as she was told. LOL. She didn't get the hint either.