When life throws lemons at you, draw smiley faces on them

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
Now some would say that I'm a glutton for punishment and maybe that's true. A couple of hours ago, I was foolish. I let people upset me for no reason other than they could, but I'm over it. People are entitled to their opinions and there is no law that says that I have to agree with them or that they're right. And before you ask what the point of this all is, here it is in a nutshell.

Don't let life,or the people you encounter in that life, bring you down. It's too short for silly things like that.

Believe me I ought to know. I'm not supposed to be alive today, many times over. For me, not waking up tomorrow is a real possibility. Hey it's almost happened a couple times this week already. Just please guys, make time in your life for the important things- love, laughter, and your family. Tell the people you care about how you truly feel because you might not have another chance. Laugh as often as you can and have FUN whenever you can. A long life with many regrets is not a good life. So for everyone I might have scared into thinking that I might actually give up on my dreams, it ain't happening and I'm sorry (you should know if I'm talking to you). For those that may not like what I say/do or misinterpret my words here, I won't say that I'm sorry, not anymore. It's time I truly live by my own advice, so thank you to those who upset me tonight, you've opened my eyes to what I should really be worried about.

Fraulein

Spooks? Where are you?...
Registered
Reaction score
If I were to tell you, then that would be cheating
Excellent ideas and here I was stuck on lemonade...which I don't much care for. It's usually too sweet and I like the tang of lemon. I do however love smiley faces. Can ya tell?
Look! It's a happy lemon.

Happy-Lemon-104179.jpg

:tongue

Fraulein

Spooks? Where are you?...
Registered
Reaction score
If I were to tell you, then that would be cheating
I don't know. I read the title and figure the investigators of The Smiley Face killings would want to know about the OP.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24366804/

You can never be too careful with newbs.
If I was a guy, I'd be a detective. I love, love, love mysteries. I figure stuff out all the time, but I don't get any credit for it, because I work in health care as an intern.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Now some would say that I'm a glutton for punishment and maybe that's true. A couple of hours ago, I was foolish. I let people upset me for no reason other than they could, but I'm over it. People are entitled to their opinions and there is no law that says that I have to agree with them or that they're right...
Here's some advice that might help you.

When addressing a large group of people, such as those who frequent this forum, expect to hear differing views about how best to remedy what's troubling you. Try not to be too defensive in your responses, nor should you embrace too fervently only those who agree with you. When you truly seek advice, you'll want to weigh all sides of an argument, even the positions you disdain, to arrive at an objective resolution that best suits your needs.

Also, if you're going to start a discussion about feeling uncomfortable when men stare at you in public, then share images of your likeness during the course of that thread for thousands more to view, and invite your husband to join AW to extol your physical attributes, you should know that it calls into question your original intentions in the first place. That some folks called you on it was a given, regardless of how you tried to spin it otherwise.

Sometimes, it's not so much how life throws lemons at us, but how we tend to toss them into the air ourselves and forget they'll fall on our heads eventually.

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Can we combine lemon with chocolate anything? :) Hope you keep well, Kitrianna.

Doberge cake! Yummy. It originated in New Orleans. 1/2 the cake is lemon, 1/2 chocolate. The layers are cut thin, with filling between. Wish I knew how to link other sites - I can't even use the multiple quotes.

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
Here's some advice that might help you.

When addressing a large group of people, such as those who frequent this forum, expect to hear differing views about how best to remedy what's troubling you. Try not to be too defensive in your responses, nor should you embrace too fervently only those who agree with you. When you truly seek advice, you'll want to weigh all sides of an argument, even the positions you disdain, to arrive at an objective resolution that best suits your needs.

Also, if you're going to start a discussion about feeling uncomfortable when men stare at you in public, then share images of your likeness during the course of that thread for thousands more to view, and invite your husband to join AW to extol your physical attributes, you should know that it calls into question your original intentions in the first place. That some folks called you on it was a given, regardless of how you tried to spin it otherwise.

Sometimes, it's not so much how life throws lemons at us, but how we tend to toss them into the air ourselves and forget they'll fall on our heads eventually.

Honestly Silver what I said about Kthrok is true. He posed the idea to me and I said go for it. Unfortunately today he was being stubborn and refusing to start his thread because "I don't want to flip around on the threads when I have to stand at a computer." Sorry, he's lazy like that sometimes and I was holding out the cards for the sitdown comps until he was at work (i have 9 hours to kill once he starts). So a little my fault, a lot his, but he has promised to do what he told me he would tomorrow (I will be at home with the kitties), so if he don't, give him hell, but make sure it's before noon. He starts work then:tongue.

As far as the pics go..I was asked to prove something and I was comfortable with the people, that makes a lot of difference. That and I didn't have to be present when they were staring. Leering stares only bother me in person. Yes, yes I'm strange...

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
alittlenerdy -

Where y'at! A fellow New Orleanian. Thanks for the link. One day you're gonna have to pass by and show me how to do that.

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
I decided to resurrect this thread just to say thank you to everyone who left such positive and heartwarming comments for me. They made my day! so thank you thank you thank you! The only thing will make my day better is if I can find that leather Maple Leafs hat that Kthrok wants...