PDA

View Full Version : Now dig this - I posted a thread re throwing cellphones in water and ...

aspier
06-03-2008, 09:54 PM
... today my wife washed my son's pants and his one week old super expensive light weight cell phone was still in its pocket!!! Oh oh my god she said when she found when she hung up the pants on the washing line. Son comes home ... I told my wife to know nothing about it and to just iron the pants with the phone in it. I mean its so thin nobody would notice, etc. DONT SAY YOU WASHED IT - but of course, you know women! That idiotic honesty they always display ...

ahh, it was a nice day in this Patriarch's home today ... look at all the food we have in the fridge (in India, Africa and other far places they don't have that, have they?) I said to the family at supper and andded God is good for us. But nobody was interested. They are disbelievers, my whole family are. Heathens! And this b lood y modern cell phone communication trip ... why do they make the stuff so thin nowadays?

Shadow_Ferret
06-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Why would you NOT say anything?

I'd be using it as a learning point. "If I told you once, I've told you a thousand times, don't leave things in your pockets!"

Here's your phone. I'm not buying you a new one.

aspier
06-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Why would you NOT say anything?

I'd be using it as a learning point. "If I told you once, I've told you a thousand times, don't leave things in your pockets!"

Here's your phone. I'm not buying you a new one.

because I got this shady character and can predict storms in my household with the certainy of a precision watch + I am done with educating anybody. oh my poor wife! She got the full load.

dpaterso
06-03-2008, 10:24 PM
If you'd do the washing and ironing, maybe this wouldn't have happened!

Idiotic honesty?! Are you kidding me? I've never met anyone more cunning and sneaky than my other half. She's quite exciting that way.

-Derek

HeronW
06-03-2008, 10:28 PM
If the boy is old enough to have a cell phone and knows how to use it, he's old enough to know how to empty his pockets before putting his clothes in the laundry bin.

Shadow_Ferret
06-03-2008, 10:54 PM
If the boy is old enough to have a cell phone and knows how to use it, he's old enough to know how to empty his pockets before putting his clothes in the laundry bin.
I'm lucky. Mine still just leave rocks in their pockets.

The cellphones stay in their bookbags where they are hardly ever used even when we are trying to contact them.

soleary
06-03-2008, 11:39 PM
... today my wife washed my son's pants and his one week old super expensive light weight cell phone was still in its pocket!!! Oh oh my god she said when she found when she hung up the pants on the washing line. Son comes home ... I told my wife to know nothing about it and to just iron the pants with the phone in it. I mean its so thin nobody would notice, etc. DONT SAY YOU WASHED IT - but of course, you know women! That idiotic honesty they always display ...

ahh, it was a nice day in this Patriarch's home today ... look at all the food we have in the fridge (in India, Africa and other far places they don't have that, have they?) I said to the family at supper and andded God is good for us. But nobody was interested. They are disbelievers, my whole family are. Heathens! And this b lood y modern cell phone communication trip ... why do they make the stuff so thin nowadays?

Have you been drinking? I have, and still don't understand the "you know women" comment. And honesty is never idiotic -- lying is.

Do you really refer to yourself as a patriarch? That might be where you want to begin your journey to full awareness, light and love.

Jersey Chick
06-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Here's something that might salvage the phone

take the battery out - VERY important. It'll need to be replaced anyway
immerse the phone in a bowl of dry rice

there's something about putting the bowl on top of the tv, or someplace warm - I've heard of nuking it, but I don't know how long to zap it for.

Fingers
06-03-2008, 11:59 PM

there's something about putting the bowl on top of the tv, or someplace warm - I've heard of nuking it, but I don't know how long to zap it for.

Not being an electronics expert or anything, but Im pretty sure its a bad idea to put any electronic device in a microwave oven and nuke it. You would be putting many watts of microwave energy into a device not designed to have that done to it. If there was any chance of it working again before putting it in the microwave, I assure you that it wont be functional afterwards. Four years of working with microwave communications makes me think this would be so.

yer pal Brian

jhtatroe
06-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Maybe you're supposed to put the rice in the microwave pre-phone? Like warming up those sore muscle pillows.

Shadow_Ferrett - Hah! My seven-year-old leaves rocks in his pockets all the time. ALL of my clothes are stone-washed.

jennontheisland
06-04-2008, 12:12 AM

Hell, he's old enough to do his own laundry.

DWSTXS
06-04-2008, 12:15 AM
what's the deal with rocks in pockets?

aspier
06-04-2008, 12:18 AM

Hey Jersey Chick wow that's an idea! Thanks very helpful.

Jersey Chick
06-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Not being an electronics expert or anything, but Im pretty sure its a bad idea to put any electronic device in a microwave oven and nuke it. You would be putting many watts of microwave energy into a device not designed to have that done to it. If there was any chance of it working again before putting it in the microwave, I assure you that it wont be functional afterwards. Four years of working with microwave communications makes me think this would be so.

yer pal Brian

I have heard it, though - it's only for a second or two - but since I can't remember - no, I wouldn't recommend it either. I did find about putting it atop a tv set or something else that gets warm.

However, the rice will absorb the moisture and - in theory - salvage the phone.

Here's one link: http://www.ehow.com/how_2128758_dry-out-wet-cell-phone.html

aspier
06-04-2008, 12:20 AM
ah what etc.

aspier
06-04-2008, 12:21 AM

yer pal Brian

I read you, tnx.

aspier
06-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Maybe you're supposed to put the rice in the microwave pre-phone? Like warming up those sore muscle pillows.

Shadow_Ferrett - Hah! My seven-year-old leaves rocks in his pockets all the time. ALL of my clothes are stone-washed.

Smile ... ahh, women! Like rice pudding ... Wait till your son's starting to roll those rocks!

aspier
06-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Hell, he's old enough to do his own laundry.

Not at 29 he is!

Jersey Chick
06-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Better stone-washed than acid washed **shudders at memory**

aspier
06-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Better stone-washed than acid washed **shudders at memory**

bleached out

Shadow_Ferret
06-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Not at 29 he is!
Wait. Your son is 29 and his mom is still doing his laundry?

Maybe your wife destroyed his phone on purpose.

icerose
06-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Not at 29 he is!

He's 29 and can't do his own laundry and can't remove a cell phone from a pocket before it goes into the wash, then he blames his mother.

WildScribe
06-04-2008, 01:33 AM
He's 29 and can't do his own laundry and can't remove a cell phone from a pocket before it goes into the wash, then he blames his mother.

Yes.

Jersey Chick
06-04-2008, 01:35 AM
I've been doing my own laundry since I was 14 - can't tell you how many things I've left in the pockets - chapsticks, lighters, money. Chapsticks survive the wash, but the dryer's murder on them. Leaves shiny spots on everything else as well. :D