JAlpha

Smilie Fanatic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
diaryofaliteraryfictioneditor.blogspot.com
My Fellow Poets,

In the three short weeks I have been participating in this fourm, I have been on a quest to prevent any poems from suffering the crushing fate of slipping down onto the second or---dare I say it---third page of postings, with not a single reply. Alas, I must confess, I am but one poet and I cannot do it alone . . .

Well, actually, I could, but I don't want to! It just seems to me, it's something we should all be willing to do.

Have a heart and lend a hand/crit to help keep those 0 reply poems from a fate that's worse than being the last one picked when all the neighborhood kids are teaming up for a friendly game of stick ball. "Not that I would know anything about that," she said still licking her childhood wounds!

Join the Zero Reply Brigade! :TheWave:

JAlpha

Last edited:

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
So long as we don't have to cut circles onto peoples chests, because my sword play is not up to it!

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
I live in my poetry and stories ... sometimes the
Website
users.skynet.be
drink water

Actually this crossed my mind too ... lately. I'm also here only about 2 weeks. What I however like about the board is that there seems to be a natural balance (and an accepted tolerance level) between crit and sharing. I find this healthy but yes, zero posts that's eh well, its just not convivial! Ok when one writes what I sometimes write, its quite understandable. I also think 'conceptual crit' (if such a word excits) is more helpfull that trying to 'correct' others' work. General ideas, etc. if you anderstand what I'm driving at. Looking for the 'whole' poem and the (deconstructed) meaning of what is uttered. The 'what the poem is about'.

I think we all can consider what you are soft suggesting. To the others, who doesn't know, I'm not English and from there the wrong syntaxis and misspellings in my posts sometimes. Oh, just note this, ok?

And thirdly, drink water you guys! Its healthy they say in http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10364

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
JAlpha said:
with not a single reply

Zero replies? But that is most desirable! Those posts that are so wonderful no reply can do justice. They are perfect jewels, glinting on black velvet, best unsullied by any adornment. Those jewels are mine, of course. Then there are those that are so horrible nothing can help them. Those belong to the others.

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
I live in my poetry and stories ... sometimes the
Website
users.skynet.be
mmm

Julie Worth said:
Zero replies? But that is most desirable! Those posts that are so wonderful no reply can do justice. They are perfect jewels, glinting on black velvet, best unsullied by any adornment. Those jewels are mine, of course. Then there are those that are so horrible nothing can help them. Those belong to the others.

What are you a clever darling, July! So sweet! Mmmm

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
JAlpha,

I know what you mean. I've been trying to stop by the poetry section everyday that I can as to prevent poems from not being answered. But then I realized that others are replying to help as well. I always try to save a poem from going to page two with no replies.