PDA

View Full Version : Paranoid Much?

cookiehead
06-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Hi everyone: I feel completely insane...

I finally came up with *what I think* is a good idea. My research will involve contacting many writers. How do I know one of them won't steal my idea?

I guess my answer is: I don't know, but I need to get over it if I ever want to move ahead. I just want to know: Do any of you guys have this same fear?

Tish Davidson
06-04-2008, 10:54 PM
No, I don't. Ideas are cheap and non-exclusive. Many writers have the same idea at about the same time -- after all, we are all influenced by the same current events and trends. If only one book were written about any particular idea, we'd have a lot fewer books in the library. It's the slant and execution that make a book unique, not the idea. If you need to be paranoid about something, be paranoid about the quality of your writing, not whether some aspiring writer will steal your idea.

cookiehead
06-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Believe me... I am paranoid about that as well!

:)

K1P1
06-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Even if someone else stole your idea, their book would be entirely different from yours.

cookiehead
06-05-2008, 07:58 AM
I agree... I think I am over that whole hump. I guess I am just nervous about the book-writing process in general -- excited and nervous.

scope
06-05-2008, 08:41 AM
What choice do you have? If I understand you correctly the idea for your book revolves around you having to contact writers in order to write it. Maybe I don't understand.

cookiehead
06-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Exactly... there's nothing to understand. I am over it and ready to write!

tombookpub
06-07-2008, 05:57 AM
I agree... I think I am over that whole hump. I guess I am just nervous about the book-writing process in general -- excited and nervous.

What other concerns do you have? Maybe we can help! Let us know.