Book To Movie

Alice.S

just ate all your candy
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if this is already a post but....

If you could choose a book that hasn't been made into a movie or was made in to a movie, what book would it be. And if the movie was remade, what's the reason you didn't enjoy the movie?

I'm studying a book at school called RAW by Scott Monk, and I personaly think it would make a good movie.
I also think the books Seven Little Australians and Judy and Punch by Ethel Turner should be combined to make a movie. I know that Seven Little Australians was made into a movie in the 20's or 30's and there was a mini series in the 70's, I've seen both, and I don't like either there not like the book at all just losely based.

But I like seeing movies based on books I've read, it gives me someone else's view and helps if I didn't understand something in the book.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I'm still waiting for Confederacy of Dunces.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Oh. And as long as we are hanging wishes out to dry...

FRANNY & ZOOEY. I'd pay the whole ticket price just to see an enactment of the bathroom scene with Zooey and his mom. I can read that segment of the book over and over. It's almost a movie on the page.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
You heard about what? Is he doing it? I just thought that he would be a perfect person to do it. Is he?

Alice.S

just ate all your candy
Registered
Reaction score
yer, I heard Johnny Depp is playing the Mad Hatter

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Johnny Depp in a Tim Burton movie? Hmmm? That could actually work.

Alice.S

just ate all your candy
Registered
Reaction score
I think they should re-do the lemony snicket movie but all 13books

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Re-do Peter Straub's Ghost Story.

Alice.S

just ate all your candy
Registered
Reaction score
Re-do Peter Straub's Ghost Story.

I think they should re-do alot of movies from the 70/80's like Attic Flowers, I think it would be a better movie now and if it was more true to the book

Buddikins

Registered
Reaction score
Tim Burton doing Alice? Cool...
Mm I think the picture of Dorian Gray would make a good movie nowadays.
And Day of the Triffids (the original of which I can't find anywhere..)

Alice.S

just ate all your candy
Registered
Reaction score
Redo "Little House on the Prairie" Michael Landon basically just took the title and characters and did what he wanted with it.

I love that show..but yes it was totally off the books

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
I actually like the show but I've read the books so many times, for awhile I could quote passages to you not any more though, I couldn't seperate the books from the show. If he had called it something and named the characters differently I would probably be buying the series on DVD right now. But I just can't.

I love "Highway to Heaven." That was a great series too. It's like a forerunner of "Touched by an Angel" but better.

Hollan

Stage name = Chainsaw Sally
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dreambyday-hollan.blogspot.com
Mm I think the picture of Dorian Gray would make a good movie nowadays.

They are making a new The Picture of Dorian Grey, but it's not slated for release until 2009. I like their choice for Dorian ^_^

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1235124/

I'd love to see The Amulet of Samarkand become a movie, as long as they kept it close to the book.

amber_grosjean

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amberrigbygrosjean.blogspot.com
I would love to see my books on the big screen too! Cursed Blood and Stolen Identity. In fact, I'm doing some research now to make that happen. I have no idea how to make it happen but I will keep trying until it does. It took me 20 years to get published without giving up one single second and if that can come true why not this. Movies of books can actually help promote books plus the author makes money like Stephen King did.

I've seen a lot of movies that are books, some are nothing close and some are so close it gives you chills. I like a lot of different types so they're all good to me lol. Just wanted to put my 2 cents in lol. Thanks!

Amber

Aragon

Registered
Reaction score
I love action packed and would to see some of Richard Marchinko's books be made into movies. Not a lot of suave handling of anything in the books, but it is pure old school SEAL.

Darklite

Registered
Reaction score
I am almost always disappointed by book to screen adaptations. One exception is Fight Club, which stayed pretty close to the book, although I think the movie ending was better than the novel one. I distrust the movie industry so much though, I cringe at the thought Hollywood transferring any of my favourite books to film.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
First I'd like to see Dean Koontz's Watchers made into a PROPER movie, not the steaming pile of crap that was already made! That book was the best one he's written so far.
I'd also love to see David Eddings Belgariad series made into films. Maybe Peter Jackson can have a go when he's finished The Hobbit.