PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Beta... YA

KTC
06-02-2008, 10:13 PM
I would like to have somebody beta the first half of my YA. Here's a quick run-down on what it is...

3 friends start a fire in the loft of a barn in which they often hang out. Small town. They flee the scene. Later they discover that not only the barn but the nearby house went up in flames. Later still they discover the old man who lived in the house died. They deal with the guilt of knowing they started the fire that killed the old man. It's a story about loyalties. Soon after discovering the old man died, they learn he had already been dead for over a week. While they're breaking apart within their own loyalties, they find out that the one friend's brother was the one who set the house on fire... seeing the barn fire as his opportunity to burn the evidence that he had been hanging out in the house with the dead body trying to decide how to deal with the death. There are some loyalty plays with the friend and his brother (the murderer) and it carries into their entire family. This story is fully written, but I'd like a beta just for the first half if possible.

The catch... it would have to be somebody who is not quite ready for reciprocal beta-ing. I will be able to beta in a couple months...I'm sure. But I'd like to have this one done ASAP. It's something I've been sitting on for far too long now. It's time to piss or get off the pot, as they say. Anybody up for a YA read?

KTC
06-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Just pushin' this back into the land of 'New Posts'. I would really appreciate it even if someone were to read say 40 pages. Looking for some general feedback... not any sort of line-by-line. It's been edited.

Thanks again.

Harper K
06-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Sounds up my alley. I just sent ya a PM.

KTC
06-04-2008, 01:13 AM
Thank you Satori and Lily. I've sent you both portions. I hope you don't mind that I chose to go with 2. I will reciprocate for both of you when the time comes, if you would like.

And to those others who PMed and Repped.... Thanks so much, but I feel that taking more than 2 beta readers at a time would just be selfish of me. I really appreciate your offers. Maybe you could beta one of the others here instead. Really... thank you.

Kthrok
06-05-2008, 05:30 PM
ill give it a shot